PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Forge and Campfire Dupe

Vective
08-16-2014, 04:16 AM
You are able to dupe items in the output and input slots of a forge and campfire.
Put items into the forge, start the forge and alt tab out of the game, wait 30 seconds or any amount of time(longer you wait the more you can dupe), alt tab back into the game, quickly shift click either the input or output slot, Profit.
This seems like its a time related issue, you are able to keep duping until your game time catches up.

This has been tested several times by me and my friends on multiple servers. This issue has been present since I started playing the game around version 8.6

Did you start a new game and re-create the issue? Tested on Multiplayer Servers

Have you validated your files through Steam? Yes

After validation, did you re-try with a brand new game?(/bold) NO

DocHussey
08-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Looking into.

bdsterne
08-21-2014, 03:22 PM
I set a few pieces of coal into the forge to smelt iron and a few into a campfire to make 6 grain alcohol. Due to the extreme length of time to cook grain alcohol I used ALT+TAB to go do something else for the half an hour it took. I came back with about 5 minutes left and when I tried to take out the iron ingots, it gave me what was in the forge to my inventory but did not remove the amount that was in the forge. The timer on the fire was quickly counting down apparently to catch up to what the time actually was but until it hit zero I was able to keep pulling the ingots out over and over. I then tried this on the grain alcohol and got the same result.

The timer on the forge did not appear to keep counting when I ALT+TAB out but recognized it should have been when I came back in. Instead of instantly going to the correct time it just counted down at what looked like double speed. Any items pulled out when it was attempting to catch up were not registered as removed from the forge and could be continuously removed.

Skyy
08-21-2014, 03:28 PM
its a known bug

N_MacKinnon
08-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Ah this is a bug? I figured it was the same idea as the timer... Moving to catch up. I was under the impression that the # in the smelted section was higher than reported. Guess I won't be alt tabbing out when I'm smelting.

CongoBongo
08-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Should not post this in the forums. Rather email doc or another admin explaining the issue.

You just made it a whole lot worse by posting it.

EAGLE EYE
08-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Exactly as CongoBongo said. It's a better way to PM directly stuff for such a bug. Also it's a known issue but should not be spread on the forum because it will be used all the time. I think it should be better to remove this thread.

DocHussey
08-21-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm leaving it up, no need to hide it. These things will be fixed in due time

Euzio
08-22-2014, 02:13 AM
I also found a bug. Its probably related to the timer issue. But it doesn't require me to alt-tab or something. Although it only works occasionally and not all the time. What I found is that if I place 1 coal ore in the forge or campfire, and if I keep right-clicking and putting it back in. The forge or campfire would then duplicate the coal and start the fire whilst my coal ore remains. So instead of a 6min40s burn time, I get a 13min20s burn time instead.

It probably has something to do with the lag time or something.

Might I suggest a potential fix for this being that both the fire and items we're forging or cooking in question only start if we hit the cook or forge (if they add it in) button? If a player intends to perhaps maybe keep a campfire/forge going for light or something than just let them be able to hit the cook button and start the fire burning even if there is no food? If they throw it in whilst its lighted then it will auto-cook.

Vective
08-23-2014, 05:29 AM
I decided to post this because this bug is the reason me and a group of players quit playing. I love the game but this issue just sucks and it needs to get spread to the point of it being a super high priority to get fixed.

R3DSKULL
08-23-2014, 07:43 AM
yeah i found this bug too. its annoying

- - - Updated - - -

Should not post this in the forums. Rather email doc or another admin explaining the issue.

You just made it a whole lot worse by posting it. Why do you think no one would notice this bug? if people really wanted to dupe or create stuff they can always run creative mode. Its better to expose it make sure it is not isolated and get it fixed asap.