PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics terrain block filling bug

meatsuit
08-18-2014, 03:37 PM
I've only seen this happen once for certain.

I placed a row of wood frames with a 1 block gap on a flat layer of stone then placed a second row of frames on top of the first. When I came back to the gap, the stone had filled it in. I removed the frames and a single pyramid of stone stood where the gap was. It took 5 hits with a pick, and then broke, dropping nothing.

I think this bug may be related to the new improvements to terrain "snapping" to square blocks. Right now it is only a minor annoyance but it might be exploitable in some way.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 08:34 PM
I had this happen with dirt on the first smooth terrain update.

LimeyRon
08-18-2014, 08:39 PM
I've had this happen to me. I'm sure there's another thread floating around here somewhere too. Pretty sure I was reading it last night.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 09:00 PM
I wonder if this is related to water replacing my glass panes, and ramps.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 09:28 PM
I cannot duplicate this in games with cheat mode, or any games I create. But if I log on the server I usually play on, if i dig some dirt up from a lake bottom and put a glass pane in, the water replaces it.

Sugarburn
08-18-2014, 09:41 PM
I had water remove a wooden post.
Might be how water behaves now, washing away non solid blocks?
Probably a different mechanic at work to that of the OP.

meatsuit
08-19-2014, 12:48 AM
What I saw had nothing to do with water, there was no water nearby. Water has it's share of issues as well. I have seen a thread about flooding destroying doors and placed containers. Water the great destroyer I believe it was called.

Sugarburn
08-19-2014, 02:56 PM
I made a tunnel in stone 1x2 with a 1x1 hole at the end of a cliff to make a window. Was standing up close to the hole and placed a glass pane, suddenly I was falling through the world.
The floor in front of the window had been filled by stone, forcing me through the floor.

nitnoid
08-20-2014, 01:32 AM
I built a house in the pine forest. When I placed wood frames, the dirt snapped up around them like its supposed to do. I upgraded the shelter and walked down to the river to get some clay. When I returned, the dirt was no longer snapped to the blocks and there was a gap underneath the walls and the dirt's original layer.

Also, when I dug out underneath the walls, I placed brick underneath. When I walked outside, there was a gap between the dirt and brick like it used to be in 8.8.

R3DSKULL
08-20-2014, 04:12 AM
I have a terrible bug with this rising problem where im down at bedrock and the bedrock rises up to meet my construction now i cannot do anything with the bedrock. this bug sucks lol Hope they fix it asap dunno why we have not been getting hotfix bug patchs for each bug as they fix them.
Either way put bedrock down build 1 space above it and it rises right to the spot above it now you have stuck perma block.

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Terrain snapping is getting worked on, might be a fix in the coming patch, maybe not, dpends o how far along it is.