PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics List of bugs and weird stuff in alpha 9.

LarsingeM
08-17-2014, 10:29 AM
1. Sometimes setting for what i drop upon death (toolbelt or backpack) change. I always set it to drop toolbelt. Two times so far the backpack was dropped and the setting back in the menu is changed. One time also the wiew changed to third person.

2. Bug makes it possible to read books i`ve already read. This bug has followed since at least alpha 8.8. Back in alpha 8.8 it also made most of the books be for hunting knife or making bullets and seemingly making it impossible to find all books.

3. Cant die of thirst or hunger with zombie spawning disabled. Can apparently still drown..

4. Bees fly under water.

5. Found a `hole in the world` in my mine. A square black hole makes me fall out of the world. Carries through even if i reload the game but thankfully my character seems to respawn on surface when reloading. (still going to find some glass chards to eat in case i get stuck..)

6. Still zombies with zombie spawning disabled. Mainly special zombies like pukers it seems. Not sure if they are there only because they were spawned before turning it off or if they spawn in specially for certain building or places and therefor dont get disabled.

THE FOLLOWING FEW THINGS ARE NOT BUGS BUT STILL ANNOYS ME:

1. Arrow in inventory feels weird being off center.

2. Hard to see player mapmarker. Generally also hard to get an overwiew of map in alpha 9. (not talking about the fog of war, more of navigating and wiew)

Thats all so far. Love the game. Going to have a lot of fun in random gen. Good luck on figuring out the bugs!

Dammeron
08-17-2014, 11:31 PM
2. Bug makes it possible to read books i`ve already read. This bug has followed since at least alpha 8.8. Back in alpha 8.8 it also made most of the books be for hunting knife or making bullets and seemingly making it impossible to find all books.

This bug exists since the beggining of manuals. During a single load of the game, You can read a certain book only once. But just quit the game and load the save again, and the book can be read again.

LarsingeM
08-18-2014, 12:53 AM
5. Found a `hole in the world` in my mine. A square black hole makes me fall out of the world. Carries through even if i reload the game but thankfully my character seems to respawn on surface when reloading. (still going to find some glass chards to eat in case i get stuck..)

The black hole i found out was a complete lack of bedrock.. Also noticed in the hotel building some cabinets are turned yhe wrong way and top floor stairs go into a 1 feet high area. Just in case nobody noticed.. lol

Madahari
08-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Arrow in inventory feels weird being off center.

Yes, the cursor is off center. At first I was constantly dropping things when moving them around the inventory and crafting menu and only after playing a lot and being extremely careful am I able to place things where I want them.

But please fix it.

It also looks like they've done something to try to give the icons for each item some perspective but it just makes them look stretched horizontally.

And please make the icons for each item the same size in the crafting menu as the inventory. Having them different sizes is weird. Sometimes I'm not sure I'm stacking the same items and have to take a pause.

bigc90210
08-18-2014, 09:23 AM
6. Still zombies with zombie spawning disabled. Mainly special zombies like pukers it seems. Not sure if they are there only because they were spawned before turning it off or if they spawn in specially for certain building or places and therefor dont get disabled.

This is because the zombies in this instance have been saved to the prefab itself (such as police station). These still appear even if spawning is disabled. Once you have killed them though they dont respawn.

Zombies spawning being set to disabled just means no hordes will spawn, but this doesnt affect any zombies which are built into to prefabs as entities