PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Save Inside / Load on roof

grimreefer24601
08-16-2014, 01:06 AM
Seems now if I save inside a building, when I reload I appear on top of the building.

tmanpdx
08-16-2014, 01:15 AM
I have this happen and I think it's because my bedroll is on the floor immediately below the roof.

ricslady99
08-16-2014, 01:26 AM
Same here.

CorwynD
08-16-2014, 02:25 AM
Happened to me inside the movie theater without a bedroll. Now I have my bedroll on the floor of a barn and I load on top of the roof. I have noticed that when I load after saving out in the open I drop slightly and land on the ground.

monkeystew
08-16-2014, 02:30 AM
Same with backpacks they appear on the floor above, i kill a guy on a pvp server and his back pack ended up on the top of a tree.

zedslayer
08-16-2014, 04:01 AM
Its a new game and fresh start new save.

It has happand 4 times now. I am in a small 1 story house with a small attic. I have my bed in the centerish of the attic with lots of head room. When I logout and go back to playing I spawn on my roof and I died once to a zombie attack and spawned on my roof. So it seems every time I spawn its on my roof when I pick spawn on bed. I am not spawning in the house I am spawning on the house. If you need more info let me know.

Grotto19
08-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Same happened to me only on a taller house (I got to see the new stages of broken lag mechanic thanks to it though ). Also I tried logging out in the attic and on the second floor, both of which spawned me on the roof when a logged back in. I haven’t tried logging out underground yet to see if that also transports you to the surface when logging in but I will test it soon.

Vianeth
08-16-2014, 04:52 AM
I havent played for very long in Alpha 9 but this happened to me too. I've died once since placing my bedroll tonight. I found a barn and have my bedroll on the bottom on the dirt. I was on the roof making a garden (died from O2 debuff from drowning but wasnt in water, thats another bug for another thread). Panicked from the drowning bug and ran back inside the barn... died on the stairs. I chose spawn on my bedroll. I got teleported to the roof instead. My backpack was gone and I had to use the Z window to get my stuff back.

simsperson56
08-16-2014, 04:54 AM
This has also happened to me, and I've gotten mauled by zombies because of it...

Tyger
08-16-2014, 04:57 AM
Having the same issue, set up camp in a police station, placed a bedroll in the storage room and logged out. Logging back in, I ended up on the roof. Jumping down I broke my leg, and when I died I ended up back on the roof. Jumped in and broke open the skylight, grabbed my bedroll and placed it under open sky in the foyer. Went out to die and respawned right on my bedroll. So as long as there's nothing between you and sky, you're okay to log/respawn.

zedslayer
08-16-2014, 05:11 AM
I just dug a hole next to the house and filled with water. I jump off roof into the water. Easy work around but a problem that needs to be fixed.

Stratocaster99
08-16-2014, 05:34 AM
Yep, this has also happened to a friend an I multiple times. It always seems to happen when we spawn back to our sleeping bags after dying. It also happens when we re-join our game at a different time. There also seems to be a bug where it won't let us open our inventory and map. We have to leave the game and re-join to fix that problem though.

warmer
08-16-2014, 06:19 AM
same thing here. I put a bed in the attic, and spawned on the roof. Luckily I had 10 wooden frames on me and made a staggered step down the side :)

Grotto19
08-16-2014, 06:47 AM
I have confirmed that it also happens if you log out or re spawn underground. It seems as the other poster mentioned that you will be placed on the highest occupied block of your coordinates regardless of if you bedroll or log out point was beneath something.

DocHussey
08-16-2014, 09:20 AM
This is a known issue, reminding the dev in charge of that area

DocHussey
08-16-2014, 10:00 AM
This is an older bug from testing, seems it has reared its ugly head again. I'll get someone to beat it with the Big Stick.

zedslayer
08-16-2014, 11:15 AM
This is an older bug from testing, seems it has reared its ugly head again. I'll get someone to beat it with the Big Stick.

Thank you and glad we could help.

Evanlet
08-16-2014, 12:14 PM
I've decided to make a room in an apartment my home, but every time I log out and log back in I spawn on the roof.

=BRC=Shep
08-16-2014, 12:27 PM
I've decided to make a room in an apartment my home, but every time I log out and log back in I spawn on the roof.

I have a small cabin on the side of a hill and every time I spawn from either death or login I spawn on the roof.

Xtrakicking
08-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Every time I log in to keep playing the game if I'm in a building I spawn on the roof, right now is not that big of a problem but it will become a huge problem in the wrong place at the wrong time so I'd be better to fix it XD

Boldero
08-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Yep, same thing happens to me, log off in an attic and log back in and im on the roof, its a great way to see the new broken leg mechanic when you have to jump down from the roof lol

LFCavalcanti
08-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Hi!

