Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1501

Thread: The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Nice to read.

So please understand me right when i ask again if there is a "Variable" that allow to change the lootabundance with a Buff or xml edit(per player).
    The issue you solved allready and i am really happy,
    but if there is a positive answer maybe its possible to realize something (a buff?) that change the lootabundance dependent on the playeractions. I would see there a few nice possibilitys. (Player that clean a poi (killcount of the last minutes ?) get more loot)
    If not, as i said, its fine too.

(Its allways hard to say if silence mean no one read it or no one has a (positive) answer)
    It is fine asking again, since we don't read everything.

Nothing that I know of changes it except the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirion View Post
    Preach it man. This right here is the main problem with the current system as it is IMHO.

In A16, it was a non issue. If you wanted to get better at mining? Just mine. Now, you have to get mining 69er, and the only way to get that is to spend points on strength, and points are at a premium. Mining is almost the most important thing you need to do in this game, making mining 69er NOT OPTIONAL, but MANDATORY, thus pointing points in STR is literally required. Well between that and INT which is also mandatory to function in this game (especially single player) you're left with no HP, armor resistance, or ranged weapon damage, nor stealth. However, you're at a high gamestage, which leaves you facing green zombies with little to no points in HP, damage resistance, stealth, or ranged weapon damage.

I suppose the consolation prize is that you have melee weapon damage, and can use a sledgehammer. HOWEVER, again - you have no points in stealth, so you maybe will get one or two kills before you wake everybody up. And good luck against high end zombies with no HP especially on hard difficulties. Green Cops can do 100+hp damage a hit easily with no armor. And did I mention you have no HP or armor? So, one hit = RIP

I mean let's think about it from another angle.

The max level is 300, right? SO logically, you should start maaaybe getting end-game content in the 200's, right? WRONG. You easily start getting green zombies regularly long before even level 100. At level 100 you only have enough skill points to have about 1/3 of the skills you need.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

We're not debating whether or not you "can" win with this setup (Obviously you can), but this does not change the fact there is an imbalance here. I should not be getting end-game zombies until I'm level 200+. Full stop IMO.
    I generally agree with this statement. This is gazz's area I'll have a speak with him about it. To me we get brown and orange crap way too long as well. I don't think it should be raining purples, but its pretty geared to give you low quality loot all the time.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Put yourself into the shoes of a developer working on fixing lots of bugs or editing xml all day. Also there are meetings to attend, other developers to ask for stuff, coffee to drink, having a chat with the fellow sitting with you in the office or your hubby or cat if you have home office...

And mixed in with all these activities there is also a forum where reading and posting stuff is as high on your priority list as that chat. Most of the time it is just a thought on the back of your mind that you should read the forum to know if any crisis is burning there or just show up since you haven't been posting for a long time. If you are bored or just don't want to do anything else, you might remember to look there. If you have interesting work to do you won't even remember that the forum exists.
    We are here, just getting work done for A17.2 and A18. 17.2 is entering testing phase, since I think all the big bugs are squashed. We've been putting work into reducing our garbage generation from memory allocations, so less stalls from that. Some of those changes will be in 17.2, some in 18.

Quote Originally Posted by iBane View Post
    Doesn't look like there's any update to RWG system. Is that correct or did I miss something in the notes? Not a complaint; just wondering if I can go ahead and keep playing my 17.1 world.
    Should be 17.1 compatible. RWG is getting some massive work done to it, I don't know how long it will take, but our lead artist is working directly with Robert so we'll have the most visually compelling RWG ever in the next version. We can use height maps with it to create mountains, desert bluffs and much more natural looking terrain. On top of that it speeds generation significantly. The frame work for this is done and Robert is working on road/towns so that they will adapt to any height map we give it. Its a top priority so it should make a 17.x patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymantle View Post
    Have to agree with this not sure why were on version 17 of this game and RWG is still broken. All the minor bugs are taking a toll too on my server people are giving up.
    A little optimism would be nice. The reason for all the bugs is that prior to 17 RWG had its own way of generating which caused much more cpu use and often made adding standard features impossible. We changed it so that it generates a height map, biome map, etc so in game (once generated) it is identical to how we run Navezgane. This allowed us to do the quests (how can you do a quest if the town isn't even there and the game doesn't even know?) Anyhow long story short Robert also did all the new attribute/buff/skill code and didn't have enough time to get RWG bug free. So now the game code is *mostly* stable so he's preparing RWG to be gold quality. This might explain some random bow bugs not being fixed.

