Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newly Updated

0 0%
  • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 3299 of 3382 FirstFirst ... 229927993199324932893297329832993300330133093349 ... LastLast
Results 49,471 to 49,485 of 50725

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    I'd LOVE mountain tunnels!
    +1 for this - and it seems like it should be at least possible, depending upon the road generation algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    Thats what mods are for.. to fix things before tfp can fix them in experimental.

... and exactly what we do... we rarely use guns at all because it wakes everything up, but on horde nights it's no holds barred!
    Ah yes, but you see this is EXACTLY why i am NOT releasing it to the public. It will be In Ravenhearst when you get it yes, but since there has been radio silence, I'll just assume they think it is fine, and actually i do believe in Experimental they SAID they were looking into it but meh, who cares right?

Over and over we hear from Roland and others how modders are NOT expected to fix game bugs. Well I'm living up to that very expectation. Modders have been told its NOT our job or are we expected to ever fix anything since Pimps got this. I AM enjoying the pages and pages of mathematical equations and testing though. Carry on gents.

Is this a good time to ALSO point out that prob in rwgmixer is incorrectly spelled "prop" thereby breaking spawns of pois? Or that fixing the map names displayed as xuieditotblahblah is literally a 30 second tweak? or should modders fix that too?

Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    That much I know is incorrect. I started enough Nav maps during the beta phase to test it.

If you go to a POI during one Nav map, then start a new Nav map, and go to the same POI, the cabinets (or whatever) that are open in one map can be closed in the other (and vice versa).
    Thanks for teaching me something. I haven't ever played with the POI editor and obviously have not paid close attention to POIs I've looted! It's better, IMO, that it is random instead of fixed for each POI. So now I wonder if lootable containers which have open and closed states are available (in the POI editor, for example) in three flavors: always open, always lootable, and variable. So if you wanted to design an always-fully-lootable kitchen, you could do so.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Numberz View Post
    I believe that is completely moddable. Look in the blockplaceholders.xml file. You can adjust the percentages for open and closed containers.
    Oh, well, there you go.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
    Your bridges are awesome. Your way is the same as i did in my game. If you place fence over a hole, Your vehicle is free to go over this steps withput any issues. I think this is way TFP should go with bridges.

I am sorry about my english.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUST2DEATH View Post
    I saw your post. I agree with it. I know Guppy does to.
    But, despite that, TFP are going to do what TFP want to do.

PS. My bus still cries. Fix it TFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    Same as I do since minibike is in, difference is that I put plates all over the bridge, not only to hide the gaps between wooden frames and ground. With new vehicles is fine as riding in fresh snow.
    Thanks guys. I was worried that I was not making a good contribution to the game and players.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Is this a good time to ALSO point out that prob in rwgmixer is incorrectly spelled "prop" thereby breaking spawns of pois?
    Is that seriously not fixed? I know it was bug reported, and we have a release since the report and the typo was not fixed? That's..........astounding.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Building a better bridge tomorrow with todayís tools

Ever since I have gotten my bicycle, have been wanting to improve the bridge in the game. While it wasnít a problem before mini-bikes and not really an issue even after that. The bridge is a real issue with the bicycle.
    First of all, the gap of space can catch the tire, bringing it down so that itís lower on the ramp before ascending. Then the ramp leading up at a 45% angle not also slows the bike but will put it at an odd angle. Plus crossing over this can sometimes damage it. This normally happens when you speed across it. But if you try to cross it at normal speed, you run the chance of getting stuck.

So I decided to build a new bridge that would be better for things like the bicycle. Getting next to the shore of a river, I placed wood frames so that they would be flush with the ground.
    Leading off of that I used wood plates to help fill the gap between the blocks and the soil. Then to fill the rest of the gap, I used a hoe and used it to till the soil. This filled in the gap nicely.

The resulting bridge is much better on the bicycle and barely slows it down.
    With some texture, it can look like a bridge.
    To support the bridge I places flagstone supports every five blocks on either side.

Please see my screenshots below.

