Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 442

Thread: [02/08] Message from the Team

  1. #151
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wjiiv View Post
    Umm...they never said we were or were not getting everything that pc has, in fact we have things the pc version doesnt, like split screen. The reason pc has more stuff now is because they arent releasing the new betas on console, for hopefully obvious porting reasons. So until they are actually done updating and actually have a full release on pc might be best to reserve those judgements. Just my 2 cents.
    We don't get a new alpha untilit is stable enough to be considered finished. I'm willing to bet we will see more A16 content in the indicated big update. More pointedly, we will likely get just about everything except the sky scrapers due to the way things load on console.

  2. #152
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    6,820
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by I3elial View Post
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/p...vs-ps4-2941086

    quotes from article:

    "The graphics processor (GPU) in the PS4 Pro Ė thatís the bit that generates the 3D graphics in games Ė is just over twice as powerful as that in the PS4. Sonyís also upgraded the processor, which handles things like physics and artificial intelligence in games.

    Sony claims the new PS4 Pro can run at 4.2 teraflops, compared to the 1.84 teraflops of the original PS4
    Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086#QESL1r4jfoEfJShG.99"

    While I agree that even with the new specs, PS4 pro will not meet the "recommended" Quad Core setup of PC, that the ram is short, but there is no way that that explains the shortness of 7dtd for console.

    Imho, of course, it is far more reasonable to expect that the red-tape by SONY/M-Soft, and their respective system processes that causes problems and slows development. It is not a lack of power, but simply the amount of hoops that need to be jumped through to get anything done with a highly regulated, patented, and copyrighted system.
    Unity clocks on the CPU, and RAM. Not on the GPU. So the Pro specs only help GPU intensive games like Ark. For a voxel game like this one, it doesn't do it any favors. Which I outlined quite clearly in the sticky thread.

    Sony and MS need to quit cheaping out on console players, and actually improve the core hardware. Pro and XB1 were both huge disappointments for the future of console gaming.

  3. #153
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Sony and MS need to quit cheaping out on console players, and actually improve the core hardware. Pro and XB1 were both huge disappointments for the future of console gaming.
    It's all about making the majority of games released look better for the console companies. Vocal games are out numbered by FPS, sports, and driving games.

  4. #154
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Unity clocks on the CPU, and RAM. Not on the GPU. So the Pro specs only help GPU intensive games like Ark. For a voxel game like this one, it doesn't do it any favors. Which I outlined quite clearly in the sticky thread.

    Sony and MS need to quit cheaping out on console players, and actually improve the core hardware. Pro and XB1 were both huge disappointments for the future of console gaming.
    I thought it was pretty clear. I don't think you can explain it any better in the many threads that it has been brought up and you have explained and also the sticky threads you have explained.

    I would like to also point out when I play on pc and my friend tries to play they have just as much problems as console does. The pc they play on is just bare minimum on the pc specs so just because they meet the minimum specs does not mean it runs good. So if you look at it yes console is just short of the minimum specs but it is far from the recommended specs. Either way console is still under power for this specific game. I am still amazed at what they have donever so far with what they have to work with for console but it does not shock me at all as to why it has the problems it has.

  5. #155
    Ranger skippy0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Unity clocks on the CPU, and RAM. Not on the GPU. So the Pro specs only help GPU intensive games like Ark. For a voxel game like this one, it doesn't do it any favors. Which I outlined quite clearly in the sticky thread.

    Sony and MS need to quit cheaping out on console players, and actually improve the core hardware. Pro and XB1 were both huge disappointments for the future of console gaming.
    Consoles are underpowered, big time. period. They throw everything into GPU, so that console users can have "shiny" graphics, on static games like Call of duty, or Ark. Some console users have no clue, what vox games take up on the unit. I challenge anyone that says 7 days should run better, to play minecraft on console, than come back and tell me how vox games work.

  6. #156
    Survivor DragonFyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post
    Consoles are underpowered, big time. period. They throw everything into GPU, so that console users can have "shiny" graphics, on static games like Call of duty, or Ark. Some console users have no clue, what vox games take up on the unit. I challenge anyone that says 7 days should run better, to play minecraft on console, than come back and tell me how vox games work.
    If I recall correctly, Minecraft has a limited height map and world size on the console because it wasn't able to support the same size maps they have on the PC.

