View Poll Results: Developer Diary for Developers

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newly Updated

    0 0%
  • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

    0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

    0 0%
Page 3291 of 3417 FirstFirst ... 2291279131913241328132893290329132923293330133413391 ... LastLast
Results 49,351 to 49,365 of 51254

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

  1. #49351
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,778
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedo View Post
    I'm guessing that A18 will add many new quests and mods in the same way that A17 added many new POIs. I'm excited about the future.
    I'm kind of hoping bandits are held off until A19. Ideally I'd like to see behaviour trees (which were part of the plan at one point) combined with a simple set of standard infantry battle drills. With the right type of behaviour tree you can get quite complex behaviour, settable in xml, for relatively little overhead. This takes time though and I'd like them to take the time to do it properly.

    Obligatory PDF warning...
    https://www.elon.edu/docs/e-web/acad...NTRY_UNITS.pdf

    Sorry, I seem to have put two spoonfuls of hope in my coffee instead of sugar. :-)

  2. #49352
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    0
    Question, late game, why can't a take a molotov cocktail and burn down POI's? I know this would be bad on a MP server, but single player would be nice to deal with the ferals.

  3. #49353
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    I joined at A16, got about 200 hours in game in about 3 months. Since A17, got another 100 hour with my friends within a month and we think that A17 is awesome.

    Devs can't make everybody happy, but overall I think the game is improving in a good way. I wanna see more stuff, story, quests, more materials, more options to build bases, performance tuning, etc, but now I think that devs are doing a good job.

  4. #49354
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    8,630
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NukemDed View Post
    lots of (freaking awesome) new pois thanks to lots of poi designers in first a17 iteration.
    not much since.
    what are those guys up to?
    They do level designer things.

    Can't just drop new POI in a patch because that is only going to cause trouble with existing savegames and then players cry unfathomable tears of sadness. (which are yummy but that's beside the point)

  5. #49355
    Leader Royal Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Power
    1
    Gazz do you know if it is possible to affect the lootabundance with a buff ?
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 01-23-2019 at 04:02 PM.

  6. #49356
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    Question, late game, why can't a take a molotov cocktail and burn down POI's? I know this would be bad on a MP server, but single player would be nice to deal with the ferals.
    That is an excellent idea. For wood at least, we don't want to burn down our own bases and the biggest advantage of molotovs is that they do zero damage to blocks.

    If I can find some time, I will make some test to see if this can be easily modded in. I think someone already made such a mod in A16 but I'm sure he needed to add custom libraries and with A17 it might be possible with simple xml edits.
    Last edited by meganoth; 01-23-2019 at 04:39 PM.

  7. #49357
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    6,014
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Gazz do you know if it is possible to affect the lootabundance with a buff ?
    We all know what you want.
    Go to Loot.xml

    Change this:
    -<lootgroup name="ammo" count="1">
    <item name="ammoShotgunShell" count="1,10"/>
    <item name="ammo9mmBullet" prob="1.5" count="1,20"/>
    <item name="ammo762mmBulletFMJ" count="1,20"/>
    <item name="ammo44MagnumBullet" prob="0.2" count="1,12"/>
    <item name="ammoArrowSteelAP" count="8,16"/>
    <item name="ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP" count="8,16"/>


    To this:
    -<lootgroup name="ammo" count="10">
    <item name="ammoShotgunShell" count="1,100"/>
    <item name="ammo9mmBullet" prob="1.5" count="1,200"/>
    <item name="ammo762mmBulletFMJ" count="1,200"/>
    <item name="ammo44MagnumBullet" prob="0.2" count="1,120"/>
    <item name="ammoArrowSteelAP" count="8,160"/>
    <item name="ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP" count="8,160"/>

    Good to go for Gamestage 3000+

  8. #49358
    Leader Royal Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    We all know what you want.
    Go to Loot.xml

    Change this:
    -<lootgroup name="ammo" count="1">
    <item name="ammoShotgunShell" count="1,10"/>
    <item name="ammo9mmBullet" prob="1.5" count="1,20"/>
    <item name="ammo762mmBulletFMJ" count="1,20"/>
    <item name="ammo44MagnumBullet" prob="0.2" count="1,12"/>
    <item name="ammoArrowSteelAP" count="8,16"/>
    <item name="ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP" count="8,16"/>


