PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Many items didn't get ported over to the new systems forging weights and are unusable

Thoranius
08-18-2014, 04:03 AM
Many items list as being a certain type in regards to forging use (IE, Iron or stone, the lead and brass objects appear to have been all properly converted) Perhaps this is intentional with some of the items, or perhaps they were intended to have the stone part of the description removed (such as dirty brick and broken concrete items from the wasteland). Or, they could be items that were no longer supposed to drop and got overlooked, such as wasteland car part 4 dropping instead of scrap metal, and as such, weren't slated to update to the new system. Either way, I'm sure they will get fixed eventually, now that they have been brought to the good Pimps attentions. Keep up the great work, the random map madness is definitely the change of pace the development needed!

madmole
08-18-2014, 05:06 AM
What new system?

Xyloscent
08-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Many items list as being a certain type in regards to forging use (IE, Iron or stone, the lead and brass objects appear to have been all properly converted) Perhaps this is intentional with some of the items, or perhaps they were intended to have the stone part of the description removed (such as dirty brick and broken concrete items from the wasteland). Or, they could be items that were no longer supposed to drop and got overlooked, such as wasteland car part 4 dropping instead of scrap metal, and as such, weren't slated to update to the new system. Either way, I'm sure they will get fixed eventually, now that they have been brought to the good Pimps attentions. Keep up the great work, the random map madness is definitely the change of pace the development needed!

The materials being listed isnt new, been around for awhile in the mouseover description but I am a bit concerned that items no longer have their forge weights listed... Is there any chance that we will be getting that back?

Thoranius
08-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Ah, I assumed with the new UI and forging weights displays in the tooltips, that the system had suffered a minor overhaul. The items that have the above mentioned behavior are the ones that don't display any forging weights, even though they qualify as being in a forge-capable category (listed as iron, glass, stone, etc)

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 02:42 PM
This makes no sense. Talk in specifics, not generalities. If something looks odd, say what it is, not "things like xx, etc"

Thoranius
08-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Alright then, here are the ones I've tested and confirmed so far. (Sorry I could not remember them all earlier, early senility runs in my family. Had to retest them all and write down the results as I went.)

The following items list as "Forge Material:Stone" but do not go into a forge with the cement mold in place in the mold spot.

brick_decayed_broke1
brick_decayed_broke2
brick_decayed_broke3
Cinder Blocks
concreteDestroyed1
concreteDestroyed2
Concrete Pillar

The following items list as "Forge Material:Iron" but do not go into the forge slot with an iron mold in the mold slot.

wastelandCar04
File Cabinet
lockers
Reinforced Metal Siding
Scrap Iron Wall
Iron Wall
Gun Safe
Scrap Iron Frame
Scrap Iron Ramp Frame
scrapIronInsideCornerFrame
ScrapIronOutsideCornerFrame
Scrap Metal Secure Door
Hard Metal Secure Door
Metal Trussing
Iron Bars
Metal Ladder
Rebar Ramp Frame
Fridge Bottom

The following Item lists as "Forge Material:Tungsten" but does not go into the forge slot with a tungsten mold in the mold slot.
Desk Safe

I hope this is the specific info you require to investigate these.

On an unrelated side note: when cleaning up the mess, I also learned that a placed gun safe, when destroyed, drops scrap, and replaces itself with a map-generated version of the gun-safe, which is also lootable.

CongoBongo
08-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Oh i see what you mean now.

Yeah i have noticed that myself over the past few weeks. I was able to melt rebar frames (not rebar ramp frame) into iron ingots. Always thought it weird that you could not do ramps.
I guess we just need to be told what should and should not go in the forge.

Is it intended that you can toss things like guns, pots, rebar directly on the forge? If so then we do have big issues cause most blocks that could go in the forge for cement or iron do not work. i.e.. the items listed above in OPs post.

Thoranius
08-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Yes, the rebar frame was one of the few I tested that succeeded. Surprised me as well.

Drakkar77
08-22-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't think any of those listed items works in alpha 8 either.