  7. #157
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFyre View Post
    If I recall correctly, Minecraft has a limited height map and world size on the console because it wasn't able to support the same size maps they have on the PC.
    Minecraft does not run the calculations that 7 Days does. Hence in Minecraft you can have floating bases.

  8. #158
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    6,820
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    Minecraft does not run the calculations that 7 Days does. Hence in Minecraft you can have floating bases.
    Which is kind of the point he was making I think.

    Even as simple as minecraft is for a voxel game, the console was unable to manage the same capabilities as it can on the PC version. Because of the hardware limitations on the consoles.

    Here's a short comparison of the versions.

    PC Console Original Console Bedrock Edition
    World Size 30 million blocks in each direction 864 blocks in each direction* 5,120 blocks in each direction
    Height Map 256 blocks 64 blocks 256 blocks
    Block Types All Limited Almost all
    Mods Yes No Unknown
    *The original release on consoles was a mere 256 blocks in each direction, and then later updated to 864.

    It's been said that the textures are a higher quality on the PC version, but I don't have any reference for that.

  9. #159
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    In my Room waiting for the next 7 Days to Die console patch.
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0
    Speaking of Unity. That engine got recently updated for FULL Xbox One X support. https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/08/14...or-xbox-one-x/
    I think its time someone updated their engine.

  10. #160
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Which is kind of the point he was making I think.

    Even as simple as minecraft is for a voxel game, the console was unable to manage the same capabilities as it can on the PC version. Because of the hardware limitations on the consoles.

    Here's a short comparison of the versions.

    PC Console Original Console Bedrock Edition
    World Size 30 million blocks in each direction 864 blocks in each direction* 5,120 blocks in each direction
    Height Map 256 blocks 64 blocks 256 blocks
    Block Types All Limited Almost all
    Mods Yes No Unknown
    *The original release on consoles was a mere 256 blocks in each direction, and then later updated to 864.

    It's been said that the textures are a higher quality on the PC version, but I don't have any reference for that.
    Yeah I just read his post wrong, to be honest.

  11. #161
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    So @ Clare any chance of a nice developer update of any kind. No video needed just a reply will suffice.

    Maybe talking about some of the additions to console thatís nearly finished for the new update. Any news and update talk is appreciated thanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    So @ Clare any chance of a nice developer update of any kind. No video needed just a reply will suffice.

    Maybe talking about some of the additions to console thatís nearly finished for the new update. Any news and update talk is appreciated thanks

  12. #162
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    wish we could at least get an update with some bug fixes. used to get one once a month or 2 but now seems like we are not getting any bug fixes.

  13. #163
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    1
    I dont think people understand what they are talking about when they say console makers are cheaping out when they are selling a system for 300$ vs 3000 for a decent computer.

  14. #164
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wjiiv View Post
    I dont think people understand what they are talking about when they say console makers are cheaping out when they are selling a system for 300$ vs 3000 for a decent computer.
    Well whasy he is saying is that instead of going with more expensive parts that would allow better handling of a wider variety of games, console manufacturers prefer to stick with the cheapest parts that will allow the more popular "rinse and repeat" games to function with the latest shiny wrapper.

  15. #165
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmad03 View Post
    So @ Clare any chance of a nice developer update of any kind. No video needed just a reply will suffice.

    Maybe talking about some of the additions to console thatís nearly finished for the new update. Any news and update talk is appreciated thanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    So @ Clare any chance of a nice developer update of any kind. No video needed just a reply will suffice.

    Maybe talking about some of the additions to console thatís nearly finished for the new update. Any news and update talk is appreciated thanks
    Information about anything is a slippery slope. If they start talking about additions, it would be awesome. Except later on, they could find out that planned addition just wont work, and then you'll. See all kinds of angry posts about promises not being made.

    At this point, I'd bet they are working in getting solid information about what can be added. Once they are certain, then we will get more news.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •