PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Mining Helm light viewable at great distance

Walrus-I-Am
08-18-2014, 07:11 PM
You can see the light affixed to the mining helm, and possibly flashlight, from far away if the terrain that would be in the way is beyond your render distance. This is not the light that is cast onto the ground, but the white spot emanating from the object. I was three biomes away and a friend was on the roof of our base and we could see each others light. Although, it did take some time for us to figure out is was us and not some other bug or part of the sky texture.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Yup got told this also. We were even inside a house, and someone in the starting hub city saw us at tremendous distance, through walls.

Kalex
08-21-2014, 03:17 AM
Yep, hubby had his mining helmet on in the mine 26 blocks below the surface and I was in the upper floors of our base some 8 blocks above the surface and I could still see his light thru 26 blocks of stone and 8 blocks of space and wood.

monkeystew
08-21-2014, 03:20 AM
its existed for a while since alpha 7 i believe and still not been fixed but then im sure it will be in due course

N_MacKinnon
08-21-2014, 06:13 PM
I honestly thought they had incorporated UFO's in the game when I first saw this.. Bright light in the sky, moving erratically, what appeared to be weapons coming from it shooting the ground.. Turns out someone was building a castle.