The first screenshot shows a standard bridge in the game. It also shows it next to mine.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1631131770

This second shot shows the work I did,
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1631132068

This final screenshot shows the bridge with some texture to it to make it look more natural.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1631132270

Please let me know what you think.
    I've been wanting flat bridges for a while. We have 2 tasks for this improvement tagged as A17 must fix, but don't know when it will be addressed. I think there are issues with breaking saves. Maybe the new RWG can address this, since I know Kinyajuu is working on roads/bridges over water this week.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Eagle LXIX View Post
    @faatal,
    Am I correctly reading things?
    Do zombies get a boost to 200% against blocks impeding their path to the player, plus an additional 10% boost for each zombie in a 1.7 meter radius on the Horizontal and a 1.5 radius on the vertical?

Just curious if I got that right or I am being stupid. Thanks.
    Basically, but the 200% boost is when they are stuck moving. Normal break block mode does not get that bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I've been wanting flat bridges for a while. We have 2 tasks for this improvement tagged as A17 must fix, but don't know when it will be addressed. I think there are issues with breaking saves.
    Do it. Break the saves. Its worth it.

Can someone from TFP (or someone who can read the code better than I) advise something I believe I saw a few pages back that suggested cars respawn if wrenched (and not specifically linked to quest POIs)? I know some modders had implemented a way to achieve this but wondered if it was in the vanilla game???

Cheers.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrook1028 View Post
    Is that seriously not fixed? I know it was bug reported, and we have a release since the report and the typo was not fixed? That's..........astounding.
    I found a ton of errors that effect the game like this some I reported.
    Some I did not I just fixed them shook my head and moved on...(mainly because I could not remember exactly where they were.)

I found prob's with commas instead of periods what that does IDK I guess just pick random number between the 2 just like count does IDK
    I found a skill/perk where they had LTE 3 and GTE 3 that did 2 different things...
    I am sure this is a problem.
    I do not see why they went crazy on the cvar java type script for a lot of these things when good old equals would work just fine.
    We are only talking 1-5 and 1-10 after all not numbers in the 100's or even 1000's where it would be more appropriate.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    +1 for this - and it seems like it should be at least possible, depending upon the road generation algorithm.
    Yeah is what I was thinking also. Since they can tell it to build a bridge over water shouldn't be to much harder to tell it to make a tunnel if the terrain height changes too much over a certain amount of blocks.
    They could even add dirt up over the top and sides to ensure it fits better if they are afraid the Height of the mountain/hill might not be what the game is actually creating.
    What I mean is if the variables say build a tunnel here and the tunnel forms closer to the top of mountain/hill and forms to stick out of the already generated ground then the filler dirt on top and sides would alleviate this.

EDIT
    added filler dirt on top to include sides because IF they take this idea and only add to top and not sides may cause unwanted look or issues.
    Last edited by Wardronex; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I've been wanting flat bridges for a while. We have 2 tasks for this improvement tagged as A17 must fix, but don't know when it will be addressed. I think there are issues with breaking saves. Maybe the new RWG can address this, since I know Kinyajuu is working on roads/bridges over water this week.
    ....if theres are any rwg fixes, we'll want to start over anyway. Just Do It!

...and please for the love of God, get someone to add that controller push to run and gyrocopter down fix in. You mentioned it was fixed, but it's never been rolled into the exp or stable.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMissNorti View Post
    Can someone from TFP (or someone who can read the code better than I) advise something I believe I saw a few pages back that suggested cars respawn if wrenched (and not specifically linked to quest POIs)? I know some modders had implemented a way to achieve this but wondered if it was in the vanilla game???

Cheers.
    I want to state up front I am not part of TFP's.
    Nor am I part of the 7dtd mod community.
    What I do is for myself and a few friends who I play with.
    I also want to say I have never implemented this in any of my games. But I Do remember talking to them awhile ago (years in fact) of how they did it.

