Thread: White river supplies 7 days to die bug

Refugee

White river supplies 7 days to die bug

Had to pick up a second one to complete quest other one is stuck in inv no way to delete it done it twice now so i have 2 stuck in my inv..

Scavenger
    i had it happen to me too. i think it was because the quest wasnt my active quest when i first dug it up. they get used up when you do more buried supply quests, at least for me. the supply box dug up on the next quest didnt have the white river supply in it and the trader took one of the extras instead.

I just created this account so I could share what I found out about this issue.

I had this exact same bug happen to me too. After looking around everywhere and not finding much help, I think I finally found a solution to the problem on my own. Based on my testing, it seems to me that this is the only way I can figure out to do it. If you die, the supplies persist in your inventory; you can't drop them, even with god mode / the creative menu; there doesn't seem to be a console command for removing items from your inventory or resetting your inventory. It's really frustrating. But here's what I've found:

I'm playing on Alpha 17 (b240).
    1. Make sure that "Cheat Mode" is on under the advanced tab of server / game config before you load the world.
    2. Once you're in your world, make sure to remove everything from your inventory (except the supplies, obviously) and store it in a chest or something.
    3. Make sure you have admin privileges (I do in my world because I created it; I honestly don't know how much more complicated it might be if you're playing on someone else's server).
    - Edit: It looks like if you aren't the administrator of your server, if you can get the server admin to add you as another admin using the "admin add <player name>" command, I think that might help get around this issue.
    4. Open the creative menu (for me it's the "u" key, which I think is also the default). You should be able to see your inventory on the right as well as a window full of items you can spawn on the left side.
    5. In the bar just above your inventory slots there's a trash can icon which says "Clear Inventory" if you hover over it. Click it.

20190105224445_1.jpg

That should fix it for you! I don't think I did anything else of special note, but I did try a lot of other things before finding this solution, so it's possible that something I messed around with enabled this feature by accident. So - if this method doesn't work for you, let me know and hopefully we can figure out what's really going on and sort this out.
    Last edited by Misteur E; 01-06-2019 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Adding additional information about accessing admin options.

Thank you- the solution worked.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Misteur E View Post
    I just created this account so I could share what I found out about this issue.

I had this exact same bug happen to me too. After looking around everywhere and not finding much help, I think I finally found a solution to the problem on my own. Based on my testing, it seems to me that this is the only way I can figure out to do it. If you die, the supplies persist in your inventory; you can't drop them, even with god mode / the creative menu; there doesn't seem to be a console command for removing items from your inventory or resetting your inventory. It's really frustrating. But here's what I've found:

I'm playing on Alpha 17 (b240).
    1. Make sure that "Cheat Mode" is on under the advanced tab of server / game config before you load the world.
    2. Once you're in your world, make sure to remove everything from your inventory (except the supplies, obviously) and store it in a chest or something.
    3. Make sure you have admin privileges (I do in my world because I created it; I honestly don't know how much more complicated it might be if you're playing on someone else's server).
    - Edit: It looks like if you aren't the administrator of your server, if you can get the server admin to add you as another admin using the "admin add <player name>" command, I think that might help get around this issue.
    4. Open the creative menu (for me it's the "u" key, which I think is also the default). You should be able to see your inventory on the right as well as a window full of items you can spawn on the left side.
    5. In the bar just above your inventory slots there's a trash can icon which says "Clear Inventory" if you hover over it. Click it.

20190105224445_1.jpg

That should fix it for you! I don't think I did anything else of special note, but I did try a lot of other things before finding this solution, so it's possible that something I messed around with enabled this feature by accident. So - if this method doesn't work for you, let me know and hopefully we can figure out what's really going on and sort this out.
    Oh man you just saved my day! Thank you and I think many other should see this as well... it shold be pinned or something by the forum moderator until this bug is fixed.

i have made notes on several other posts about the same issue. this has already been reported.

thanks