PDA

View Full Version : [PREFAB] Cluett House

Last-I
05-17-2014, 02:52 PM
[PREFAB] Cluett House

I present my first prefab.... just a boring house, well... I hope not :)

This large house is loosely based on an actual house, hence the name. Basically it just served as a template, as the floor-plans are modified quite a bit, a lot actually, plus added a garage and yards.
Features lots of rooms, a sauna, a snooker room -or Pool 8ball if you wish- (at least an attempt at it), a pool, and a bbq area with Party tent so that you can entertain your friends in style, assuming of course that you actually want to live here.
The previous owner started preparing a small bunker on the property grounds (it is hidden but you don't need to destroy anything to get to it.) Nothing grand, so just this version, for now at least.
There are two other hidden things, again no need to trash anything, one is just a single safe, the other is a little more substantial.

It is just about done, still have some tweaking to do and add a couple small features, like a balcony.
All indoor lights should be off, only three of the porch-lights are on.

Build Alpha 8.1

===

Download here (https://mega.co.nz/#!YVQQTRja!Dn3P0WryTjo7jh0A5SbwNvJ7mLQRXxKVllBjjsG g7XA)

Extract/copy/move the .tts file to your prefabs dir
...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs

Add the line below to your prefabs.xml
<decoration type="model" name="last-i_cluett_house" position="-762, 72, 1269" rotation="0" />
If you want to keep the Slow sign in front of the house, put the above line above the default prefabs, otherwise put it below them.

Add these lines to your entityspawners.xml file for additional local freaks
<entityspawner class="SpawnMedium" pos="-730, 76, 1240" size="35, 7, 15" trigger="90"/>
<entityspawner class="SpawnLarge" pos="-740, 76, 1345" size="23, 11, 31" trigger="90"/>

both .xml files can be found here:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\Navezgane

Current location is opposite the school, as seen in the screenshots below.
Navezgane region r.-2.2
Either start a new game or delete said region file in your save Region dir.

The current location is just a location, feel free to move wherever but remember to lower the depth axis by 4 due to the basement.... it does look rather odd if you don't.
As far as I know the current location does not clash with any other community prefab.

===

Finally, many thanks to HAL9000 for his great editor and also to all prefabs makers sharing your stuff.
Cheers

Last-I
05-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Two more shots

Brendyrose
05-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Oh man this pretty nice. No offense to TFP but...this a like a really really really good house compared to the houses in game XD

Laz Man
05-17-2014, 03:35 PM
How much does it cost to move in? :)
Great first build!

Last-I
05-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys, guess this would fetch a pretty sum anywhere, but hey the previous owner was last seen chewing an arm, so move in by all means.

Wsiegel
05-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Nice Job.. I like how you did the garage and the patio. Hope to see more. :)

limodor
05-18-2014, 04:30 PM
looks really nice!

Last-I
05-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Updated.

New link, sorry, either made a mistake when syncing or it isn't possible to keep the same link with mega.
Download here (https://mega.co.nz/#!pdpwWQBC!CPdpSRNLsgvOfH90aRuMxhEsZRYmw0-No8kTAFUbvx0)

Done some home improvements.... finishing touches plus couple features added, with some minor rebuilding indoors.

For those interested:
- added a balcony
- added decals, two street-lights and a street-bench
- fixed/added windows patio-side, more symmetrical now, this led to some rebuilding with the rooms on that side
- added small windows to rear loft and rear staircase
- added outdoor stairs for access to the 'trench'
- added fire escape ladder
- replaced the 'water feature' patio-side with a couple trees/some plants plus added couple benches
- pool is more 'poolish'
- misc bits and pieces such as some flooring and ceilings changed; smaller chimney
- misc fixes/inconsistencies, such as no more floating faucets and wrong blocks
- misc repositioned/added decoration/furniture

This puppy is now 99% happy, a new project awaits.
Cheers.

Wsiegel
05-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Nice additions. Thanks for the update. :)

Tohuwabohu
06-07-2014, 02:03 PM
The download for the prefab is not working any more.
Can someone upload it again, please?

Last-I
06-07-2014, 05:47 PM
The link in the first post doesn't work anymore and we can't edit our posts after some time, the new link two posts up seems to work fine.
Here it is again .... Download here (https://mega.co.nz/#!pdpwWQBC!CPdpSRNLsgvOfH90aRuMxhEsZRYmw0-No8kTAFUbvx0)

Stahe
11-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Broken after update. Will there be an updated version of this build?

Last-I
11-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Yes I will be updating this in the coming days, plus adding some of those 'new' bookcases and removing a ton of Nightstands; actually looted it while playing and there are too many of them imo. There are also a couple of other minor changes I would like to do.
Once that is done I will be doing a damaged/partially destroyed version so that it will fit in better with the destroyed/damaged zones.
If you have any suggestions to make it 'even better' feel free to post or pm me.

Cheers.

Stahe
11-25-2014, 06:26 PM
I'd love just the normal version of this house. I have a huge base, and people that are in it have different houses to live in. I'm wanting to use your house for my character on my map if you don't mind. That is once it's updated.

Ekk0
11-25-2014, 06:31 PM
I'd love just the normal version of this house. I have a huge base, and people that are in it have different houses to live in. I'm wanting to use your house for my character on my map if you don't mind. That is once it's updated.

