Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illumination

Survivor
    I won't believe you. Something came in my mind I think I believe you now. I used wooden frames in my house I upgraded them two times. That means the blocks had a bright colour but when I upgraded them a third time the block had a dark colour and the room went darker. Craft a headlight...
    Last edited by Un-BeatabIe; 03-04-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Interesting observation Un-Beatable

What are your walls made out of Ryan666?

The team member I spoke to agrees that your light does seem unusually dark, but they also mentioned what the others have said, an electric light will only throw light to the 4-ish squares below it. The light fall area is smaller on Console than it is on PC as larger illuminated areas caused lag. Clustering them would throw light to the same squares below rather than increasing the brightness of the room - though I do understand the logic behind doing so.

I will continue to have the team look into this on my end.
    Clare

Survivor
    Test it If it's better with woodframes.

The walls made of rebar Frames and concrete , yes , I do remember as I said when I was playing PC version , the light spread much natural and realistic, I know guys you do a lot of work , but is there any way to fix this and make it exactly like PC version at least on the next update ?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Iíll try this thanks !

Because the light spread caused a lot of lag and in some cases crashes I'm not sure if the team will be swapping this back to PC scale anytime soon. However with improvements this may be possible in the future. I really cannot say.

Clare

Zombie Hunter
    Inside the blackness of my skull, uh where is the way out?
    If you put electric lighting in they do seem to be pretty weak (unless you want to put the mobile spotlights inside your home) I rely on torces until I have a mining helmet and just leave that on

Tracker
    Same here man.

Refugee
    I was reading this when I remembered a post about too many lights(switched) 10+, torches, in 1 place may be the cause of md5, if it's too dark, we'll put in more lights, it's the nature of the beast. Expand the area of illumination, so we need less fixtures/torches around the area/bases as a shot in the dark wastes ammo

Unfortunately the areas of illumination where reduced in comparison to the PC version because it caused a lot of lag build up with only a handful of lights which could result in crashing really quickly in game, in some cases not allowing players to get back into their save. From what I remember the change in spread was modified rather quickly by the team to reduce this. Due to the limitations of console vs PC, this spread likely won't be brought back to PC levels, if it is it would require a fair bit of optimization beforehand.

The lights themselves do not trigger MD5s, they can however cause a build up in lag which may or may not be a contributing factor to crashes players experience. I usually mention it in trouble shooting and when suggesting things that might assist in reducing crashes but only a small number of players have mentioned lights actually being a factor for them. The lights issue is also more commonly reported on PS4.
    Last edited by Clare; 05-08-2018 at 10:18 AM.