Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newly Updated

0 0%
  • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 3261 of 3417 FirstFirst ... 2261276131613211325132593260326132623263327133113361 ... LastLast
Results 48,901 to 48,915 of 51254

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Ranger
    Can we stop and take a moment of silence to appreciate what an AMAZING game, no, WORK OF ART, this is turning out to be? The Fun Pimps really have upped their game recently. 17.1 experimental in particular has been AMAZING for me. Almost Skyrim like. I think I even saw mists in the morning in the forest. I absolutely LOVE this game in it's current form. Especially now that building and harvesting resources gives a bit more XP and the game itself feels much more RPGish. Although I HAVE died. On Scavenger mode. On the easiest possible settings. From food poisoning and lack of food of all things.

My only requests at this point would be:

1) I'd like to see some settlements where multiple NPCs give quests and maybe a main storyline for both randomgen and Navezgane. (Maybe the storyline for both could be to find a cure or something. Wouldn't be that hard to put the ultimate badass base somewhere in randomgen and have certain NPCs give hints as to where it may be as you level up. That would also add an attribute for coaxing more information out of NPCs). This wouldn't be all that hard to add, create a new trader zone type with shelters, people walking around, and dialog. I'd be happy if they didn't even actually speak out loud. Just random conversation and sometimes a quest or two.

2) More water in randomgen. Streams, rivers, ponds, Lakes. No oceans though. I found very little water thus far, just a few small ponds in the desert and a single pond in the forest next to a cabin.

3) Maybe some type of food that doesn't lead to food poisoning, but doesn't provide much in the way of nourishment either? Make it a bit rare. Grapes, blueberries, something. The trader and vending machines are a bit unbalanced so it's hard to save up enough coin before you can be ready to explore houses and get loot (unless I'm missing some aspect of the gameplay).

4) Bandits, if they don't already exist.

5) The server should have random hordes of both zombies and bandits roaming throughout the world constantly, not just spawning near the player. This would make things much more interesting.

6) Vulkan support and general graphics optimizations. In unity you can update to .net 2017. This allows you to add threading support for background tasks. I've experimented with this. With careful optimizations you can improve world load times, chunk load times, etc.

7) As I mentioned before, more sensible biome transistions. Right now I have a desert next to a winter next to a wasteland next to a green biome.

That being said, this game is coming together nicely, and I do home TFP continues to bring it to a beautiful conclusion. It's a work of art and I'll gladly pay for an expansion pack or DLC when it comes out. Hell, I'd throw more money at the Pimps right now if they could. To keep development going on this long must take a ton of cash.

So I built an A17.1 horde base today......

....at the beach....

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    So I built an A17.1 horde base today......
    ....at the beach....
    must have been some heavy shooting going on... i see a lot of empty shells laying around.

Did you install Royals mod for sand SI? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    must have been some heavy shooting going on... i see a lot of empty shells laying around.
    Hehe, I am having 7d2d withdrawals. I want to play more but just havent had the time...

Was at the beach with the kids. I need a mobile version dammit. Make it so TFPs!!!!! 60fps, unity graphics and no microtransactions please!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    POI spawn locations don't move. They are specific invisible blocks that are the only valid locations a sleeper can spawn at. A zombie appearing at a normal location is probably the world spawner randomly adding one, but it should not spawn in that close, so could be a bug.
    You are right. I did some testing with a large and relatively open PreFab I made. I set my spawners to only spawn specific zombie types. I could not get it to happen during the day, but at night, world zombies would spawn inside my POI quite often... and pretty close to me.
    Perhaps another volume would help with this called "BlockingVolume". Doom's SnapMap added this at some point after launch so we could have more control. Then devs and modders can easily define areas where world spawns cannot occur. Or perhaps generalize where you can select the types of spawns to disallow (world, scout, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by betam4x View Post
    Can we stop and take a moment of silence....?
    So youíre the one the sleepers are listening to when they wake up and sneak up on me from behind....

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by exidous View Post
    Can we get dismemberment to work? Or more heads exploding? I miss that.
    I get head explosions all the time, but I perk heavily into perception and Boom headshot

Why canít modlets push assets? You allow people to connect and download xml files but why not custom icons and other unity assets? Folks know they are opting in to a modded server. Please allow at the very least custom icons.

Quote Originally Posted by stasis78 View Post
    Why can’t modlets push assets? You allow people to connect and download xml files but why not custom icons and other unity assets? Folks know they are opting in to a modded server. Please allow at the very least custom icons.
    Some games are cautious about this kind of thing because of copyright infringement. They would have no way of knowing what images you are using and associating with their game. I don't know what the exact rules are, but allowing the transfer without a direct download mod might be a big no-no.
    Last edited by AtomicUs5000; 01-14-2019 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Some games are cautious about this kind of thing because of copyright infringement. They would have no way of knowing what images you are using and associating with their game. I don't know what the exact rules are, but allowing the transfer without a direct download mod might be a big no-no.
    Not too mention vulnerability to haxs.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Not too mention vulnerability to haxs.
    That makes no sense. Games are already vulnerable to hacking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Nope. XCOM has asset support built in and a steam work shop. Try again.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_ahriman View Post
    How can I change loot timer? This "risk&reward" is just bs when your entire horde is radiated zombies so it's almost impossible to get the loot before it goes away.
    He may have said "risk&reward", but in reality it is an intelligence test. It is to test if the players greed is bigger than his intelligence.

Surely you have seen movies in which some idiot can't keep his hands from a cursed idol even though he has been warned. This game has something similar now

Seriously is asset support for mods still in flux but planned for release? I love sdx but I donít want clients forced to download mods.

Serious question. Thank you.

Iím not gonna go ♥♥♥♥ around with custom assets if 99% of players wonít download a mod but I can use in game assets and tints to accomplish the same goal and reach many more folks.
    Last edited by stasis78; 01-14-2019 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasis78 View Post
    Seriously is asset support for mods still in flux but planned for release? I love sdx but I don’t want clients forced to download mods.

Serious question. Thank you.

I’m not gonna go ♥♥♥♥ around with custom assets if 99% of players won’t download a mod but I can use in game assets and tints to accomplish the same goal and reach many more folks.
    I have heard some interesting things about modding, some stuff that may actually deter me from actually continuing modding this game. Would be nice to get some kind of guideline or plan for the future when it comes to mods, even though we know its not a priority for them right now.