PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Dirt "'crumbles'"

h0tr0d
08-17-2014, 06:28 PM
I think it may be related to some of what I saw in the other posts, but did not see this exactly.

I wanted to remove forges so I dug a trench under them.

The 4 forges, which had been built side by side, remained even with there only being dirt under the last one. (I assume this is part of the structural integrity, but forges act as blocks?)

I remove the last bit if dirt, and they fall.

I decide I want clay; I dig another level deep in this trench so it is now 4 long 2 deep.

I have extra fertile dirt so I place it in the trench on the bottom layer, then place more on top.

The dirt underneath crumbles. ( I placed dirt on top of clay only 2 blocks down. I didn't try to suspend dirt in mid air))

I have experienced this anytime when I place a substance in an "unnatural" layer for it. In other words, if clay occurs at a certain level, and I place dirt, it won't stay. It crumbles.

Believe this may have something to do with certain types of "ground" having been assigned depths.

grrantu
08-17-2014, 10:19 PM
I have also experienced this. Any time I cover my fertile dirt with more fertile dirt, after a few seconds, the fertile dirt underneath crumbles.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 04:45 AM
Try placing dirt on stone underground. IT crumbles. I believe it is because they has assigned layers where it can only exist. Of course, what do I know.

Roland
08-18-2014, 05:12 AM
I can confirm this bug as well.

Kheirozen
08-18-2014, 05:19 AM
I've had some problem with the fertile dirt as well.. If you place one block of dirt then place anything on top of it, it will crumble...
Same as said with the underground... if you place Fertile dirt underground it'll stay for about 5 to 10 seconds then just crumble

Also i seem to have trouble farming on fertile dirt. Using the Gardening hoe and all, if i plant something it'll just burst into nothing and then the patch of dirt becomes grass. (Tried it with natural blocks and added blocks , both act the same)

Sy Tarn
08-18-2014, 07:17 AM
i have had a similar problem i was trying to build a garden. but the ground was too uneven and if i placed dirt in the uneven part it would go back to being uneven. so i dug 2 deep and tried to place fertile dirt, but not all of the dirt underneath crumbled only random spots speratically. needless to say i never finished my garden :(

Vonkruger
08-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Well...I WAS self-sufficient. Walked into my underground safe-from-the-random-dropped-on-From-the-sky-because-fences-do-NO-good Deer, Rabbits and Pigs, and watched my entire Harvest pop like the Fourth of July.
Then the Dirt went.
Then I tried to drop new soil and re-plant.
Then they went pop too.
Then after several HOURS my patience went.
I now have a nice Wading Pool instead of a Farm, I spent almost a week building, that can feed me.

N_MacKinnon
08-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Yep, some people suggested depth is the issue. It is not. You can place it at any depth and it will crumble most of the time. At least ores don't seem to crumble when placed.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Has anyone been able to make an underground garden? I can't even get a pool of water underground. can't see or use the damn water even though I can drown.

Pureh8tred
08-18-2014, 09:07 PM
i have had the dirt issue crumbling as well. I was just trying to level of some land to extend a build and after a couple seconds of placing dirt down, whatever i placed down started to crumble away. I now have a nice pit in front of one of my walls. I also have a 1X1 pit with water and i can only assume it goes to the bottom of the map, anyone else run into one of these?

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Yah saw a bug report bout that glitch. 1x1 that goes to bottom filled with water. Seems to be a RG issue.

Weylyn
08-19-2014, 12:18 PM
I noticed this issue as well and I think I figured out the cause. The new fertile dirt gets covered in the grass texture which is fine but when it goes to sprout long grass if any block is above it the dirt block crumbles.

It's very annoying as is the farming issue spent the day getting my farm ready and had to remove some clay and replace it with dirt now the grass just keeps sprouting so I can't plant.

TheProphet
08-19-2014, 12:39 PM
My dirt is crumbling too, revealing my underground base. This is bull♥♥♥♥! ♥♥♥♥. This, coupled with the sleeping bug where you spawn above, seeing all the online people's sleeping bags, coupled with your backback falling to the ground when you disconnect... it makes the release unplayable. How in holy hell did they release this with these major bugs? give me a break.

CongoBongo
08-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Try placing dirt on stone underground. IT crumbles. I believe it is because they has assigned layers where it can only exist. Of course, what do I know.

Not the case, i have 2 underground farms, the lower farm is on stone, the upper farm is on concrete.

The lower farm i cannot see the water i placed, but its there.
The upper farm i can see the water.

I think the water is invisible when placed on natural terrain underground.

Diotom
08-19-2014, 01:27 PM
"coupled with your backback falling to the ground when you disconnect..."

This is not a bug, but a configuration : the server is configured so that you drop your bag when logging out.

There are several allowed configurations : when dying, when logging out .... drop of backpack, drop of belt items... or no drop at all.

regards

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Looking into this, might have a fix soon