PDA

View Full Version : Waterfall Defences

Martial-Law
11-02-2013, 07:04 PM
It seems that the player or the Zedz cant destroy items that are covered in water.

Ergo, if you cover your walls with Waterfalls, your base becomes impregnable (climbing zedz aside).

Your wall needs to have a overhang 4 blocks high. You also need a "moat" 1 block deep at the base of the wall.
Use a full bucket and throw water at the overhang. Hey presto you've created a waterfall!

WARNING - Be careful when placing the water because it can be very tricky to rectify!

Also, the waterfalls have a tenancy to trap zedz in mid air!?!? Its almost like MoDeRn ART!!

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r489/DonkeyCannon/Waterfalldefenceonsmalltower_zpse6026c50.jpg (http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/DonkeyCannon/media/Waterfalldefenceonsmalltower_zpse6026c50.jpg.html)

spiceytacos
11-02-2013, 07:12 PM
wow that looks cool

Berkan
11-02-2013, 07:21 PM
That is just ruining the fun for yourself in my opinion.

Stealth
11-02-2013, 08:21 PM
That is just ruining the fun for yourself in my opinion.

Yeah kinda gets boring after a while when there is no real threat.

Martial-Law
11-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah kinda gets boring after a while when there is no real threat.

The game still has a lot of threatening situations Stealth! I still find it exciting!

Isnt the ultimate goal to create an impregnable base though?

Berkan
11-02-2013, 08:39 PM
The game still has a lot of threatening situations Stealth! I still find it exciting!

Hmmm the goal is to survive and have fun.
With this surviving is very easy and it is very boring once you got enough water and food.
Though it would be good on multiplayer.

Stealth
11-02-2013, 09:58 PM

Kind of cheating though isn't it :P since it is 100% indestructible zombies no longer pose a threat to you. Only threats remaining are those bridges and dodgy buildings XD

Berkan
11-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Kind of cheating though isn't it :P since it is 100% indestructible zombies no longer pose a threat to you. Only threats remaining are those bridges and dodgy buildings XD
Its like having infinite HP.

Martial-Law
11-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Cant see how its cheating Stealth! :disillusionment:

I dont spend anytime in a waterfall defence anyways! I just built it! Think the light through the water is well cool! :encouragement:

I put torches all around my base; for as far as i can see... Nighttime is day, Zedz stumble around like its daytime.
I spend all my time outside, even at night. I like to loot the dead zedz.

If using the parameters of the game is cheating, am I cheating by putting spikes and torches around my zone?

Berkan
11-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Cant see how its cheating Stealth! :disillusionment:

I dont spend anytime in a waterfall defence anyways! I just built it! Think the light through the water is well cool! :encouragement:

I put torches all around my base; for as far as i can see... Nighttime is day, Zedz stumble around like its daytime.
I spend all my time outside, even at night. I like to loot the dead zedz.

If using the parameters of the game is cheating, am I cheating by putting spikes and torches around my zone?

No but I think it isn't meant to be played like this so its like a bug.

TheBear
11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I can totally see the 'cheating' sort of aspect however considering how long it can take to build a full waterfall protected building you're gonna have to be leaving it and coming back a fair bit. Not to mention you can't hide out there forever, you'll run out of food soon enough.

XanderDjiff
11-03-2013, 10:38 PM
That looks very nice !

I dont think it is cheating, maybe exploiting a feature, but it is alpha, so at this stage, i think you found one of the finest way to protect your base.
But in future updates, i dont think it will be as safe as it is now^^

By the way, i find this cool, to have some kind of sanctuary on the map, a place where you are REALLY safe. A great shelter to colonize all the map imo.

Oranix
11-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I can totally see the 'cheating' sort of aspect however considering how long it can take to build a full waterfall protected building you're gonna have to be leaving it and coming back a fair bit. Not to mention you can't hide out there forever, you'll run out of food soon enough.

Just make farms...

Anyway, the whole point of the Alpha phase is to exploit the game, and find all the things you can do which you shouldn't be able to do! So kudos to you for finding an exploit which the developers will now fix :D

legionpete
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Agreed. I figured this out early on. I had tried to find clay in the river and found I couldn't get the clay without first stopping the water from flowing around the clay block. So I get rid of the water and take the clay out. Then I did exactly what he did and made a waterfall all around the building. Occasionally the zeds could punch the block above them out but that is rare. You also have to mind the noise. Once they get stuck in there you can't get rid of them till you remove the water or knock the block above their heads out in order to let them swim out.

So, I agree, this issue with the water needs to be fixed. It the same clipping problem that causes a rocket launcher to blow you up when you are too close to a plank that takes up an entire block instead of only clipping to its actual size. Or the reason why you spike yourself cause the grass you are standing on is too close and needs to be cut.

Also, lakes should be deeper than ankle deep.

Korpisoturi
11-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I think that if you can build something in this game without a real cheat, then it's not a cheat. It is just fun to build everything you can and use your creativity. Martial-Law has used he's creativity and it's fine it's not a cheat it's more like a bug. Awesome idea :D

This is only my opinion do NOT whine about it!

legionpete
11-04-2013, 03:19 PM
An exploit is an exploit. Its not cheating at all and it is good that someone found it. That means it can be fixed. Its kind of like digging under the lake because Zeds can't dig through the water and can't find the real entrance into the base. More than likely there will be other exploits or things in the game later that people will figure out in order to keep the zeds at bay. I just hope that they keep getting reported.

obsidienne
11-04-2013, 03:51 PM
since this is alpha it ain't an exploit but an exploitable bug imo

Martial-Law
11-04-2013, 11:21 PM
That looks very nice !

I dont think it is cheating, maybe exploiting a feature, but it is alpha, so at this stage, i think you found one of the finest way to protect your base.
But in future updates, i dont think it will be as safe as it is now^^

By the way, i find this cool, to have some kind of sanctuary on the map, a place where you are REALLY safe. A great shelter to colonize all the map imo.

Why thank you XaderDjiff! :welcoming:

Shane[ABK]
11-05-2013, 01:25 AM
I remember using this bug some months ago on my server for the spawn point, and using dupe bug to fill a heap of chests with items.

Berkan
11-05-2013, 01:29 PM
since this is alpha it ain't an exploit but an exploitable bug imo

Dafuq isn't it the same ?

xiiMaRcLeoN
11-05-2013, 07:02 PM
They should fix this with the water so that you can do damage the blocks under it.

Berkan
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM
They should fix this with the water so that you can do damage the blocks under it.

Yes this is a bug I will sent a staff member a message about this so they can give it to the developers.
Since I don't think the developers meant to make this.

Fox
11-06-2013, 08:30 PM
^TFP already know about this issue and what ppl are doing to abuse that issue among all the other water related issues.

Martial-Law
11-06-2013, 11:31 PM
^TFP already know about this issue and what ppl are doing to abuse that issue among all the other water related issues.
ABUSE seems a strong hard to describe it!

I feel all sullied and unusual now... Like ive done something naughty! :sorrow:

All good tho! lols :nevreness:

Fox
11-07-2013, 12:33 AM
We're all naughty... it's how Earth became so crowded with oopsies... lol

google
11-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Protip: http://imgur.com exists..... that way you dont have to worry about people snooping through your photobucket.

Martial-Law
11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Protip: http://imgur.com exists..... that way you dont have to worry about people snooping through your photobucket.
I only use photobucket for crap i dont care about. thank you for being so concerned...

TOP TIP for Google
Try not to be so NEGATIVE! You've only made a few posts and EVERYONE is verging on Flamming :<