PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Partner Comments

phunkninja
11-21-2013, 05:20 AM
+1 to DocHussey, you get the Seal of Approval from me, and everyone else who knows you well.

AU servers coming up shortly!

HFGameServers.com
11-21-2013, 05:29 AM
Australia servers are now live, they will be added soon and hfgameservers.com is saying a massive thank you for letting us into the family and we hope to keep providing you with the best servers available!

onedelta1
11-21-2013, 06:56 AM
one question about the coop survival server. when it resets do our creations get destroyed would like to know before me and some friends make a big compound and waste a day or two :)

DomIsAmazing27
11-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Do we not get to be recommended? :(

ShadowWolfAlpha
11-21-2013, 08:07 AM
I feel like you should at least direct people to a guide for Portforwarding so people won't be charged an insane amount for 3rd party hosting :/

Rigan
11-21-2013, 08:20 AM
I feel like you should at least direct people to a guide for Portforwarding so people won't be charged an insane amount for 3rd party hosting :/

$40 for 32 players is hardly an insane amount...not when you have a good group of people willing to donate to for the server, that's $1.25 each per month.

Would be nice to see discounted billing cycles though, like 3,6 and 12 month plans, which are usually standard by now for server hosting.

P.s nice idea with the teamspeak! will check it out later on.

phunkninja
11-21-2013, 09:58 AM
If HFG don't see your post by the time I jump on the TS, I'll mention that to them.

As a customer of theirs (Hostile Faction Gaming) - I can honestly say they're one of the best server hosts I've been with. They're not faceless forms you type in, they're actual people.. just like you and me. Except they probably work more. But primarily they make game servers because they're gamers themselves.

Hostile Faction have a 30 slot for $32 - that's about $1 per slot. I know its two less slots, but hey - quality over quantity as far as I'm concerned. Their AU servers are.. well, it's like playing SSP, with other people. On their US/EU servers, I hit about 210~220ms. Good enough for me!

milton_71
11-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Just set up a donation thing if you own a server you'd be surprised how many people chip in if they have a good time.

Stisis
11-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Portforwarding differs on what modem you use. It would be highly impractical to release a full guide. Also, there is a guide already made in the 7daystodiewiki.

also, portforwarding.com has individual guides specifically for YOUR modem. As i said, its different for every person.

eggster
11-21-2013, 03:19 PM
I gotta say, HFG's Chicago based server is amazing.

DocHussey
11-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Co-Op Survival and PvP Survival never reset! As long as they stay alive, that is.

onedelta1
11-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Co-Op Survival and PvP Survival never reset! As long as they stay alive, that is.
thank you for the reply
+1 for this server it rocks and /bump

HFGameServers.com
11-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Thank you for your kind words eggster, i would like to say that we now have (AU) Sydney, Australia servers available and we also have three public AUS servers up to freely play on.

I gotta say, HFG's Chicago based server is amazing.

Trekkan
11-21-2013, 11:22 PM
One of the things that caused me to run my own server (I was hosting with one of the above mentioned providers), is that I'm in the US and their support seemed to be in the UK or something. Either way, I had to wait full days to get replies to server down issues, and when a new alpha comes out, it can take a day or more depending on the update to get your server updated and running again. Then again, I'm perfectly capable of figuring out the issues on my own and other people are not or just don't want to. So... hosting is a good option for many people for various reasons.

I can't completely blame the host though, as this is alpha and things are changing a lot, it's hard to keep up. But that being said, I can't see why these hosts aren't given advanced copies to at least know what they are going to have to update before the new version is mass released. Considering that people get advanced copies to post videos on youtube...

onedelta1
11-22-2013, 06:42 AM
great moderators for the server gotta thank DocHussey for his prompt support after some griefers decided to ruin our base.

DocHussey
11-22-2013, 06:59 AM
No problem Delta, sorry I couldn't do more. Gonna talk with the big guys and see if we can't implement something a little cleaner in case of a next time.

