PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Duplication glitch with crafting

gnarwaster1
08-18-2014, 11:37 PM
found a duplication bug with crafting. when you place something of a value higher than 1 and press craft and keep it in the slot where the crafting finishes, then place a new item of a value of 1 and click craft it will duplicate that item by the value of what was in the slot where you crafted the first set of items +1. so lets say you craft 5 plant fibers and keep it in the slot that it goes when you finish crafting then place 1 rock and craft it into sharp stone you will get 6 sharp stone and keep your 5 plant fibers. i only tested in singleplayer i am not sure if it works multiplayer. GET IT FIXED IT IS OP

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Looking into

Madman.XXX
08-20-2014, 04:35 PM
found a duplication bug with crafting. when you place something of a value higher than 1 and press craft and keep it in the slot where the crafting finishes, then place a new item of a value of 1 and click craft it will duplicate that item by the value of what was in the slot where you crafted the first set of items +1. so lets say you craft 5 plant fibers and keep it in the slot that it goes when you finish crafting then place 1 rock and craft it into sharp stone you will get 6 sharp stone and keep your 5 plant fibers. i only tested in singleplayer i am not sure if it works multiplayer. GET IT FIXED IT IS OP

I can confirm that this works with many items in multiplayer as well. Example, craft 64 wood planks, leave crafted items in completed placeholder, place a candy tin in center crafting square and press the craft button. It will automatically "push" the 64 wood planks into your inventory and "insta-craft" 64 scrap iron. This works in many different amounts and with many different items. It does not seem to work with the normal "long" crafting timer. I have only duplicated this with the "short" crafting timer. I have not tried it with zero craft time setting.

Ariel
08-21-2014, 01:48 AM
It's true, I was going to post this bug.