PDA

View Full Version : My 7 Days to Die Series and some important information.

Glaite
11-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Hey guy's, my name is The Great Swayne, i am a small scale youtuber, and i have taken a big interest into 7 Days to Die. I pledged 60$ to this game as i believed it was totally worth it, and i just love it. So, yes, as you are expecting by the title, i did a "Let's Play" But before i link it, and people begin to feel i am just like everyone else out there looking for a bit of fame, let me tell you about me, and please read it.

I started my youtube a month ago, and the ambitions in my head, are to grow a community to do some good in this world, i am heavily inspired by youtubers such as Markiplier, and Pewdiepie due to their charity efforts, and i want to do my bit for this. I believe that i can make this a reality, but I also need YOUR help. I can get no where, and we can't make a difference to anything, unless we work together.

Now for my videos, i play a variety, ranging from survival games such as 7 Days to Die and ORION: Dino Horde, to horror games such as Outlast and indie titles.

I am also always going to be there to support indies. No matter how small they are, i will support them by playing them, and giving them publicity.

So i will now give the links to my first 2 videos of 7 Days to Die. All i ask is that you check them out, and let me know what you think.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldMzLUPidUQ

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqXt6kav7w8

I personally, cannot wait for this alpha update next week. I will be sure to make videos on it and enjoy it!

Below are some other links about me

My Youtube channel! - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatSwayne

My faceBook page! (Please share this!) - https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatSwayne

My Steam Page! - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019067743

Final.

On youtube, i value every subscriber, and nothing makes me happier than gaining one. I will always listen to WHATEVER you say, and i will take it into account. Now, if you like my youtube, and like what it has to offer, then go ahead and Subscribe, and join my cause, and if you really want to help me, and do a great thing, then share my channel with a friend, or a grandparent, or ever a cat!

Thank you for taking the time from your day to read this, if you did, i really appreciate that, thank you, and i will see YOU in my next video! Thanks again!!!

Berkan
11-02-2013, 10:48 PM
I just quickly went through your videos and I noticed that theres a shhhhh in the background it gets a little bit annoying.
Hmm not sure if its me but I really don't like to watch videos that are 10 minutes and longer so maybe try to cut the boring parts out?
Anyway great videos don't give up it will take some time to get big.

Glaite
11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I just quickly went through your videos and I noticed that theres a shhhhh in the background it gets a little bit annoying.
Hmm not sure if its me but I really don't like to watch videos that are 10 minutes and longer so maybe try to cut the boring parts out?
Anyway great videos don't give up it will take some time to get big.

First of all, thank you for doing that, it means allot to me.
So The back ground noise should be solved soon, as i am going to get one of those little foam filters to put over my microphone to reduce noise, (Headset microphone being used is the RAZER MEGALODON) but soon enough i will be investing in a Blue Yeti microphone so it should be gone completely!
As for the second part, I have been looking into doing this sort of thing, i can't so much do it when there is a horror game being recorded (As every moment of those counts to me) but for the 7 days to die, and other series's, i will most certainly try that out!

Thank you Berkan!

Martial-Law
11-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Nice work The Great Swayne! :>

Glaite
11-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Nice work The Great Swayne! :>

Thank you very much Martial Law!

Berkan
11-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Btw would you maybe like to do a video together?
I always was interested in making videos but yea I never got to it.

Glaite
11-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Btw would you maybe like to do a video together?
I always was interested in making videos but yea I never got to it.

I am open to colaberations, so long as we have the same game.

Furthermore, the time zone i live in is UK GMT (So 00:03 right now )

Berkan
11-03-2013, 12:07 AM
I am open to colaberations, so long as we have the same game.

Furthermore, the time zone i live in is UK GMT (So 00:03 right now )

I live in the netherlands so there is almost no diffrence Ill pm you on the forums when I have time so we can plan.
Looking forward to it:triumphant:

Scroowd
11-03-2013, 06:10 PM
haha love the part where you run in the dark to the other houses

are you gonna make a serie when alpha 2 comes out?

Glaite
11-03-2013, 06:29 PM
haha love the part where you run in the dark to the other houses

are you gonna make a serie when alpha 2 comes out?

Yes, i have plans for quite a long series! I will keep making videos on this every 3-5 days!

Berkan
11-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Yes, i have plans for quite a long series! I will keep making videos on this every 3-5 days!

With what are you recording btw?
And uou should ask someone to make a intro for you.

