PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Player 1st person standing perspective too low

macsnide
08-19-2014, 03:52 PM
This seems to have changed slightly in A9. The 1st person view perspective when standing makes the player to be around 4.5 feet tall. This is noticeable when looking forward which puts eye view slightly above the first block height or at chest level with zombies.

Ideally the player standing perspective should be closer to 6ft (standard for FPS) which also makes a more noticeable difference between crouching and standing.

As a side note... a separate consideration would be to allow the player to crawl through 1 block high spaces when crouching. This would change some game dynamics a bit though - not sure if that has been considered.

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Looking into what can be done

Harmfuleffect
08-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Thank you for looking into this. I noticed this too.

tmanpdx
08-26-2014, 10:52 PM
I just wanted to say since I read this bug report, I can't unsee this problem. I feel like a munchkin walking around.

Funny thing is before I read this, I didn't notice it.

dagnabit

Henshaw
08-27-2014, 10:29 AM
I thought that the grass models were made bigger (I think it was the green bushes last time), but after reading this, I have to say that's not the case. Everything in the world feels actually bigger now in comparison to earlier at 8.8, so maybe the player shrunk...

MobiuS
08-27-2014, 09:39 PM
+1 to this thread.

KxKx
08-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Yeah I have always thought it was a bit low but now its super low.
But even before, door knobs were like eye level... lol