PDA

View Full Version : Zombies spawning inside my house

Carrythxd
11-03-2013, 12:53 AM
So, some time ago I decided to move my house into the forest and I found a really nice cottage. After a while I had made it look great but I just had one problem, I needed to reinforce the roof so that zombies in the future patches wouldn't get thru it.
Well, it was going great until I removed that one last block which caused the whole roof to come down.. After that I started having the 'bug' that spawns zombies inside my house.

Every time I leave the house (sometimes I don't even need to leave the house) zombies spawn inside it. This wasn't a problem when I still had the roof that came with the house when I found it. And the zombies even spawn outside of the house, it's like a spawn location or something for them (?).
So I would like to ask, if somebody else is having this same problem and if there is possibly a fix for it or is the only way to fix this to change into a different house?

EDIT: They also seem to spawn when I disconnect from the session and join it again.

Berkan
11-03-2013, 12:56 AM
I have the same problem my advice is just set up some traps inside your house torches.
And just wait until alpha 2.

milton_71
11-03-2013, 12:57 AM
I think I remember FP saying that bedrolls prevents spawns near its placement.
Try placing one where they keep coming through?

Fox
11-03-2013, 01:18 AM
I built my base from scratch and I've never had a zombie spawn near or inside it (granted it's on a lake where zombies don't spawn anyways)... maybe it has to do with dark areas in or near the house (add torches)?.

Remember, just because the inside of a house never gets dark doesn't mean there's a light source preventing zombies from spawning in.

Carrythxd
11-03-2013, 01:18 AM
I have the same problem my advice is just set up some traps inside your house torches.
And just wait until alpha 2.

Just place many torches inside the house? Naah, it would look stupid :P But thanks anyway!

I think I remember FP saying that bedrolls prevents spawns near its placement.
Try placing one where they keep coming through?

I actually I have one, just near the place where they spawn. So that doesn't work for me =/ But thanks anyway!

I built my base from scratch and I've never had a zombie spawn near or inside it (granted it's on a lake where zombies don't spawn anyways)... maybe it has to do with dark areas in or near the house (add torches)?.

There is a lot of trees around the house, could those count as 'dark places'? And I have a few torches inside the house :P Not too many, because I don't want to house to be a light show haha

Fox
11-03-2013, 01:22 AM
nah, I don't think trees would be the cause, and if you have torches in the house, then they shouldn't spawn inside it. But you could try placing torches on the roof or near the roof to see if that helps at all... even if it's just for temporary sake.

Carrythxd
11-03-2013, 01:29 AM
nah, I don't think trees would be the cause, and if you have torches in the house, then they shouldn't spawn inside it. But you could try placing torches on the roof or near the roof to see if that helps at all... even if it's just for temporary sake.

I think I'll give that one a try. Thanks!

lubu8055
11-03-2013, 10:31 AM
torches do not stop the spawning of zombies, i have seen first hand that zombies spawn right beside torches. A Dev did say that multiple bedrolls do prevent zombies spawning and it has indeed worked for me but i guess it will not work for everyone. Beside all this the fact the op said "I needed to reinforce the roof so that zombies in the future patches wouldn't get thru it." is a big mistake anyway because your work will be lost on the next patch and you will have to start again.

Carrythxd
11-03-2013, 11:39 AM
torches do not stop the spawning of zombies, i have seen first hand that zombies spawn right beside torches. A Dev did say that multiple bedrolls do prevent zombies spawning and it has indeed worked for me but i guess it will not work for everyone. Beside all this the fact the op said "I needed to reinforce the roof so that zombies in the future patches wouldn't get thru it." is a big mistake anyway because your work will be lost on the next patch and you will have to start again.

Well, I moved my bedroll a few blocks to the right and it seemed to work, I no longer have zombies spawning inside the house :) Just outside of it.
And yeah, I know but I don't really care. I really like building houses and stuff in this game :D

ashkroth
11-03-2013, 11:45 AM
So, some time ago I decided to move my house into the forest and I found a really nice cottage. After a while I had made it look great but I just had one problem, I needed to reinforce the roof so that zombies in the future patches wouldn't get thru it.
Well, it was going great until I removed that one last block which caused the whole roof to come down.. After that I started having the 'bug' that spawns zombies inside my house.

Every time I leave the house (sometimes I don't even need to leave the house) zombies spawn inside it. This wasn't a problem when I still had the roof that came with the house when I found it. And the zombies even spawn outside of the house, it's like a spawn location or something for them (?).
So I would like to ask, if somebody else is having this same problem and if there is possibly a fix for it or is the only way to fix this to change into a different house?

EDIT: They also seem to spawn when I disconnect from the session and join it again.

The problem here my friend is that zombies in the current build they will spawn inside all premade houses your safest bet will be to make your
place from scratch somewere on the side of the road where there are no houses near it. not far from housing areas but like a 3 min walk from them is fine.
i did this and i have only seen 1 zombie in my house and its a 3 floor house the roof is my farming spot and thats when that 1 zombies spawned. other then that my mining hole is inside of a near lake and nos inside or to near my fort because zombies will dig to find you, so in the lake they will gater and sometimes dig but they will never reach you.

Berkan
11-03-2013, 12:23 PM
The problem here my friend is that zombies in the current build they will spawn inside all premade houses your safest bet will be to make your
place from scratch somewere on the side of the road where there are no houses near it. not far from housing areas but like a 3 min walk from them is fine.
i did this and i have only seen 1 zombie in my house and its a 3 floor house the roof is my farming spot and thats when that 1 zombies spawned. other then that my mining hole is inside of a near lake and nos inside or to near my fort because zombies will dig to find you, so in the lake they will gater and sometimes dig but they will never reach you.
Thanks for the tips my house always was getting smashed lol.
I was always wondering because there were 100 of traps outsides.

Carrythxd
11-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Aah, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely make my own house in Alpha 2! :D

JayzenFreeze
11-05-2013, 06:49 AM
yeah zombies have a tendency to spawn especially in the attic. Sometimes they end up on my roof and I don't know they're there till they dig through.even building your own house you can accidentally build on a spawn point not knowing it. I hope it is fixed soon.

Fox
11-05-2013, 07:38 AM
I hope they make zombie spawns set at a proper default distance away instead of pre-defined locations so long as the chunks are loaded. I'd like to see them spawn in on the very edges of loaded chunks so it's actually possible to clear an area and feel safe for a while. Believe me when I say ppl will forget to pay attention to zombies creeping up on you when you haven't needed to attack a zombie for a while... but... they need to make zombies quieter when not seen yet. (most ppl die in Minecraft because of that, creepers have earned their name).

Carrythxd
11-05-2013, 07:46 AM
yeah zombies have a tendency to spawn especially in the attic. Sometimes they end up on my roof and I don't know they're there till they dig through.even building your own house you can accidentally build on a spawn point not knowing it. I hope it is fixed soon.

Aah, I havent really had too many bases on attics so I dont know about that zombie spawning on attics problem but I have seen many attics that are full of zombies when looting for stuff.

I hope they make zombie spawns set at a proper default distance away instead of pre-defined locations so long as the chunks are loaded. I'd like to see them spawn in on the very edges of loaded chunks so it's actually possible to clear an area and feel safe for a while. Believe me when I say ppl will forget to pay attention to zombies creeping up on you when you haven't needed to attack a zombie for a while... but... they need to make zombies quieter when not seen yet. (most ppl die in Minecraft because of that, creepers have earned their name).

Agreed. The zombie spawns are pretty stupid at the moment but the game is still in Alpha! :)