Scroowd
11-03-2013, 06:42 PM

ah sweet, looking forward to that

will sub right away when you start uploading them! :)

Glaite
11-03-2013, 08:43 PM
ah sweet, looking forward to that

will sub right away when you start uploading them! :)

Haha, thank you very much!

And @berkan, i use fraps to record, but when i get a new PC (Christmas time) i play to start using Nevidia Shadowplay.

As for editing and rendering, for my normal videos, i use Camtasia. But for special projects, like my Play with Devs and Outlast Reaction Compilation, i use Sony vegas and Adobe after effects.

As for an intro, i don'y really want one, as prefer to do the intro each time myself, until i am happy with a way i want to start my videos, it gives it a fresher feeling and allows people to be put right into my videos rather than to wait ^.^

P.S thanks for this feedback so far guys, I really appreciate it!

Fox
11-03-2013, 08:47 PM
One thing you should keep in mind is that ppl are watching your videos... so flipping the camera all over the place quickly is a bit hard to follow and a little annoying too... but I haven't watched all of your videos yet so I can't really say much yet...

Glaite
11-03-2013, 08:55 PM
One thing you should keep in mind is that ppl are watching your videos... so flipping the camera all over the place quickly is a bit hard to follow and a little annoying too... but I haven't watched all of your videos yet so I can't really say much yet...

Camera as in game footage? Or Facecam?

Fox
11-03-2013, 09:07 PM
??? I mean like the first minute of video footage on your first video... you were flipping the in-game camera all over the place... from what I can see, you're not too hyper with the camera, but it's just something to always think about when playing is all.

Glaite
11-03-2013, 09:32 PM
??? I mean like the first minute of video footage on your first video... you were flipping the in-game camera all over the place... from what I can see, you're not too hyper with the camera, but it's just something to always think about when playing is all.

Ahh sorry, i get you, yeah, no problem, i will keep it in mind in future, i can be quite excitable when doing videos and performing in general, and i try to stop myself to calm down, but thanks for the reminder, and i will work on it!

Thanks again!

DarkReaper
11-03-2013, 11:53 PM
So I have skimmed through your two lets plays with 7DTD and they aren't bad.

You deffinatly need to make them shorter.
One idea to make them shorter would be if you want to keep all the footage to kinda show ya i didnt cheat
or anything sorta thing, then you can split the footage in chunks and just speed the play speed up by like x16 or
something like that. I have recorded videos and what not aswell and thats what i did so. (mind you i dont have subs, or any likes rly :/ )

You need a new mic aswell :P but it could be worse.

as for everything else, it seems alright to me so

cheers

*Edit*
Also never recorded voices with my recordings cause they were horror games, did more of walkthrough i guess but stopped when i wasnt getting views so

Scroowd
11-04-2013, 12:28 AM
So I have skimmed through your two lets plays with 7DTD and they aren't bad.

You deffinatly need to make them shorter.
One idea to make them shorter would be if you want to keep all the footage to kinda show ya i didnt cheat
or anything sorta thing, then you can split the footage in chunks and just speed the play speed up by like x16 or
something like that. I have recorded videos and what not aswell and thats what i did so. (mind you i dont have subs, or any likes rly :/ )

You need a new mic aswell :P but it could be worse.

as for everything else, it seems alright to me so

cheers

*Edit*
Also never recorded voices with my recordings cause they were horror games, did more of walkthrough i guess but stopped when i wasnt getting views so

perhaps you didn't get a lot of views because you speed things up? or maybe because you cut parts out that people wanna see?

DarkReaper
11-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Na the parts i sped up were so i didnt cut footage but it was aimless running around lol cause i usually dont play the game before hand, which maybe i should and then make a walkthrough so i can just zoom through it. But none the less it all depends on the game really, i made a video for a few indie games and i didnt speed anything up.

The one i sped up was Anna: extended, but that ♥♥♥♥s scary as F*** lol i hate them manikins.

Glaite
11-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I can't thank you guys enough for this so far, it is going to help me out allot. So here is how i think i will do my future episodes of "7 Days To Die"

I plan to play for roughly 30 minuets (I may add face cam, as that is my thing for most videos, and it helps me, be "me") Then I will cut down the footage to roughly 10 - 15 minuets of the best and important stuff. Things such as unimportant looting, large travel distances will be cut and removed.

Thanks again guys, I really can't say enough how much I appreciate you guys doing this for me!