PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Exploding Grass

Ryuu202
08-16-2014, 02:16 AM
So i seem to have run into a problem where the dirt i place under ground explodes once grass grows on it. I'm including a video to show this problem in action. Iv noticed that it only seems to happen when the player places the dirt rather then dirt that's already there to begin with.. it also has happend a few times on the surface with player placed dirt as well though much less frequently. Forgot to mention that i tested this issue on a new file with the same results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AESowHzxBJI&feature=youtu.be

Ariel
08-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Haha xD

Ryuu202
08-16-2014, 03:26 AM
Forgot to add these as well. and i did validate files and the issue was still there when a new game was started.

Vianeth
08-16-2014, 04:54 AM
I had this problem too tonight. Stacked dirt for a garden and the underneath layer automatically deconstructed itself for no reason (but still provided me the dirt to loot). Randomly explodes. Some dirt stayed in tact.

Stratocaster99
08-16-2014, 05:44 AM
Well then, that would get pretty annoying after awhile lol. Hopefully one of the developers see this and fix the issue. Besides that, the new Alpha 9 update is awesome. :smug:

Ryuu202
08-16-2014, 07:27 AM
It was rather confusing at first lol was wondering why my garden kept poofing, but some bugs are to be expected with an update like this. Other then that i am loving the new features :D

DocHussey
08-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Hmmmmmm... This Marine has a theory, passing up and talking to the programmer.

Thoranius
08-16-2014, 02:42 PM
The issue seems to be when the fertile dirt changes to grassy dirt, it either shifts it's position upwards by 1, disconnecting it from the surrounding ground and causing it to collapse from lack of support, or it has nil structural integrity or nearby connection when it goes through the change and pops loose in place. (I had a hard time telling for sure which because of the natural terrain blending)