PDA

View Full Version : AI Zombie AI and attacking blocks randomly or in the way

ValynHernalth
08-20-2014, 05:47 PM
The zombie AI it attacking things randomly even if they are not in the way. blocks of dirt below them or in front of them.

:frown: This has been an issues from the start and still not fixed. Honestly, I would be extremely happy to see a smarter ai that has pathing so they will go around houses and buildings. leave rooms and go around objects. Zed should have no reason to attack anything unless they are in a closed room and cant get out or when they sense the player.

:pray: Please for the love of Game Immersion, AI sake, and player building projects fix this! :pray:

I have had so many building projects ruined on my MP server because the AI refused to go around.
I have tied everything i can think of. Making the 1x1 block pillars every 7 blocks as a raised platform to allow them to run under it, the walls, the pits and the moats but nothing stops them from attacking things for now reason.

===================
Ooops i posted this in the Bugs forum. Can someone move this to the correct forum?

DocHussey
08-20-2014, 10:26 PM
They are brainless. "Wall in way, break wall. Ug smack. Wall go away"

Drakkar77
08-21-2014, 03:40 AM
They are brainless. "Wall in way, break wall. Ug smack. Wall go away"

I love zombie movies and lure, anything zombie, I've heard of them trying to break stuff unless they know you're in the building.

LorenzoMatterhorn
08-24-2014, 07:45 PM
From my limited time in the game it does seem that the zombie AI could use a little work. I've seen them countless times attack a wall directly adjacent to the doorway instead of using the doorway. Maybe a quick pathing check would be in order so that if they find a route to the player that is, say, less then 25% longer than a direct wall-smashing path they use it instead.

As it stands now zombies aren't much of a danger to the player, only to structures.

flux.faraday
08-24-2014, 07:53 PM
They're zombies, who knows what they think? A rifle is a nice antidote.

gcomerfo
08-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Maybe beating on a random wall or hill eases the frustration of hunger for fresh meat.