PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Zombies not moving in A9

ricslady99
08-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Twice I've seen a group of zombies standing still in MP. They stay this way unless you walk right up to them which seems to trigger them.

Kastaf
08-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Having the same issues. More funny; frozen wasps. You can kill them in mid air and their corpses get stuck in mid air, until you get near them. This moment, they will fall down

N_MacKinnon
08-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Makes for easy kills too. Or avoidance.

Drakkar77
08-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Having the same issues. More funny; frozen wasps. You can kill them in mid air and their corpses get stuck in mid air, until you get near them. This moment, they will fall down

I've seen all mobs do this if they are, slightly behind or maybe, on the edge of the load chunk. How close were you to them? You could do this in Alpha 8 as well.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Had a horde come for me in a RGW, of course I moved when I heard footsteps. As hordes do, they ran to the location I was at when they spawned, and ran through it a little further before stopping and milling about.

Some moved on, some stayed, just standing still.

I moved closer and closer, and even got point blank most wouldn't move or turn. I ended up just whacking them with my fists.

LarsingeM
08-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Also annoying actually seeing the zombies come popping into the map. Didnt happen so much before that i can recall. But zombie ai seem improved from before. In earlier version they would all be walking around in a circle on top of my underground base, now they pass by even if they smell or sense me for a bit. Also feels like the hordes dont always come in exactly at the point you are standing every time. Still wish it was a bit more random so it wont feel like they know where i am at all times. Crazy thought.. maybe they dont always need to walk in such a neat and orderly line..? They`re like zombie schoolkids for gods sake!:)

Warsaken
08-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Zombies are also dying standing up on their feet. That one can be a little scary approaching them to loot the carcasses... lol

Kalex
08-21-2014, 03:24 AM
Every horde we get either freezes in place just before it gets to us or freezes after passing us just before they hit the edge of visual range.If you don't approach to melee range, you can pick them off and they ignore you. If you leave them be, they won't despawn and they won't start moving again until the trigger for the next horde hits.