PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Something i noticed after the first 40 days in A9

Spawny
08-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Hi, i play on privat server with a friend, the random gen is a nice tool, but a few things and bugs we noticed are not that good:
- find some farmhouses, but not a single field of corn or something
- the building generate is a bit to low, after 10 miles of walking only found 5 houses, 2 farms with nothing, 1 gas station
- seeds planted on ground like to explode ( eventually the same problem with cornfields? they explode and thats why we don't find some?)
- sometimes if we cook something one of us put in the mats, the other can see them OR they get lost in nowhere
- a tool for the random gen would be nice to setup some things, like how big the map should, the percent of each biome eventually, the actually random gen map is a way to big for a intensiv exploration on foot
- stones in underground shown sometimes up with textures of gras or ores if some of them in the near
- if you pick up cobwebs from farmhouses the top will come down xD
- Drowning on land
- jump and walk on the water let look you like jesus walk OVER the water, not swimming in it
- sorry for my bad english :biggrin-new:

Kenny_66
08-19-2014, 06:25 PM
- a tool for the random gen would be nice to setup some things, like how big the map should, the percent of each biome eventually, the actually random gen map is a way to big for a intensiv exploration on foot

If I'm not mistaken, the Random Gen map is dynamically generated as you move around the map similar to Minecraft. So the map being to big to explore on foot is a matter of perspective. If there are limits, which there likely are, they seem pretty huge, which I for one like a lot. On a multiplayer server it means more room for more players.

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Will look into these. One bug per thread from now on.