PDA

View Full Version : Bunker Design

sky
11-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Hey survivors,

In the video is a quick tour of my multi level bunker base I have been working on. I think its a fairly innovative design. I used doors to create "blinds" that I can open and close. They protect me from the spitter acid and also allow me to shoot the zombies outside my bunker. Ground level is the interior of the bunker with double layer of reinforced concrete. On the very outside, the concrete is protected by reinforced metal panels. The second floor is the balcony level that allows me to see outside as well as see below me to kill any zombies that are attacking my wall. The third floor is the roof which can be used as a sniper outpost. It has raised blocks to hide behind as well. Underground is actually the rest of my base where i keep supplies.

http://youtu.be/JKwe0KIdMc8

onedelta1
11-24-2013, 03:52 AM
good job and design man clearly its a WIP (refering to your tunnel) but your above ground section is nice i doubt u have many issues with zombies

Stignos
11-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Hey man, it looks fantastic, I really liked the doors used as blinds part, very smart.

You know, you could make the inside of the tunnel look like regular housing or something kinda like walking into a home or something!

sky
11-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes, I don't have much trouble with zombies at all. I could just stand on the balcony and shoot below and kill all the zombies before they can do too much damage. Also, onedelta1, I believe i played on your server a few days ago. You had a large wall around Husker Ave? You also gave me a shotgun with some rounds if I recall.

Stignos: Exactly! That was the plan. I was going to add some more rooms with furniture, kitchen (where i will store the food), etc. I'm hoping in the future they will add more traps. Maybe something like a spinning blade (metal rods, metal plates, engine from car/lawn mower, planks)

I'm glad you liked the design. Feel free to incorporate any aspect of it into your own defense designs.

Winterfellhard
11-24-2013, 04:38 PM
How did you manage to get doors placed like that next to one other? iv tried so many times to even make a double door. and here uv got a line of 10 in a row as window shutters. *facepalm*

sky
11-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Winterfellhard,

I actually had the same problem as you haha. I was stumped on how to get a double door design. Then I finally thought to myself, what if I made the doors parallel to each other. So that's what I tried and it worked. Basically I looked at the requirements of placing a door. All you need to do is have two blocks on both sides and place a door in between. All I did was make two rows using wood planks and then have a blank row in between. Then place the doors down where the blank row is. You can't use this method to make a double door though. I don't believe its possible at all due to its current requirements.

Winterfellhard
11-24-2013, 05:55 PM
but in the video you have like a 14 door ? so why would it not be possible to make that. and just destroy all the extra doors till you have only 2 left?

Im still left completely stumped on how you actually got that built but good for you.

edit:

Just went back and checked out the video again, now i see how you did it, the doors are actually open when they are closed and closed when they are open to you. (you placed them 90 degrees off kilter and then opened the door and it seems closed. Interesting alright ill have to check this out.

sky
11-24-2013, 06:39 PM
but in the video you have like a 14 door ? so why would it not be possible to make that. and just destroy all the extra doors till you have only 2 left?

Im still left completely stumped on how you actually got that built but good for you.

edit:

Just went back and checked out the video again, now i see how you did it, the doors are actually open when they are closed and closed when they are open to you. (you placed them 90 degrees off kilter and then opened the door and it seems closed. Interesting alright ill have to check this out.

Yes, That is exactly it. The reason why it doesn't work is because when you open the blinds, the door is in the closed position. You can't pass in-between two adjacent doors unfortunately.