    To this:
    -<lootgroup name="ammo" count="10">
    <item name="ammoShotgunShell" count="1,100"/>
    <item name="ammo9mmBullet" prob="1.5" count="1,200"/>
    <item name="ammo762mmBulletFMJ" count="1,200"/>
    <item name="ammo44MagnumBullet" prob="0.2" count="1,120"/>
    <item name="ammoArrowSteelAP" count="8,160"/>
    <item name="ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP" count="8,160"/>

    Good to go for Gamestage 3000+
    What i really want is a fluctuating Buff that set the lootabundance
    70% of the time to 25%
    20% of the time to 100%
    and 10% of the time to 200%

    Means different to now there would be a chance to loot something nice (like a jackpot) but normally you get only peanuts

    Ammo i solved by respawning boulders and cars. And if that is not enough maybe later by bigger amounts you can harvest
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 01-23-2019 at 05:01 PM.

  9. #49359
    QA Tester unholyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    south central U.S. in Arkansas
    Posts
    2,356
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    What i really want is a fluctuating Buff that set the lootabundance
    70% of the time to 25%
    20% of the time to 100%
    and 10% of the time to 200%

    Means different to now there would be a chance to loot something nice (like a jackpot) but normally you get only peanuts

    Ammo i solved by respawning boulders and cars. And if that is not enough maybe later by bigger amounts you can harvest
    no amount of sugar will change what i see, and that is... it will still be RNG only a little more maybe...

    when multiple %s are given to a formula it is random. but that is totally your choice and thats what matters.

    btw - Aldranon's way looks to be a whole lot simpler. but i am blind in one ear and deaf in one eye.
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 01-23-2019 at 05:12 PM.

  10. #49360
    Leader Royal Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Power
    1
    unholyjoe the lootabundance rng is simply broken.
    Set it to 25% and will not get 25% if these nice Tools or Weapons, no you will get exact Zero

    The way i want to mod it it would be possible to strecht the game by low loot amounts but you would still get sometimes a really full container

    And who dont like this "Yeaaa baby, a full crate of nice loot" moments


    But the silence about my question let me believe that there is no way to realize that

  11. #49361
    QA Tester unholyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    south central U.S. in Arkansas
    Posts
    2,356
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    unholyjoe the lootabundance rng is simply broken.
    Set it to 25% and will not get 25% if these nice Tools or Weapons, no you will get exact Zero

    The way i want to mod it it would be possible to strecht the game by low loot amounts but you would still get sometimes a really full container

    And who dont like this "Yeaaa baby, a full crate of nice loot" moments


    But the silence about my question let me believe that there is no way to realize that
    truthfully i have yet to play any game where RNG was fair... luck to me has always been... i just dont get what i want when i really want it or need it.

    if it wasnt for bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all.

  12. #49362
    Leader Royal Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Power
    1
    This mod i want for more than just bad luck at rng.
    Have a look on this here
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/25157...9167218694607/

    And even if fixed. i would like to have a small chance to get rarely a jackpot
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 01-23-2019 at 05:21 PM.

  13. #49363
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    0
    Any devs reading this, when is 17.2 coming and what's in it?

  14. #49364
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,778
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    What i really want is a fluctuating Buff that set the lootabundance
    70% of the time to 25%
    20% of the time to 100%
    and 10% of the time to 200%

    Means different to now there would be a chance to loot something nice (like a jackpot) but normally you get only peanuts

    Ammo i solved by respawning boulders and cars. And if that is not enough maybe later by bigger amounts you can harvest
    I think I see where you're going with this. Can you hook into the time with the updated modding system or perhaps have a countdown timer buff which randomly chooses a buff to apply?

    Buff1 = 25%
    Buff2 = 100%
    Buff3 = 200%

    Check which buff is applied once per hour. Apologies, but this is easier to show you in pseudocode.

    float randomRoll = Random.Range(0f,100f);
    if(randomRoll > 70f){
    ....<apply Buff3>
    }else if (randomRoll > 20f){
    ....<apply Buff2>
    }else{
    ....<apply Buff1>
    }

    Not sure how you'd achieve that with the cvars system, or even if it's possible, but that logic should get you the result you're looking for.

    I hope that helps.

  15. #49365
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,778
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    This mod i want for more than just bad luck at rng.
    Have a look on this here
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/25157...9167218694607/

    And even if fixed. i would like to have a small chance to get rarely a jackpot
    You're still missing the fact that unplaced bird nests and cupboards which are generated as empty should still be taken into account for the loot count.

    The maths is wrong, read the comment at the bottom of the thread about sample sizes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •