Page 1001 of 1515 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199910001001100210031011105111011501 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 22717

Thread: Developer Diary

Tracker
    Right now you can't destroy couches for cloth, they just drop themselves.

It's funny how things have changed. In Alpha 9.2, it was "The Hunt for a Chainsaw/Auger/Sniper/SMG". Now, it's "The Hunt for Brass"

Ironically on our server, we mainly use crossbows and sniper rifles since many of the guns burn through ammo without being very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by oleoay View Post
    Right now you can't destroy couches for cloth, they just drop themselves.

It's funny how things have changed. In Alpha 9.2, it was "The Hunt for a Chainsaw/Auger/Sniper/SMG". Now, it's "The Hunt for Brass"

Ironically on our server, we mainly use crossbows and sniper rifles since many of the guns burn through ammo without being very effective.
    The orange ones drop cloth, wood and metal. Seems the black ones need that code added to them, except leather instead of cloth.

Went back as far as I could go on steam to alpha 8.3 and it has the same issue with gpu dropping with zombies on the map so as far as I know right now this issue has been here a long time now.

Could hay bales be deconstructed back into grass MadMole?

Refugee
    with the addition of the cobblestone ramp are there any plans to add inner and outer corner to cobblestone and reinforced concrete

sucks to have to use either wood or scrap metal version of those block both in term of how resistant they are and in term of how the don't fit esthetically.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Ummm... without specifics I can't justify making a crate with a graphic on it that says "Peter's misc stuff01, 02 etc. I'm up for solid ideas but I think I've already covered things pretty well. We might make the brown footlocker looking things namable at some point so people who really want micro-detail storage can have it.
    Well, I might well be one of those micro-management types, but I too would like some more crates. Currently there are:
    • Ammo
    • Building
    • Explosives
    • Food
    • Weapons

Some ideas for extra ones that [I think] would be good would be:
    • Drink
    • Wood
    • Metal
    • Stone

Partly because I always end up with so many building materials that being able to sub-categorize them is very useful.

Drink
    Wood
    Metal
    Stone
    I always end up with so many building materials that being able to sub-categorize them is very useful.
    Agree with all that ^

Quote Originally Posted by Ezed View Post
    Could hay bales be deconstructed back into grass MadMole?
    Yes but this could be done with a simple recipe too, easier than making it scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkonik View Post
    Went back as far as I could go on steam to alpha 8.3 and it has the same issue with gpu dropping with zombies on the map so as far as I know right now this issue has been here a long time now.
    I think we're talking about two different things. Of course the game has periodic lag and framerate dips. All games do. We're pretty ambitious with 60 zombies, animals and players all in an open dynamic world, so the dips are probably worse than traditional games because they control the framerate with a static world, predesigned. Player built worlds add a lot ways for players to slow the game down.

What I'm after is a way to reproduce the huge drop that is unrecoverable without restarting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashedwookie View Post
    with the addition of the cobblestone ramp are there any plans to add inner and outer corner to cobblestone and reinforced concrete

sucks to have to use either wood or scrap metal version of those block both in term of how resistant they are and in term of how the don't fit esthetically.
    What would these be useful for? They are pretty much exclusive to roofing unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsythief View Post
    Well, I might well be one of those micro-management types, but I too would like some more crates. Currently there are:
    • Ammo
    • Building
    • Explosives
    • Food
    • Weapons

Some ideas for extra ones that [I think] would be good would be:
    • Drink
    • Wood
    • Metal
    • Stone

Partly because I always end up with so many building materials that being able to sub-categorize them is very useful.
    Currently I can fit all known food, medicine and drinks into the one food container, so to me it doesn't make sense to make a drink container. You can craft a fridge to put your drinks in.

I think the stuff your asking for fits into the make a label for your wooden storage chest category, or signs category where you can make a sign and hang it behind a chest.

Hunter
    Currently I can fit all known food, medicine and drinks into the one food container, so to me it doesn't make sense to make a drink container. You can craft a fridge to put your drinks in.
    For me it is not so much about the variety of items, but the quantity. By the time I've horded 10 stacks of "all known food, medicine and drinks" they certainly no longer fit into one container and need several, so I put them into specific containers for each type.