Every time I click to continue a saved game, if I'm underground or in a building with floors above me, I start after the load on top of the building/terrain.

Please, fix this ASAP, cause a lot of trouble!

Also reported in General Discussion: http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13910-Restarting-game-problems-Teleportation-the-easy-way!

Kulrock
08-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Same as every1 else. Built a small farm on top of my hut, and after logging off inside the hut, logging back in spawns on top and destroys the crops. This happens everytime, not just randomly.

GrimmAngel22
08-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Will this happen down in a player created mine? >.>

Reese
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Will this happen down in a player created mine? >.>

Yes. Logged out in mine. Loaded on top of mountain.

ntranzed
08-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Yes. Logged out in mine. Loaded on top of mountain.

can also confirm if log out while in player made mine you spawn on top when logging in or spawning to bedroll

neahfeald
08-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Also confirming this bug, happens upon spawning, happens if you log-out underground and log back in and happens when you die and are respawned. Whatever the highest level of "Ground" is (whether thats ground, or a rooftop), thats where you find yourself.

Drakkar77
08-17-2014, 02:03 AM
I reported this when alpha 9 first came out, and haven't seen it reload correctly even once. Logging out = logging back in at the top most block as if your y axis location isn't being saved correctly.

Dammeron
08-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Tested in 2 buildings, as well in a cave - after loading a game, always spawning on the topmost block layer.

LarsingeM
08-18-2014, 01:09 AM
I hope the issue with no bedrock in random gen get fixed before or at the same time as the spawning on roof/surface. I think this bug was the only thing saving me from being stuck in the hole in the world till i starved (which also would be impossible at the time since it seemed i couldnt die of thirst or hunger with zombies disabled..) A little bug clusterF right there,hehe. Part of the alpha charmm its an adventure every day.

Euzio
08-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Needs to be fixed ASAP as this is re-spawning at the highest point thing is one of the most game breaking things at the moment... You're not safe anywhere when you log back in or respawn now unless you happen to be camped out on a house on stilts or rooftop that has no zombies spawning. Couple that with the new leg injuries you can sustain and it can be incredibly infuriating. I've had my leg broken 3 times already and sprained it multiple times because I logged off and logged back in on top of a roof with no way down but to jump....

That and logging back in only to find myself on top of a cliff (had dug a hole in the side of a cliff to hide and do some crafting peacefully before that), at night and right smack into a bunch of Zeds who were only too happy with the food that fell out of the sky for them...

simsperson56
08-18-2014, 08:24 AM
This glitch needs to be fixed right away. I've died for the sixth time because of this glitch.

I was in a tall house and I quit the game to check my settings, and I ended up on the roof when I went back in. I broke my leg when I jumped off and then I got killed on my own spike traps!
I really hope this is fixed soon, because this is completely ruining the game for me

Repute
08-18-2014, 09:00 AM
I have also had this problem with any building I quit inside of and rejoin to find myself on the roof. Especially a problem when I am just starting out and have no tools to cut the wood covering the doors to get off of the roof or out of an elevator shaft, such as the movie theater. If you spawn on the roof and go down either ladder, you encounter a boarded up door. I spent 10 minutes hitting it with random tools I had in my backpack.

Most recently on my own server, I laid a bed down on the second floor of a police station, then walked over by the dead corpse laying against the couch and quit out. About ten minutes later, I joined again and landed IN the roof and died. I spawned out in the middle of nowhere afterwards and my bed no longer showed up on the map. I then went back to the police station to not only find my bag on the roof, but most of the ceiling caved in.

No big deal, we're playing the alpha to let TFP figure out what's wrong so those who get the game when it's done have an amazing experience... and us to! It's going to be awesome seeing what the game started out as a year ago and when it becomes when it is finally gold.

gcomerfo
08-18-2014, 11:30 AM
It seems like when I am in my base, and quit the game, when I come back and relog in, I find myself on the roof of my base.

Lucky I actually had a ladder into my top floor on my roof, but this would have been bad if I didn't - broken leg for sure.

Xtrakicking
08-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Yes, this is a common A9 bug that TFP will fix in the next patch.

LimeyRon
08-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Yep. Multiple threads about this now. Will be fixed soon, hopefully :)

Ogg
08-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Just be careful using the ladder in the elevator shaft in a large building. Just saying...and carry a splint....