That out of the way.
    I am going to say NO they do not have a feature to respawn any objects in the game...
    Aside from 1 which they only recently added to this alpha.(17)

As far as what the modders do it is very similar to what TFP's did with crops.
    Upon destruction a seed is planted.<(this is the 1 and only thing like this TFP's did)

Instead of a crop the modders created their own crop to plant when certain objects are destroyed.
    In the case of your example a car seed that they have only 1 growth cycle and they add their own timer to it.
    So that it could reach growth cycle 1 instant or any other amount of time they wish to add....
    and that growth would create the newly generated car where the old 1 was.

Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted to know or were looking for...
    but it is all I know on the matter and hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardronex View Post
    I want to state up front I am not part of TFP's.
    Nor am I part of the 7dtd mod community.
    What I do is for myself and a few friends who I play with.
    I also want to say I have never implemented this in any of my games. But I Do remember talking to them awhile ago (years in fact) of how they did it.

That out of the way.
    I am going to say NO they do not have a feature to respawn any objects in the game...
    Aside from 1 which they only recently added to this alpha.(17)

As far as what the modders do it is very similar to what TFP's did with crops.
    Upon destruction a seed is planted.<(this is the 1 and only thing like this TFP's did)

Instead of a crop the modders created their own crop to plant when certain objects are destroyed.
    In the case of your example a car seed that they have only 1 growth cycle and they add their own timer to it.
    So that it could reach growth cycle 1 instant or any other amount of time they wish to add....
    and that growth would create the newly generated car where the old 1 was.

Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted to know or were looking for...
    but it is all I know on the matter and hope it helps.
    Kinda sorta not really...Let me explain:

I know if you attend a quest POI, you can wrench the car, activate the quest and the car magically reappears as the POI is refreshed. If you wrench a car in the world (i.e. not part of a POI or quest), I have seen that car re-appear exactly as it was. There was no map wipe or region wipe and I am 100% certain the car was no longer in the game (I had wrenched it myself for fuel after I ran out on my bike).

We have since gotten a new seed/map on 17.1 and many of the server occupants are wrenching cars like there's no tomorrow for their brass and mechanical parts. Everyone seems firmly of the opinion that cars do not in fact respawn...but, someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they in fact did respawn (or at least it was heavily suggested). So was wondering if TFP implemented something to facilitate that or if I was inferring too much...but then the example of what I witnessed - how could that be explained??

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMissNorti View Post
    Kinda sorta not really...Let me explain:

I know if you attend a quest POI, you can wrench the car, activate the quest and the car magically reappears as the POI is refreshed. If you wrench a car in the world (i.e. not part of a POI or quest), I have seen that car re-appear exactly as it was. There was no map wipe or region wipe and I am 100% certain the car was no longer in the game (I had wrenched it myself for fuel after I ran out on my bike).

We have since gotten a new seed/map on 17.1 and many of the server occupants are wrenching cars like there's no tomorrow for their brass and mechanical parts. Everyone seems firmly of the opinion that cars do not in fact respawn...but, someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they in fact did respawn (or at least it was heavily suggested). So was wondering if TFP implemented something to facilitate that or if I was inferring too much...but then the example of what I witnessed - how could that be explained??
    As far as the poi reset yes that is all true and TFP's did it for obvious reasons.
    If the quest is in a local where it was already ransacked.
    I won't get into they shoulda or coulda done it this way or another way.
    Basically I think it was the easiest and quickest way to do it. so that's what they did.
    As far as cars respawning outside of this...
    I have never seen this... but you said it was on a server...
    Is it yours or run by someone else?
    I know there is a way to set a timer to reset areas.
    This might be why the cars respawn.
    Loot timers can only respawn loot from containers that are not destroyed.
    So resetting areas in a multiplayer game is the only way to ensure that those items will be there for all.
    Some items can only be wrenched from certain things like cars.<(at least that is how it used to work)
    still all and all it is still a prefered way to ensure everyone can possibly get what they want or need.

Whether TFP's did this for MP IDK
    Sorry...
    I do know server admins had been doing it themselves for awhile
    Last edited by Wardronex; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:45 AM.