And I've got to horde, because there might be, y'know, a Zombie Apocalypse or something

I think the stuff your asking for fits into the make a label for your wooden storage chest category, or signs category where you can make a sign and hang it behind a chest.
    That works too
    Last edited by gypsythief; 12-28-2014 at 10:31 PM.

What would these be useful for? They are pretty much exclusive to roofing unless I'm missing something.

Like someone else said, the mats stack up on a longer game. If you are working towards building something in particular, it can help... I have been wanting a medicine crate for a while (yay) but yeah, it'd be kinda nice to have crates for the rest... signs would work though; but we love the images on the crates :P

As far as the drinks one, I'd agree it'd be nice just because of coffees & goldenrod tea.. waters I normally use a reg storage container above the fridge.

edit: Yes, labels for 'on' the crates would be great.. signs next to the crates take up space and if you stack your crates can be a bit cumbersome.

I think we're talking about two different things. Of course the game has periodic lag and framerate dips. All games do. We're pretty ambitious with 60 zombies, animals and players all in an open dynamic world, so the dips are probably worse than traditional games because they control the framerate with a static world, predesigned. Player built worlds add a lot ways for players to slow the game down.

9.6 i just tested was on a predesigned nav map cause random gen was not in that build. this was a fresh map not altered. The problem is I can do other games that are altered by players voxel world and I don't have my gpu drop like this and I can also over clock on these games. 2 off my head I did yesterday was EQ LandMark and Space Engineers both stay at 1228 mhz on my core and when I over clock it over clocks.

In 7 days when I'm at a 1228 wooded treed area with no zombies I can over clock and it does nothing it stays and remains at 1228.
    A few mins ago After restoring the 10.3 build from the 8.6 build I went back in and started getting 1084 down to 888 mhz on my core in wooded areas. I tested my gpu on other titles just to make sure it wasn't my card and it is not my VC. Your game is not
    recognizing the gpu under loads and when it needs power it's telling the gpu to do the opposite.

As of now until your game is fixed from telling my gpu to do the opposite under loads I can not run this game to stop further harm to my VC and my system. Hope you get this fixed Cause I really do love this game.

hey madmole what about my idea of wallets on corpses? the wallet crafts down to leather strips and the cash and coins could be used for making shotgun shells or anything else. i just love the idea of shoving tons of cash in to a forge to burn. lol i think this would add to the atmosphere of the game. it make sense to me that most zombies and corpses would have some form of cash on them, most people have a few bucks on them right now. lol

thanks for your consideration.

i love the vegetable stew thank you for putting that in glad i asked you about it. to bad it was not named after me. Xephorce stew sounds cool to me. well maybe not. lol

I dont know if its possible to make storage containers for every item possible ingame. Would be like the storage containers with the item inside a row of planks, bt you could place every item ingame in the middle and your crate would have that item sign on it.
    Dont know how much work that would be or if this could be solved quite easily just displaying the graphic on the crate.

PS: Yeah first post, hello all other 7D2D-players

Just like in every zombie movie. Honestly I've been modeling zombies to behave like RL dogs. If you have several dogs if one hears something and starts barking they all join in. If they try to dig out of your fence they pick the weak spot and go for it. If one learns something the others soon learn it. To me it seems to work well.
    Nice !!

Am I one of the few that actually harvests/makes, Fridges, Cupboards, Lockers, Filing Cabinets, Coolers, Desk's and so on to meet my Organization and Micro-managing needs?

2cent wish: Can We in the future get a Medicine cabinet that doesn't have a busted mirror along with being able to craft it?

Zombie Hunter
    One way to visually distinguish storage areas is to put the named crates in the floor/walls near other storage containers. The crates themselves then serve as signs. Further specification can be achieved by placing other crates (or any block, if you're into color codes) adjacent to the crates. For example, you might indicate canned-food storage by placing an explosives crate next to a food crate.

I would like to see named crates for "Materials" and "Miscellaneous". This would make 7 specific named crates (including the up and coming medicine crate, thx MM!) plus one catch-all for a total of 8. Also, I would omit "Peter" from the miscellaneous crate's name.

The 'materials crate' symbol could look like the wood plank icon was stenciled onto the box with spray paint. The 'miscellaneous crate' could look the same, but with the scrap brass icon instead of the wood plank icon.