TheProphet
08-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Needs to be fixed ASAP as this is re-spawning at the highest point thing is one of the most game breaking things at the moment... You're not safe anywhere when you log back in or respawn now unless you happen to be camped out on a house on stilts or rooftop that has no zombies spawning. Couple that with the new leg injuries you can sustain and it can be incredibly infuriating. I've had my leg broken 3 times already and sprained it multiple times because I logged off and logged back in on top of a roof with no way down but to jump....

That and logging back in only to find myself on top of a cliff (had dug a hole in the side of a cliff to hide and do some crafting peacefully before that), at night and right smack into a bunch of Zeds who were only too happy with the food that fell out of the sky for them...

This!!!!!!

And what about seeing evey single bed spawn of online players? how did they ♥♥♥♥ it so bad?I can see every single online bed marked in green on the map! This is insane. This game is right now unplayable!

Madmole this need a quick alarm hotfix right now! Untolerable :apologetic:

Drakkar77
08-18-2014, 07:35 PM
This!!!!!!

And what about seeing evey single bed spawn of online players? how did they ♥♥♥♥ it so bad?I can see every single online bed marked in green on the map! This is insane. This game is right now unplayable!

I don't think anyone would do this on purpose but in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if this bug isn't to test the broken leg debuff more.

LimeyRon
08-18-2014, 07:43 PM
This!!!!!!

FFS calm down, bugs happen and a fix is coming in the next patch. Making demands isn't going to get you anywhere.

I don't think anyone would do this on purpose but in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if this bug isn't on purpose to test the broken leg debuff more.

I seriously doubt that. Plenty of people seem to doing a good enough job of testing this on their own :lol:

bsimser
08-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Will just add my 2 pennies to the conversation (also first post!). I'm hold up in the expensive homes and have tried my bedroll anywhere in the house (1st or 2nd floor) and always respawn on the roof. I just cut a hole in it and built a ladder so no big deal (first time I just lept off into the swimming pool, but if you walk to the peaked roof at the front of the 3rd farthest home in the group you can causually walk off safely).

Also spawning is troublesome for me so it might be related. On a couple of MP PVe servers I've tried I died and respawned at the top of a tree. WHAM. Got smacked as I landed and started the game fresh with a broken or sprained leg. I wasn't happy so hopefully spawning in general is fixed in a future release (I'm on A9).

Thanks!

Euzio
08-22-2014, 02:24 AM
Its only going to be fixed in the next patch guys. So in the meantime, all we can do is find workarounds.
These are a few of the options I have come across reading the forums or did myself to help.

- If you're camped out on a high place and the rooftop has no access down, knock a hole in the roof and build some stairs or place ladders down its side.
- If you're dug into a mine or cliff face, try building a skylight shaft and then log out underneath it. Alternatively, you can do what I currently do which is to just log out right outside my mine. So if I log back in and its at night, I can just pop straight back in right away.

nitnoid
08-22-2014, 03:13 AM
I leave a chimney hole in my roof and place my bedroll right under it. I just stand on the bedroll when I log off and always appear inside my house.

grimreefer24601
09-06-2014, 09:43 PM
So, I seem to be getting this again, at least sometimes in 9.2. Hard to tell because my base is on a roof right now, but the few times I've saved in a building I've loaded back on the roof. Makes breaking a leg a bitch.

Sugarburn
09-06-2014, 09:53 PM
This happens to me is if save within a room with a low ceiling and I am standing on something like a bedroll or camp fire.

Lordicon
09-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Dont put bed roll next to a wall

Quicksilver
09-09-2014, 07:29 AM
I too was having this issue in 9.2 now I make sure bedroll room ceiling is 3 to 4 blocks high and it seems to help. This is just a wag but you seem to load in a block above the floor, to avoid world fall through I'd guess, but if you clip the ceiling you are moved upwards.

Drawfox
09-09-2014, 12:42 PM
I didn't had this yet, but my house have 3 block high since 9.0.
I notice that when I spawn, i'm slightly above the ground. Maybe if your house have only 2 block highs only, you spawn inside the block and the game throws you on the ceiling, to avoid you getting stuck.

Jill
09-09-2014, 12:50 PM
I have a base where the ceiling is 10 blocks above the floor. I still spawn on the roof occasionally.

Vexiaa
09-14-2014, 09:16 PM
I can confirm that this issue is still ongoing. I've continue to spawn on the roof of our base as does the person I play with. The blocks (ceiling) above our bedrolls is 4-5 blocks high, up-graded wood blocks that were crafted on by us. Not a serious issue, at least it's somewhat safe area.

unholyjoe
09-14-2014, 09:27 PM
same issue here as a few players (not all and not constant) have come back into game and found ourselves either on top of ground or slightly away from saved location. my base is on cliff inside at about 10 units and probably 15 units from topside. others with normal above ground bases.

BTW: this is in A9.3