PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Torch light still lags like crazy.

Drakkar77
08-18-2014, 03:12 PM
The more torches I place the more fps lag I get. It would be nice to light up my base area to make zombies slower at night, but this is impossible for me due to the frame rates I get with a lot of torches.

I've tried every suggestion I've found on the forums for it as well, in addition to the normal stuff I do, which makes a few torches in a small area workable for fps lag. Like only play in the lowest resolution and NOT on full screen mode. I keep all nonessential programs turned off,. etc.

I know each game lags a computer in a different way but, this computer was built to take the screen lag from a 25 man WoW raid without any lag, and it's just torches lagging me... accept for certain areas, but that happens when I get an error message in my console and moving away from the area returns the frame rates to normal.

Justflixit
12-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I do also have this problem.
When the game runs it works perfectly but as soon as I get around torches I an barely capable of walking. Even if I look out of the window the lagging stops.
I hope you will fix this soon.

shadethesin
12-05-2014, 12:43 PM
while it would be nice for some(i never light my house) as far as i know torches do not slow zombies anymore

Pork Forkman
12-05-2014, 01:53 PM
I put up maybe 8 torches and my game went to a crawl. It was crazy! I hope they can figure this one out.

Falco
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM
confirmed, same issue here.
Using a ati radeon hd 5570 and having a bunch of torches drops my framerate to about 5-8/s. The old fire effects from befre a10 were not that bad. Also torches shine through the ground.

sectiplave
12-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Just saying, it would be helpful to post your in game graphics settings and hardware specs. The lighting in this game is one of it's most intensive features.

I'm running a GTX680 and have performance issues with shadows, the best thing I did was turn them off in terms of FPS consistency as I have a large multifloor base with 12 or 15 torches per floor.

I'll try turning them on again next patch and see how things go.

baird 888
12-06-2014, 07:46 PM
my desktop did not have much trouble with torches till alpha 10.1 but my laptop was feeling it right when things hit alpha 10...they both get 60fps in normal Conditions but when i start setting up tons of torches fps really drops

Desktop Specs
CPU FX 4350 4.3ghz
Radeon HD 7870
8gb of ram

Laptop Specs
AMD APU A10 5750m 2.5 to 3.5ghz
Radeon HD 8650G
8gb of ram

Justflixit
12-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I have switched off all "extra features" like high quality lighting and textures are half size.
I have even decreased the Resolution.
The Problem is still not much better but at least I can walk inside our base.
Decreasing the quality again doesnīt bring any advantages.

Even on bigger relsolution I can play without lags as long as I donīt have any torches around.

SonOfMowgef
12-09-2014, 05:06 PM
I have the same thing going on.
It's pretty difficult to see without torches, but using them causes super FPS drops, I had to turn shadows off, turn all the extra settings off, AA off and resolution down just to get the game playable since A10.1 while it was running fine in A10.
Weird thing tho, changing the setting like that fixed the bug I had with trees disappearing and having to mine the block underneath them to get the resources.

KxKx
12-12-2014, 08:42 AM
It would be nice to light up my base area to make zombies slower at night, but this is impossible for me due to the frame rates I get with a lot of torches.

Torches do not make the zombies slower... The only thing that does this now is the time of day. I don't remember when this was changed this way but there is no way to make zombies slower except for cobwebs etc...