PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Items on crafting mat lost when exit game

Sugarburn
08-18-2014, 08:10 PM
e.g.
1. Start crafting a stack of wood into planks
2. Exit game
3. The wood/planks will be missing from the crafting mat on return to game.

Only tried on Single player.

LimeyRon
08-18-2014, 08:12 PM
This has been around for as long as I can remember. Never leave anything in your crafting grid when you exit because it will always be lost as it doesn't get saved as part of your inventory.

xiiMaRcLeoN
08-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes, I had that too. So NEVER leave it in the crafting grid.

Sugarburn
08-18-2014, 08:20 PM
It's annoying for casual play. Sometimes need to shutdown in a hurry to deal with my non-digital life.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Don't think a bug, I think it may a way to prevent duping to an extent.

Shiek4d5
08-18-2014, 08:46 PM
This has been around for as long as I can remember. Never leave anything in your crafting grid when you exit because it will always be lost as it doesn't get saved as part of your inventory.

Yup. Don't know why you would want to leave while it's crafting, do you believe it will continue after your logged out? Your character gets deleted when you quit, everything gets saved to your server or pc.

Sugarburn
08-18-2014, 08:56 PM
I never thought it would continue crafting - especially on a single player game.
It's not that I want to leave either - it's more that I have to sometimes.

It would be preferable that the items go back into your inventory if there is space.

Shiek4d5
08-18-2014, 09:13 PM
I never thought it would continue crafting - especially on a single player game.
It's not that I want to leave either - it's more that I have to sometimes.

It would be preferable that the items go back into your inventory if there is space.

Just click on another recipe and whatever is in the craft square will be moved to your bag.

Sugarburn
08-18-2014, 09:26 PM
I would do this, but there are times when it slips my mind.
Since there is no pause button I have to close out the game to answer the door/phone, extinguish the cat or to fend off the hordes of zombies in my neighbourhood.

h0tr0d
08-18-2014, 09:30 PM
If you are in full screen and alt tab out my game pauses, but only client side. Upon returning the game "catches up" by everything I missed happening quickly to catch me up. Perhaps post in pimp dreams asking for a single player pause button.

Shiek4d5
08-18-2014, 09:57 PM
I would do this, but there are times when it slips my mind.
Since there is no pause button I have to close out the game to answer the door/phone, extinguish the cat or to fend off the hordes of zombies in my neighbourhood.

Well if your a Windows user you can press the Windows key on your keyboard and that should minimize the screen if you are worried about someone walking in on you playing. Other than that I don't see a reason to exit the whole game just to answer a door/phone... I just leave mine on when I leave the room, usually nothing happens when I get back. Even if I die I will just be respawned at my base, nothing too difficult to handle.