PDA

View Full Version : Floating Island?!?

Grog Grueslayer
08-20-2014, 04:43 AM
When the A9 update came out the first thing I wanted to try is making a base in a random world over water and found a 7 block deep area of water. After I made a few (what I call) Breathing Stations at the bottom of the lake (an upside down L shape out of wood frames) I noticed the zombies destroyed the bottom two blocks and they didn't fall down.

So I tried an experiment. It's possible to create an actual floating island by putting wood blocks (or anything probably) from the bottom of a lake to close to the waters surface. Then put down dirt to create an island that appears to be totally zombie proof since zombies just walk on the bottom of the lake.

I haven't tried building anything on top of the island (wanted it for crops). Has anybody discovered this and have you tried to build a structure on top of the floating island?

Fr0gb0mber
08-20-2014, 08:14 AM
Will have to try this!

Euzio
08-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Indeed! Anyway it does stand to reason that if you have an island made of wood it will float :P

Fox
08-20-2014, 08:38 AM
lol, that won't last long... I can guaranty that... it's cool though... thanks for sharing with us.

Topic moved to bugs section.

Grog Grueslayer
08-20-2014, 09:15 AM
lol, that won't last long... I can guaranty that... it's cool though... thanks for sharing with us.

Topic moved to bugs section.

Np. :-)

I found out it's best to leave at least one layer of wood frames just under the surface for stability. Sometimes with just dirt some will fall after a while.

Hopefully this bug will eventually be allowed so we can make houseboats. :-)

Here's some pics from above my base and under water.

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Will look into, probably fix

Ariel
08-21-2014, 01:58 AM
It is possible, one of my friends showed me how to in a server where he's administrator... it's hard to do anyways.