PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Placed a torch, quickly removed, building fall down go boom...

grrantu
08-19-2014, 03:24 AM
New game, Single Player, 9.0.
So I was building a small tower. It's just 6 blocks high, the last two blocks extend out from the 3X3 center for 3 more blocks. So the center is 3X3, the top is/was 6X6. When I was all finished, I happen to have a torch. I thought I would put it on the corner. I wanted it on the side, but missed and placed it on the bottom of the upper level. I removed the torch, and most of the tower collapsed hehe. Here is a screen shot of what was left. The core of the center is hollow with a ladder that goes down into the stone and then a single block tunnel went to one side Those are the only blocks missing from under the structure.

Drakkar77
08-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Divide the max load of a block by it's mass and that will tell you how far it can exist outward and still hold integrity. If there are still problems you have a bug.

grrantu
08-19-2014, 06:31 AM
I think the point is it was fine until I removed the torch. If it is going to fall, it should just fall. It only gets lighter when you remove things.

Diotom
08-19-2014, 09:54 AM
I ve noticed that, when facing issues with integrity check of the building : adding a torch and then removing it seems to force some integrity check of the structure and so my badly constructed structure ( too weak base ) was destroyed (repeated several times while mining also). Plus it seems there is a bug with wood structure close to pillars.

Kenny_66
08-19-2014, 06:13 PM
I've also noticed while mining that if you dig out a chunk of stone that has ore above it, the 2 to 3 blocks above it will collapse. Not sure if that is intended, but I've lost a few blocks of ore that way.

LarsingeM
08-19-2014, 10:15 PM
In the previous version game i once went into a already in game house. I went to the second floor and picked up a chair. The whole floor then collapsed. That says a lot about how unstable the world blocks was and still are. Im sure they will tend to the matter in due time tho.

Drakkar77
08-20-2014, 04:05 AM
After playing today I'll have to agree with op. I had a farm on the top floor of a parking structure. Just 1 layer of dirt 5 x 24 with a hold 1 x 24 cut out for a water channel. Was fine for a long time growing stuff and walking on it. We went a little ways off to mine some iron scrap, just 3 or so city blocks. We came back and the farm area had collapsed. It should have easily held that weight based on the structural integrity formula. There is something seriously wonky with the physics of blocks right now.

Pureh8tred
08-20-2014, 06:55 AM
I am running into some seriously screwed up physics as well, doing a cell build and for some odd reason the part of the build im on now which is the same pattern i have repeated on several spots isn't holding its 2nd floor, not even metal trussing is working with keeping the blocks from falling.

Pureh8tred
08-20-2014, 11:32 AM
here is screenshot, the spot with no wood/trussing will not support me walking on it. there is even a 3x3 colum of trussing in the center of that room aswellhttp://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145751667/screenshots/

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Stability is getting a bit of a rework sometime in the future

Ariel
08-21-2014, 02:03 AM
This happens with the two floor farms too. When you remove something that's touching the roof the entire structure falls. I died many times because of this.

Stability is getting a bit of a rework sometime in the future

That's great!