Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newly Updated

0 0%
  • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 3359 of 3417 FirstFirst ... 235928593259330933493357335833593360336133693409 ... LastLast
Results 50,371 to 50,385 of 51254

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_ombie View Post
    I never seem to have much luck with Zombie loot but I am on Day 5 level 10 and not seen a single drop from a zombie yet.

This is 17.2 (b20)
    Thats weird I was getting noticeably more bags when I was playing. Even got two in a row once.

But then again, I also dont have encumbrance working, or status effects from beer working, and the first 8k map I tried was great.(with the exception of massive amounts of radio towers ect.) Hmm, I guess I say "great" in comparison to some of the abomination of maps I have been hearing about on the forum.

So I think experiences are varying greatly atm lol.

Also found all the working workstations on day 1 and had 2 beakers by day 5
    Last edited by Maynard69; 02-11-2019 at 03:23 AM.

Hi all,

Having a blood moon every 7 days is what the game is about. BUT! Having random Blood Moon nights would be beyond Awesome. Think about it for a few minutes. Day 5 - you are gathering all of your resources needed for base building. Then at 1800 hours - the screen goes into blood moon - You have 4 minutes to prepare for a hoard! If it was randomized that would be awesome and give some players heart palpitations! And - that is what the game is about...... Zombies, fear and the unknown.

Ok, I am done.

Cool idea. Maybe TFP will listen and do random blood moons someday...

Scavenger
    Seed "A55hole" is amazing. I have never seen so many cities so close together

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggleslap View Post
    Hi all,

Having a blood moon every 7 days is what the game is about. BUT! Having random Blood Moon nights would be beyond Awesome. Think about it for a few minutes. Day 5 - you are gathering all of your resources needed for base building. Then at 1800 hours - the screen goes into blood moon - You have 4 minutes to prepare for a hoard! If it was randomized that would be awesome and give some players heart palpitations! And - that is what the game is about...... Zombies, fear and the unknown.

Ok, I am done.
    You mean like this: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...porting-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Cool idea. Maybe TFP will listen and do random blood moons someday...
    Yea, sounds sooo cool

Zombie Hunter
    now if only they add colonies + hirable NPCs... then that would make the shorter (daily) / random blood moons more feasible for people other than the most masochist types... plus keep things interesting towards end game

The new settings possibilities are great.

- Random blood moon: I started a game with a blood moon every night BUT a random gap of 7 days. This creates real stress and the obligation to organize differently, I love it. On the other hand, to display the day in red when a blood moon is programmed for the evening spoils a little the pleasure ... I would prefer to be warned towards 6 PM by the first thunderclap.

- XP Multiplier: I set it to 200%. I suspected that there would be a concern (one of those we like to have): gamestage is proportional and I met ferals from day 4. So, yes, I level up faster, but the game becomes much more difficult. Those who want to use this setting to start building earlier have interest in playing Nomad or less ... Awesome.

- Damage of zombies reduced against blocks: 50%. For the moment, I especially saw the interest in the POIs. Zombies take longer to leave a room, it avoids having too much at one time. I also started my base earlier, wooden this time, because it will be easier to defend.

In short, excellent options that can be mixed for everyone to launch the game that best suits his style of play.
    Well played guys

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryZombie View Post
    The problem is with your expectations. You are expecting that each release is put out with you, the player in mind. They are not. They are tweaking and experimenting with things. The goal at this time is not to make a game that 100% satisfies you.

Once you adjust your perceptions to this everything else falls in line.
    Your perception is warped, unless unintentional breaking of basic functionality like hunger and stamina is experimenting and tweaking things to you.

For those of you trying to find a decent RWG map, try MegaMap5000 as your seed on 8k. So far it seems very cool, will update with pics if I get a chance.

We generated a few worlds today on 17.2, and I gotta say this is the worse the game has looked since the first playstation release we played.

Each world was almost flat, populated by scores of radio towers, water treatment plants, and junkyards, with a smattering of residential areas. What happened to 3/4 of the buildings? Where did the mountains go? The maps seem to be almost equally divided by massive sections of each biome.

I'd rather they just cooked 17.2 a bit longer than release this mess. It's almost heartbreaking to see what's happened to a game we love.

Zombie Hunter

Try some seeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    We generated a few worlds today on 17.2, and I gotta say this is the worse the game has looked since the first playstation release we played.

Each world was almost flat, populated by scores of radio towers, water treatment plants, and junkyards, with a smattering of residential areas. What happened to 3/4 of the buildings? Where did the mountains go? The maps seem to be almost equally divided by massive sections of each biome.

I'd rather they just cooked 17.2 a bit longer than release this mess. It's almost heartbreaking to see what's happened to a game we love.
    There is a hugh variation by just adding one letter. I used BETHTEST an got a cool one with a nice mix of hill and water that stretched for 2.5 k with town an residential areas.

+ A lot or Radio towers 🤐 but other than the to many towers there was a nice mix on a N/S corridor.

TFP said RWG is getting some love soon!

Colony Founder
    It's almost heartbreaking to see what's happened to a game we love.
    I expect "Think of the children" any minute now

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    3. The random blood moon thing. Why did The Fun Pimps want to make this random?
    They don't. Vanilla without setting any options is still every 7 days, right?
    Last edited by meganoth; 02-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Zombie Hunter
    I set the AI damage down to 5 HEK 🙂 they can't even get out of a room. This is definitely a test run of the new sliders.

What are you talking about??? 17.2 hasn't been released yet, it's an experimental version still, one you have to opt in on to even see... Not only is it still cooking, you're burning your mouth by tasting it. I have no doubt there will be updates to this branch before 17.2 is released.