PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Loot respawn

swalke813
08-19-2014, 10:10 PM
I don't know if it has been noticed. But I have seen that if you don't empty a container of any loot, it won't respawn loot. That forces you to empty even the trash from any container you want to eventually loot again. I did not see this in Alpha 8

nitnoid
08-19-2014, 10:25 PM
I'm playing on a mp server and when someone has already checked a container and left things inside, you are correct, no loot spawns. HOWEVER, if you take out what they left behind, look away, and back again, it'll show the container as untouched. You can then reloot it with new stuff inside. Probably a bug though, and I haven't tried it on my sp game yet.

swalke813
08-19-2014, 11:30 PM
I just confirmed that part about emptying it, and then it shows untouched. My game is single player. I went through days before and looted. When I went back, anything where I left 'trash' did not respawn loot. This is a new bug, as far as i can tell.

Drakkar77
08-20-2014, 03:51 AM
As far as I've seen of alpha 8 this happened there as well. And I don't think this is a bug, I would expect new loot not to come into a container if it wasn't empty to begin with.

nitnoid
08-20-2014, 09:28 AM
As far as I've seen of alpha 8 this happened there as well. And I don't think this is a bug, I would expect new loot not to come into a container if it wasn't empty to begin with.

I do agree with this, however, it seems to me that if loot is going to respawn, it would have to wait the prescribed setting of days before you see new loot in the box, instead of appearing instantly after you loot the old loot. Depends on what the devs intended I'd imagine.

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 02:29 PM
We'll look into it