PDA

View Full Version : Crash Alpha 9 consistent crash

Krolik
08-16-2014, 02:07 AM
When hosting a MP Random Gen, the game seems to load great! But when I take a few steps the game will crash to desktop with no error message. Thanks for any help!

Note, I had to re-install the game in order to make it update, so I don't think re-installing again will help.
I installed x64 but that didn't make a difference.

Just read about the DXDiag and output_log, I'm posting them now.

Krolik
08-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Ok, I figured it out I think. It seemed to crash every time I ran (Pressed shift + w) so I changed my run to alt. Now I can run but if I hit shift the game will crash. I just tested it once more and all I hit was shift by it's self then boom, crash to desktop. I'll change my run key for now. So I guess it isn't an emergency. Thanks!

debao
08-16-2014, 02:40 AM
I am hosting a dedicated server having the same issue. I'm glad you could figure out a workaround. Hopefully this is addressed quickly.

mind_games_cabal
08-16-2014, 06:22 AM
I am getting the same issues...I have deleted local copy and reinstalled and am still getting the same issue

mind_games_cabal
08-16-2014, 06:40 AM
I am getting the same issues...I have deleted local copy and reinstalled and am still getting the same issue

Update...game crashed when either shift key s pressed

urtarget
08-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Update...game crashed when either shift key s pressed
I don't this it is anything to do with the shift key, I'm crashing constantly as well. :/

Fox
08-16-2014, 06:55 AM
Shift key works fine for me... no crashes at all... rock solid as usual. Maybe there's an unusual key binding you have set up somewhere causing conflicts?

DocHussey
08-16-2014, 10:05 AM
I need an output log from this pressing shift thing. It's not the game, its something pearshaped on your computer. If you want some one-on-one, send me a PM, we'll set up for a team viewer session if you can't figure it out.

Krolik
08-17-2014, 04:07 AM
I figured out what was causing my, and my wife's, computer to crash to desktop when I hit shift. We use Teamspeak and the "TeamSpeak 3 Overlay plugin" was causing it. I disabled that and we had no more crashing.