PDA

View Full Version : AI Spider Zombies ducking when attacked

Euzio
08-19-2014, 08:16 AM
I think it was in A7 or so that they fixed Spider Zombies ducking when attacking. However, it does seem that the bug has made a return here. Its not consistent as they sometimes do and sometimes don't. What I noticed is that sometimes, when I melee attack them, instead of flinching, they'd duck down and immediately pop back up and hit me. Sometimes so quickly that I can't step back to dodge their attacks in time.

Anyone else experienced this?

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 03:14 PM
"Sometimes" is not reliable, anything specific you do to make it happen reliably?

N_MacKinnon
08-20-2014, 04:30 PM
I noticed that as well. I started in 8.8 and it barely happen. Now I notice at least 80% of the time they duck and attack. I adapted by watching for that and backing away as soon as I see it but for reliability. I hadn't noticed a reliable way of making them do this other than it happens only during melee.

Gilthanaz
08-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Can confirm this.

Walk right at spider zombies, use Fire Axe: Swing at head. He will often "duck" away; It's not really ducking, tho, it looks more like the unity hit animation goes bonkers and kicks right into the middle of the crawl-on-all-four animation for a few frames. Then he stands up, resets to default stance and continues normal from there.

I could reproduce it 6-7 out of 10 tries.

- G

gcomerfo
08-20-2014, 07:09 PM
I thought maybe they made him harder to tangle with along with his tricky slap attack.

(Also, when I first read the thread title, I thought it said "duck-ling", so I had this bizarre image come into my mind of a zombified spider-duck, lol)

Kalex
08-21-2014, 02:21 AM
Whenever I fire at a spider zombie with a crossbow, if I don't get a kill shot on the first hit, it will duck down *just* as I fire the second bolt and the second bolt will miss it.