PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Zone Boundary Spawn Rate

Zourin
08-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Something in the spawn algorithm is causing biome boundaries to have an absurd spawn rate for entities.

Approaching a biome boundary will typically cause a dozen or so zombies to spawn within a 50-75 block radius (usually with blatant pop-in), in addition to almost the biomes' full allocation of deer, pigs, and rabbits.

This was present in earlier versions, however, the 'welcoming parties' of the Navasgane were never this egregious, nor was the ease of hunting for meat. Now, everything spawns on contact with the new biome, and the remainder of the biome remains completely empty aside from periodic horde spawns and POI guards.

Drakkar77
08-20-2014, 03:56 AM
I believe that zombies in a biome do spawn in the middle it just takes several ingame hours for them spawn if you killed the ones near the borders.

But for the most part I agree completely with what you said.

Euzio
08-20-2014, 04:27 AM
Probably explained why when I arranged to meet another player to trade with him some items in the boundary between the wasteland and forest that we had a huge number of zombies spawning and coming straight for us. I actually saw a zombie dog spawn right next to him whilst he was shooting other zombies that had spawned nearby... In the end, we had to go all Rambo mode before we could get down to trading our items....

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Spawn code is getting a re-work at some point.