Unedited conversion from 9.3 to 10. Download (https://www.dropbox.com/s/58zzwo7lasfbjkn/LastIHouse.rar?dl=0)

Stahe
11-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Unedited conversion from 9.3 to 10. Download (https://www.dropbox.com/s/58zzwo7lasfbjkn/LastIHouse.rar?dl=0)

What is the info for it? That way I can edit it in the prefab xml. Do I just copy and paste the xml file you included?

Stahe
11-25-2014, 06:50 PM
It's just copy and pasting the xml file you added, correct? Is it at th end of the file, or somewhere specific? Not sure, but I think my previous reply disappeared.

Ekk0
11-25-2014, 07:10 PM
It's just copy and pasting the xml file you added, correct? Is it at th end of the file, or somewhere specific? Not sure, but I think my previous reply disappeared.

Same as always. The included xml is just to set some properties. Place it in the same folder as the .tts file.

This should help.

Add the line below to your prefabs.xml
<decoration type="model" name="LastI_House" position="-762, 72, 1269" rotation="0" />
If you want to keep the Slow sign in front of the house, put the above line above the default prefabs, otherwise put it below them.

Add these lines to your entityspawners.xml file for additional local freaks
<entityspawner class="SpawnMedium" pos="-730, 76, 1240" size="35, 7, 15" trigger="90"/>
<entityspawner class="SpawnLarge" pos="-740, 76, 1345" size="23, 11, 31" trigger="90"/>

both .xml files can be found here:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\Navezgane

Current location is opposite the school, as seen in the screenshots below.
Navezgane region r.-2.2
Either start a new game or delete said region file in your save Region dir.

Last-I
11-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Thanks Ekk0, I'll be using your conversion. My first conversion attempt turned out to be a complete mess for some reason. I did a quick ingame run-around yours and there are some issues but easily fixed; most notably the inverted ramps above stairs are now full blocks blocking the stair use at least at one point. Very workable, thanks again.

Stahe, the standard version I'll be doing first and I'm not particularly fast with these things so will be a couple days, the new damaged one is for later. But glad you like it, and feel free to use however which way you want to. ;)

Stahe
11-25-2014, 09:10 PM

Just copy and paste that xml code?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh sorry guys, this site isn't updating my comments correctly. Keeps making me think it's not sending when they actually were... embarassing lol

Stahe
11-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Idk why, but this download is just a large pile of dirt with black blocks around it. Should I redownload it? I could be doing something wrong. I used the second download link you gave.

Ekk0
11-26-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure really what's up. I didn't have any problems with it other than some blocks still need changing.

I only put up the one download link I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ekk0, I'll be using your conversion. My first conversion attempt turned out to be a complete mess for some reason. I did a quick ingame run-around yours and there are some issues but easily fixed; most notably the inverted ramps above stairs are now full blocks blocking the stair use at least at one point. Very workable, thanks again.

Stahe, the standard version I'll be doing first and I'm not particularly fast with these things so will be a couple days, the new damaged one is for later. But glad you like it, and feel free to use however which way you want to. ;)

Yeah man no problem. Had to have it converted for NPEP, so I had it in my folder. Figured I might as well post it.

Stahe
11-27-2014, 01:22 AM
I mean in your download, the xml file in it, do I copy and paste that whole thing? I'm not computer savvy, so I need things broken down a little for me to understand it. When I do copy and paste everything in the xml file, it either deletes every building in the game, or it won't change the old version of the house. How do you add pictures? It might make more sense if I can paste pictures in here

OzHawkeye
11-27-2014, 02:12 AM
I'm always impressed by the design skills and attention to detail involved in many of the player made pre-fabs and this one is no different. I will be adding it to my server, and well done OP.

OzHawkeye
11-27-2014, 02:18 AM
I mean in your download, the xml file in it, do I copy and paste that whole thing? I'm not computer savvy, so I need things broken down a little for me to understand it. When I do copy and paste everything in the xml file, it either deletes every building in the game, or it won't change the old version of the house. How do you add pictures? It might make more sense if I can paste pictures in here

See this link for the info you're after:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10118-How-to-Add-or-Move-a-Prefab

Stahe
11-27-2014, 02:29 AM
Everything works fine, but once I put in the xml file from Ekkos conversion into the actual xml file, it takes all structures out of the game. No idea what I'm doing wrong.

Stahe
11-27-2014, 02:36 AM
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<prefab><property value="True" name="CopyAirBlocks"/><property value="False" name="AllowTopSoilDecorations"/></prefab>

That's where my problem is at. I'm putting that into the prefab xml, and it's just removing every structure in the building. The info I pasted was the xml file ekko had in the conversion download.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fine, hopefully it will be in another download format. I can't figure out the conversion thing Ekko listed. It's messing up my game somehow. Downloads are much easier to mess with as an inexperienced guy lol

Ekk0
11-27-2014, 10:11 AM
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<prefab><property value="True" name="CopyAirBlocks"/><property value="False" name="AllowTopSoilDecorations"/></prefab>

That's where my problem is at. I'm putting that into the prefab xml, and it's just removing every structure in the building. The info I pasted was the xml file ekko had in the conversion download.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fine, hopefully it will be in another download format. I can't figure out the conversion thing Ekko listed. It's messing up my game somehow. Downloads are much easier to mess with as an inexperienced guy lol

The info from the xml file I provided does not get copied into the prefab xml.

Here's a quick instruction. Place the "LastI_House.tts" and "LastI_House.xml" files you got from me in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs

then place the following code

<decoration type="model" name="LastI_House" position="-762, 72, 1269" rotation="0" />

into your prefab.xml file in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\Navezgane

and everything should work fine.