Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Item counts in air drops changed?

Refugee

Item counts in air drops changed?

So the wife and I just started playing (local split screen) again. Last time we played was around patch 9 or 10. Previously, it seemed like stackable items (recipes, med kits, etc) that appeared in air drop crates would almost always have 2 items there... one copy of the recipe for each of us. Now there's usually just one copy of each item in the crate. Was this an intentional change that I missed somewhere?

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    It's just random. Most of the time you don't get dupes on recipes though, so yall have been pretty lucky.

Reconstructionist
    If you set Loot Quantity to 200% you will tend to get 2 recipes, challenges, etc.

Colony Founder
    It was changed a bit back so that you would only get one schematic/skill book instead of multiples.

Scavenger
    I play on PS4 private games, and at least half of my airdrops have duplicate schematics(Last game it was flaming arrows quite often.). I rarely have anyone join my games, and end up with stacks of the big med kits as well, mostly from airdrops.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    If you set Loot Quantity to 200% you will tend to get 2 recipes, challenges, etc.
    Increasing the loot quantity only duplicates stackable. You won't get duplicate recipes since they don't stack.

Refugee
    They used to stack. I think that might be the change that happened... since they don't stack now, they don't give duplicates any more. We do usually play on 200% loot.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by gilean23 View Post
    They used to stack. I think that might be the change that happened... since they don't stack now, they don't give duplicates any more. We do usually play on 200% loot.
    There you go then. Recipes dont stack, and haven't for some time now.

Hunter
    recipes, maps, & challenges no longer come in multiples of 2 or more since the update in January, but maps & challenges still stack where recipes don't. i have also noticed that some recipies have become more common while others have become extremely rare (day 111 and STILL no hunting knife book).

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelek View Post
    recipes, maps, & challenges no longer come in multiples of 2 or more since the update in January, but maps & challenges still stack where recipes don't. i have also noticed that some recipies have become more common while others have become extremely rare (day 111 and STILL no hunting knife book).
    RNG is a funny mistress. It tends to keep one item out of reach for the long haul.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    RNG is a funny mistress. It tends to keep one item out of reach for the long haul.
    A lot of the console crowd may not know about the Dark Times, when you couldn't even build a forge before finding the right book.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    A lot of the console crowd may not know about the Dark Times, when you couldn't even build a forge before finding the right book.
    Oh, I recall the days where we would sell our firstborn to the RNG gods just to get that book. Man those were dark times. Even worst than stickgate was.

Survivor
    I played over 200 hours and I've never seen the book for beer or natural antibiotics.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelek View Post
    I always was able to make one from day 1 but never found the book again. I don't even know how the book looks like. That's weird

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Un-BeatabIe View Post
    I played over 200 hours and I've never seen the book for beer or natural antibiotics.
    i wound up buying thr brewing book from a trader, a waste of tokens as i have never even a hops flower. iam not sure there is a book for the natural antibiotics. that recipe opened automatically when i hit a certain medicine level. i think 25.

the hunting book is orange and looks like the pistol book. i think thet it should be changed to "bladed weapons" so we could craft our own machetes and maybe even larger weapons. maybe make it a skill where you need the book to open up the skill and give you the forge hunting knives, then every 25 levels in the skill opens up a new recipe.