PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics 2x damage while sneaking removed / no longer works

tmanpdx
08-16-2014, 12:29 AM
In the previous version, if you crouched and shot with a weapon, you would do 2x damage if you were undetected by the zombie you shot.

This appears to have been removed.

DocHussey
08-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Asking about it

grrantu
08-17-2014, 10:30 PM
I also noticed that this was not working in my game.

miraie
08-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Yeah me too. Is it met to be or just forgot to reconfigure it?

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I hope it is removed for zombies. Makes no sense to do double damage to a zombie by sneaking, like doing double damage to a tree. I say for players only should stealth mode do double damage.

grrantu
08-19-2014, 03:40 AM
Why does it make any less sense to do double damage to a zombie than it does to do double damage to a player when you are sneaking? Getting shot in the head is the same if the person is hiding in a bush or at the other end of the street at high noon :P. I think the purpose of the double damage when sneaking is to allow you to actually kill something and stay sneaking. Since anything that is hit magically knows your exact location and comes charging.

Drakkar77
08-19-2014, 04:22 AM
Why does it make any less sense to do double damage to a zombie than it does to do double damage to a player when you are sneaking? Getting shot in the head is the same if the person is hiding in a bush or at the other end of the street at high noon :P. I think the purpose of the double damage when sneaking is to allow you to actually kill something and stay sneaking. Since anything that is hit magically knows your exact location and comes charging.

This!

Gipothegip
08-19-2014, 04:51 AM
Exactly how would you do double damage to a player while sneaking? The engine for the most part couldn't really identify whether a player knows you are there or not, they could possibly hear you or already have noticed you and know you are going to sneak up from behind.

As for the sneak bonus as a whole, it can be useful at times, though headshots with most weapons will kill all but the fat zombies, depending on your damage/difficulty settings.

feltope
08-19-2014, 05:18 AM
Well I can't speak for the dev team obviously but the idea of extra damage from sneak attack is usually meant to represent the idea that you got the drop on your enemy and so you can take the time to make a well aimed shot/stab/attack thus hitting a more vital location.

That is the basic idea of a sneak attack bonus usually.

Wezz
09-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Why was this topic abandoned? Any news about stealth damage that I missed out in the recent changelogs?

TheWhiteRook
09-12-2014, 07:59 PM
I believe it was removed since 9.0. Fine by me. Just aim for the head.