Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1501

Thread: The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    It's doable now and works, except all traders can buy all things. That, and something weird about the trader id going over 5 or something... But it all worked.

Seems that since you're already looking into balancing traders, that revisiting your wish list is a good idea.
    I'll ask around, if its still possible I'll definitely put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor3D View Post
    I was talking about in combination with the traders. You do continue to get more as you progress through the POI, but to really maintain the gains you have 5 traders to utilize. Ammo is continually gained using both the traders AND the POIs together. It also depends on what ammo you're using - the most common drop is 9mm - the second most common is shotgun. (But you're also accumulating brasss, paper, nitrate powder and gun powder as you run through them) Those should be the two weapons you use and you alternate. Leave the 7.62 for horde night. Go through a POI with a MP5 or Pistol and you'll accumulate some shotgun and some 9mm mostly as you progress through it and as you get to the stash. You'll have more shotgun ammo than when you started - and maybe less 9mm than when you started. No biggie - go to the next POI and this time just use the shotgun - repeat - repeat - go to the 1st trader and sell all the valuable loot you got - then buy all of his ammo, his casings, his nitrate powder, his coal, his paper repeat again with trader #2, and so on and so forth- and tell me you don't have MORE ammo...if you don't...I don't know man..you gotta aim better I guess :P
    You have a min/maxer/play to win mindset. This isn't how to role play at all. I use one firearm exclusively and perk up in it so that it's effective. You don't need to lug around a bunch of guns then and one perked up gun is better than 3 unperked IMO. I sell every other ammo type I'm not using for the build back to the trader.

As I mentioned, we're trying to support role players a little more. If I just want to play a wasteland scavver who quests for the traders and turn horde night zombies off, in an upcoming build I'll be able to do so. When bandits are added and more quest types become available this will be a fun way to enjoy the game. On the same token minecraft lovers will be able to build massive forts and not worry about getting overrun. And if your hardcore, turn on hordes every night Anyhow, its going to be interesting. Your concerns seem best addressed by fixing loot abundance.

I confirmed a massive bug where the first rank of better barter was way more than 10%. Its fixed already. I'd never used it because I got enough dukes questing, but wow I can see how rich people could get. Thanks for letting me know guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Noompsie View Post
    If your at the point in your game where you can craft and sell steel stuff, augers, chainsaws etc, then your at endgame and in my opinion probably playing on past the point where a lot of players have quit and started a new playthrough. I personally have never got to crafting augers before i get bored with the game and start over.
    I doubt you got that far with A17 yet? With all the game stages and new ai, I would expect a very hard challenge later game, but I could be wrong. I used my auger and chainsaw already that I looted and its pretty nice tbh. It uses some gas. But yeah crafting one is different I suspect, but as long as we keep an evolving challenge, I think late game could be fun. To me most games I restart when I'm so OP that there is no challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    You should take a look at the "Ramblin Man" series from Glock9 on Youtube. He also does a series that he calls "Dishong Tower" and in which he himself has imposed the restriction that he doesn't leave Dishong Tower and only survives with what he finds in the building. I think both are very good examples of a role-playing game in 7 Days to Die.
    That sounds awesome. I don't know if that would be viable in A17 though since zombies don't deliver food and junk resources like before.

Quote Originally Posted by icehot View Post
    I can craft augers and chainsaws, and any weapon I want, the blood moon hordes are still a challenge, but there's little point going into POI's anymore as I have everything I need, and they don't offer a good enough reward (read that as a good amount of ammo) to make it worth risking. On day 115 and level 130.
    All your armor, tools and weapons are flawless and loaded full of mods?

Quote Originally Posted by MPx View Post
    Quest tier V, how many of you have tried? Those should be better paid, IMO.. or I'm complaining just because I can. lel seriously, most of the zombies on POI's are irradiated and no matter if you have level 6 weapons. Im not saying reduce the special zombies spawns on POIs but raise a little bit the amount of dukes for doing it. At the end, players will get enough dukes to buy the ammo they spent on the quest. XD

About traders inventories. well, they should sell paste to craft tapes. I dont remember buying paste. I know we can find tapes on garbage but If you are on a hurry because a horde night is coming and you dont have repair kits and no bones to make paste.. oof!
    About ammo, I always buy ammo because I dont like mining that much, it's because the auger... consume more gas that it used to do it in the previous alpha, even a level 6 auger.

Edited:

Reduce the prizes of solar cell, please!
    Are you playing 17.1? You get about 10k xp for t3 quest, and 1125-1500 dukes, AND the quest rewards, I think the XP and dukes are great, but the rewards might be trashy I didn't do that part.

