Page 1001 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199910001001100210031011105111011501 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 22748

Thread: Developer Diary

Quote Originally Posted by hawke1325 View Post
    I've seen some people wanting to be able to scrap the skill books/schematics down into paper to give them a use after they've learned the skills already.
    Ah yes, I wanted to add that in, thanks.

Will this fix help servers with fps too?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Ah yes, I wanted to add that in, thanks.
    Bhí sé rud ar bith (it was nothing).

About the storage crates, they don't break down into an unlocked version of themselves currently. They are un-raidable as everything inside is lost when destroyed

Ranger
    Can we scrap skill books to paper please?

Edit: feh, that will teach me not to hit refresh on an old tab before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerblade01 View Post
    OK, so I ran another test with spawning at 100% (medium) and proceeded to raise the heat map to 98.6%, and actually had the heat map reset multiple times due to causing spider zeds to spawn multiple times. All times, I let myself be seen so that the spiders would summon a horde. I left the chunk I was in, went about 20 chunks away, found a POI, killed some zeds, came back. The entire time I was gone, I had a campfire and forge going.

The result? Inconclusive. My framerate once again, though fluctuating at times, always seemed to return to 60fps, which is my normal average.

At this point, what I need are suggestions to try. Everyone here, including myself, has experienced framerate dips, even to the point of having only half their normal speed or less. So what causes it, and how can it be reproduced? Has anyone gotten to the point where the framerate simply won't recover? Is it a matter of location? According to madmole, there's an issue where once you experience severe framerate drop, it won't recover - not even by leaving the biome or chunk that you're in. Whatever is causing that, I can't seem to find the magic formula to reproduce it. But I'm still trying.
    What is your monitors Mhz rate set at are you 30, 60, 120?
    This could play a role in why some people are recovering frame rates when others can't and Vsync also plays a role in this if you can add this info in to would help them out.

My self I run a JVC 46inch HDTV which has Vsync off and set to 60htz which is why I normally want hit above 60 FPS.

If I'm not mistaken after some time any zombie on a chunk your not in despawns which would of made it so less stress so you should recover if alot of zombies dropped your frame rate.

Do you use Afterburner if not you should and have it monitor your gpu to see if when zombies and lot's of structures are in the scene if the gpu is clocking down like in my video.
    Last edited by Arkonik; 12-28-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Colony Founder
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]I've also tweaked a bunch of craft timers I thought were way too slow. You can scrap anything cloth now. Coming soon will be leather scrapping. Is there anything else we need to scrap?
    What about furniture from homes? I realize it could become overpowered if you could scrap cloth furniture to get a lot of Cloth Fragments, but even just 1 Cloth Fragment per minor couch item and 2 per major one, would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a health storage crate today, that should cover all the basic storage needs I'd think. We added cobblestone ramps.
    I'd still like a greater variety of storage options. Currently there are only 7, the Storage Chest, and 6 graphical crates. I'd like to see 12 or more graphical crates in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter34 View Post
    What about furniture from homes? I realize it could become overpowered if you could scrap cloth furniture to get a lot of Cloth Fragments, but even just 1 Cloth Fragment per minor couch item and 2 per major one, would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd still like a greater variety of storage options. Currently there are only 7, the Storage Chest, and 6 graphical crates. I'd like to see 12 or more graphical crates in total.
    You can already scrap the drapes to get a decent amount of cloth scraps. Furnature should break down into wood and/or metal. How about some sort of plain chest for all the miscellaneous items that are collected.

Reconstructionist HPStrangelove's Avatar
    Attachment 6434

I've also tweaked a bunch of craft timers I thought were way too slow. You can scrap anything cloth now. Coming soon will be leather scrapping. Is there anything else we need to scrap?

We're mostly taking time off though.
    Extra skill books should be scraped to paper stacks.

Edit: whoops, just saw the response. My bad.

Tracker
    Attachment 6434

I've also tweaked a bunch of craft timers I thought were way too slow. You can scrap anything cloth now. Coming soon will be leather scrapping. Is there anything else we need to scrap?
    It'd be nice if you could scrap wooden stocks and pumps into sticks. Nice way to make some arrows on the fly. Candy tins into scrap iron (since mines, as cool as they look, aren't all that effective). Flashlights into scrap something would be good too... lead maybe? Perhaps "DestroyedStone" into gravel or cobblestone? Glass panes into sand would be nice too but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Brass can be hard to get. What if you could break old beds down in stages. You get cloth from the mattress, then brass from the empty frame?
    Last edited by oleoay; 12-28-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Tracker
    What annoys me the most is that if you get spotted by 1 zombie in a city , shortly after 1000000 zombies come after you

Survivor
    Yes, the beaker.

Happy hollidays!

Tracker
    Attachment 6434I appreciate the work you guys are doing trying to pinpoint the stuttering framerate problems.

We do have a patch coming, its a non game breaking code only 1 liner fix that gives about a 20% increase from my tests using it.

I made a health storage crate today, that should cover all the basic storage needs I'd think. We added cobblestone ramps.

Chris is moving all the settings to in game, so you can adjust stuff in game, I think everyone will enjoy this.

Regarding the fps problem , i noticed multiple times that i get random lag spikes around midnight and 1 to 4 a.m while walking on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Philips View Post
    What annoys me the most is that if you get spotted by 1 zombie in a city , shortly after 1000000 zombies come after you
    This just builds character and good moral fiber.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Ok. So anything news for us 7D2D fans or is everyone just talking?
    It holidays. News coming in January. Even Fun Pimp has to relax a little bit

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 6434I appreciate the work you guys are doing trying to pinpoint the stuttering framerate problems.

We do have a patch coming, its a non game breaking code only 1 liner fix that gives about a 20% increase from my tests using it.

Chris is moving all the settings to in game, so you can adjust stuff in game, I think everyone will enjoy this.

LOL I guess no relax for Madmole