PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Cannot add friend in random gen

crazyhorse101
08-16-2014, 04:29 PM
I joined a random generation server and tried to team up with a few people. The first person I invited worked just fine. When I try to invite another person to be a friend, I cannot click on any of the names in the list. I tried clicking around and re-joining the game but none of it helped. I cannot click on other people's names or add them as friends.

Bernd18995
08-16-2014, 07:58 PM
I joined a random generation server and tried to team up with a few people. The first person I invited worked just fine. When I try to invite another person to be a friend, I cannot click on any of the names in the list. I tried clicking around and re-joining the game but none of it helped. I cannot click on other people's names or add them as friends.

Happened me too. IDK a workaround :(

Milano
08-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Happens to me too. It was scrolling up and down beautifully, and after 5 mins of playing my friends list is non-functional. can't add people at all.

I signed up to the forums just to post about this, because I didn't see enough on the topic yet. Frustrating.

Logging on/off server sometimes fixes it, sometimes doesn't. Not sure what it is. Doesn't seem to affect all players.

LimeyRon
08-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Pro Tip: Wait til everyone is in the game, send all invites at once, BEFORE YOU CLOSE THE LIST. Works like a charm. Can't say if it's a foolproof workaround but it hasn't let me down yet.

Sy Tarn
08-17-2014, 12:39 AM
for some reason i found a work around that has worked for all my friends...hold shift and double click on the name on the top of the list worked for me and everyone else the first time

Milano
08-17-2014, 02:54 AM
for some reason i found a work around that has worked for all my friends...hold shift and double click on the name on the top of the list worked for me and everyone else the first time

Thanks that worked for me.. but if the first player on list isn't the guy I want to friend, no use. :(

I DID get the shift dbl click to work on someone further in the list.. Once. since then only top player

oldwolder
08-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Happent to me to.
Me and 2 friends were playing on private server.
I could befriend both friends, but they could not befriend each other.
Because of another bug, i had to restart my game, and when i had logged of, they could befriend each other.

Sorry for the bad gramma, english is not my native toung

miraie
08-18-2014, 03:16 AM
I have the same issue but only with one friend that invite me and I can't accept and when I thy to invite him I can not even select him from the list

Akrablak
08-18-2014, 10:09 AM
well you need spam klick on nick name what you want to add,but you need do it wery fast klick,some time work for me,if nothing hapend i just close the map and try again, it teke some time.Once i klick on name 1min till i get highlight nickname

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Yes, we cannot scroll down the friends list to invite. In the map window we cannot scroll any window on the right. In addition usually unable to click and add friends anyway as OP stated.

Milano
08-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Hope this is addressed in the next patch !

Also, I don't know what can be done but, if I have multiple friends and they are close together, it's difficult to see which one I'm tracing as the green arrow is hidden underneath green dots on my compass. Maybe tracing icon can be larger than green dots on compass?

Okraiderfan
08-22-2014, 02:16 PM
yeah FL bug is highly annoying :(