Quote Originally Posted by omegarte View Post
    Just want to put in my 2 cents about traders. Some of these have already been requested so I am just agreeing:
    -Tool & Die set and beakers in the secret stash or regular trader inventory. I had a hard time finding these items in loot containers.
    -Better quality items for rewards after finishing quests. Tier III quests shouldn't be offering gray/orange quality items (in my opinion)
    -Vending machines in regular house POIs should be removed. I think they are fine in commercial POIs like the fire station.
    -Alternatively, the vending machine's items never changes or gets re-stocked.
    -Just remove most gray quality items from traders (except maybe steel items and automatic weapons). I'm just not going to spend my coins on such low quality items that I typically find looting anyway. If any of you have bought a gray quality pistol or gray quality cloth armor from a trader, you need your head examined.
    I did some changes to tool and die for 17.1. Both my last two games I found one or saw at the trader long before I could craft steel. Have you played 17.1?

Quote Originally Posted by icehot View Post
    Lol, yeah, i'm not finishing this game any time soon, if I do go in POI's it's still dangerous, and blood moons are getting tougher etc, but I am finding there's less interest in going in POI's now due to lack of profitability, and also less interested in the perks now, as although I definitely don't have everything (I'm only level 131 now), there's not really any perks I'm desperate for anymore. Just working on building up strength and fortitude but happy to do that slowly, whilst my character lounges around in his base getting fat lol
    We're going to add legendary items with probably random values, so the quest for the best loot will be endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Not in this alpha i'm guessing?
    No it will be a future alpha, we're just fixing bugs, balancing and optimizing A17 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymantle View Post
    Legendary? Why would you do this? Why not add things we need like brass, medical supplies that are needed to craft, food needed for crafting food etc. Adding items that break the games challenge is game breaking IMHO. Survival crafting game not Wow lite please.
    How can you add what is already there?

Quote Originally Posted by DEADFACE View Post
    I see a lot of talk about having traders specialize in what they sell. I like the idea a lot, but think it might be better if they specialize what they sell by biome rather then item types (or maybe in conjunction with types).

Examples:
    Desert trader would either alway carry or have a high chance of stocking:
    first aid bandages
    yucca juice
    aloe/yucca seeds
    oil shale
    gas
    oil
    heat resistant clothing or mods

desert trader would have a low or no chance of stocking things like:
    wood
    water
    cold resistant clothing or mods
    probably other stuff

I'll leave it to your imagination what other biome traders would be likely to carry or not
    That is counter realistic though. The whole trading system was invented because of lack of specific resources. So people with no wood, traded with people who did have wood, so that they could sell it, because it is in high demand. I found out we can do trader specific inventory, so I'm going with the original design idea there.

Edit: If anything it would be the opposite, wood and water would be stocked high in the desert. Oil might be for sale in the other biomes since anyone in the desert can go find it easily.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHorde View Post
    Faatal: If garbage collection needs to run roughly every minute, are you able to force it to happen when you open the map, a menu or when you get in/out of vehicles, or other situations where you aren't generally in an intense moment where microstutter is the difference between life and death?
    Yes, Kinyajuu and I talked about that a few weeks ago. A possible change when we get to it.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Sephiroth View Post
    I know that it isn't used correctly. On my end, A17.0, if I go into my graphics options and exit them, then exit the game, that value is created and the next time I start the game G-Sync won't work and I get micro-stutter. The game DOES create "Screenmanager Is Fullscreen Mode" if you go into your graphics options in-game. However, deleting that entry and playing the game without ever entering the options again means the entry never shows up in my registry again and G-Sync works, and no micro-stutter! I believe this is a bug, but either way, the value IS created by the game AND the value DOES disable G-Sync and cause micro-stutter on my end.

If this is not supposed to be how it is, I would be happy to send you any info which may help you in squashing this bug.
    Here is the code:
    bool fullscreen = PlayerPrefs.HasKey ("Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode") ? PlayerPrefs.GetInt ("Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode") != 0 : false;

That means with no key fullscreen is false. If you set Fullscreen off the key would be 0 and fullscreen is off. Same difference.

What is weird is on game start we only call SetResolution if the width or height don't match the current Unity width and height, but we never compare the fullscreen value, which means if your res is the same, fullscreen is left to the Unity default, not what you set it to. I am adding a compare for fullscreen and logging of the values before and after.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SurvivalUK View Post
    Possibly a setting best change to on or off then in the options and default on value of low in a future build?

Even dropping down to 720p when using high reflection quality the frametime variance is jarring.
    It is up to the player to determine what works for them. We can't guess the best settings for you. We could try, but it would probably be wrong. Reflections render at their own lower resolution, so setting the game to 720p does not change the work reflections have to do.

I run at reflections high and either I'm not getting microstutter or it does not bother me.