The list goes on and on, but we want to use splat maps too, another thing impossible with the old RWG so terrain will look 1000x better in A18 and RWG will be able to have it too now that we have a unified way of rendering worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    If the size of the map gets reduced by ~20-25%, that's rather a big deal. It's not like the water starts where the radiation zone started in the past.
    We watched a server that had a lot of players and it sent all their map data and combined it. After a month like 20% of the actual map was uncovered. I'm pretty sure we will support 16k maps again soon enough but my point is people think they need all this space, yet 50 players only uncovered 20% of the actual map after a month of play in a16.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    Someone donate a helium balloon to MM, so trader jen can get a better voice.
    Its on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Yeah I'm feeling the same thing, Jax. Radiation is removed, so that their potential future biome doesn't need to be implemented.
    What on earth are you guys talking about? Radition biome isn't removed. Whatever bits of random gen escaped into 17.2 does not represent what we're working on.

Quote Originally Posted by grrmisfit View Post
    got it wrong RWG is to PC as updates are to console. it hasnt improved since 17.. oh we made tweaks to reduce mem.. but it cost you more land that you already couldnt spare..

Modding should improve a game, not have to fix it..
    Tell that to Bethesda. That said modding an early access game is like leaving your new shoes by 10 puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    If you increase the difficulty in the game you still get the same xp reward bonus and loot drop chances, right? I would love to see it changed that you get rewarded for going up in difficulty.
    You can do that manually by increasing xp and the difficulty slider.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Cool idea. Maybe TFP will listen and do random blood moons someday...
    Got it. We just implemented this, and I went back in time and implemented it to the 17.2 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard69 View Post
    I agree about red tea, good stuff. When I said "not thrive on food from dukes" I meant more along the lines of buy all the food and still easily afford other starter stuff he might want. Then continue to live off the machine and easily buy everything else he wants or needs which was where we were at before 17.2. I think we are on the same page.

The balance is better at least as far as I can tell, so far. Starting out, and perking for trading I was able to afford some decent stuff starter stuff, but had to work for it a bit and spend points which I see as pretty good balance wise.
    I never bought better barter perks and I'm able to still earn plenty of dukes and buy most things I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Sure, it is allready nerfed into the ground,
    (and does that look like i encumber)

The change was painfull enough and we can discuss if it was too strong (what is not what i say)
    Reducing the Perk again would be equal to remove the Traders completely.
    (I allready consider if i would again start a vanilla game as trader class)

Thats why i ask only for a small (startgame aimed) moneymaker for people that start on a countryish map
    Its called lumberjack. 1000 rock sells for quite a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by fishjie View Post
    If they nerfed the trader, i really hoped they nerfed the green zombies showing up in a few days and infesting every POI. on my next playthrough i was going to skip intelligence because i can't afford not to put points into a tank meelee build to fight greens, but if i can't buy gear from trader, and i can't craft my own stuff, and most of the loot boxes have garbage even with 3 points in lucky looter......
    There was indeed a bug that was fixed causing radiated to spawn too heavily too soon.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricowan View Post
    What are you talking about??? 17.2 hasn't been released yet, it's an experimental version still, one you have to opt in on to even see... Not only is it still cooking, you're burning your mouth by tasting it. I have no doubt there will be updates to this branch before 17.2 is released.
    Yep. We call it experimental for a reason. Testers caught a nasty bug with non 100% xp multiplier being incorrectly applied (recursive), so I'm finishing up the fixes for that.