Gali Matias
11-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Do these servers bug out like our private servers do? Is it too early to ask that question?:P

BTW, i was in the co-op server yesterday when alot of us lost all our stuff to a server reboot. No biggie, alpha'N all. But I just want to build big stuff without losing it after a day or two:)
I'll join in again sometime later today to see what's up.

Cheers DocHussey, you the man/woman or whatever you are!:)

Kurogo
11-22-2013, 08:21 AM
I've been playing on the CHI server, seems pretty solid. Sorry to hear about your base 1delta. Hopefully they dont find mine.

onedelta1
11-22-2013, 08:33 AM
I've been playing on the CHI server, seems pretty solid. Sorry to hear about your base 1delta. Hopefully they dont find mine.

yea man our problem was using the capital building in graves town kinda attracted griefers cause you know people dont like you to have nice things lol base has sense been moved to a different location

winter
11-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Just tried out both Aussie servers which I appreciate greatly. Unfortunately no one else was on at the time and the game is freakin scary by yourself! lol

Kurogo
11-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Ok -1 for the CHI server. Lost 4 days of work because they cant recover from an earlier save. Makes it a bit sketchy on wanting to rebuild.

DocHussey
11-23-2013, 02:25 AM
Yeah, there was some serious issues, the map was pooched and the backup failed. Things are fixed now, sorry mate.

Kurogo
11-23-2013, 03:27 AM
Ugh. I just cant get restarted now. I log in, with the same stuff I had this morning. After a few hours of harvesting metal and sand, I go to start collecting stone. After a few deaths to ghost zombies I decide perhaps I should exit out to clear my cache. After logging back in, I am back where I originally started. All the stuff I had this morning, but none of the stuff I got in the last couple hours of work. Starting to get frustrated.

Object
11-23-2013, 06:38 AM
I can't see why these hosts aren't given advanced copies to at least know what they are going to have to update before the new version is mass released.

This is something I'm interesting in knowing as well and would love to get a dev response to this. Are these two hosts given early copies of the versions so they can test it with their own hardware to make sure it's stable?

I'm in communication with Multiplay as well and they're very interested in setting up clanforge to run this, the only thing holding them back is demand. One of the admins responded to me the other day and said he was polling his team to see if they believe they can get enough demand to make it worth their time.

At this time Multiplay is one of the largest Minecraft hosts out there. I'm also e-mailing killerbees from KBG Servers, he's one of the largest industrialcraft hosts, they specialize in mostly modded MC clients like TFC and IC2/BC, etc etc.

sidfu
11-23-2013, 06:46 AM
dont matter what server host u use till they fix data corrupting or bugging out u wind up restarting the map and losing all day every day or 2

DocHussey
11-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Sad news... Game file corruption rendered the map completely unplayable on the US Co-op server, so another regrettable rest had to happen. A backup wouldn't have staved this off for long, I've sent word to the person who deals with this section to see if there's anything that can be done in the future. If there are any issues on any other server, drop me a PM as soon as possible and I'll get to it as quickly as I can.

~Doc out.

onedelta1
11-23-2013, 08:41 AM
so basically blowing everything up and destroying all of jbay's 100's of campfires didnt fix it?.....damn lol

HFGameServers.com
11-23-2013, 10:16 AM
That's not true, with our system you can set scheduled restarts daily and all data will be saved.

dont matter what server host u use till they fix data corrupting or bugging out u wind up restarting the map and losing all day every day or 2

mgs1302
11-23-2013, 01:29 PM
the first server i tryid to get a server with was blackbox i dont know if it was just me there was unlucky but i paid 2 times via paypal and i got a mail about the payment but no money transfer from my bank acc and i never got a server but then i found hf game server and i really like those guys easy payment fast help and when the alpha 3 came out somthing happent and i was unable to find my server i made a ticket and less than 1 hour i had my server running again and got 33% on the next billing for the inconvenience that is a great service

Kurogo
11-23-2013, 02:58 PM
That's not true, with our system you can set scheduled restarts daily and all data will be saved.

I'm really hoping your system is working now. I've lost all my progress twice so far....

sidfu
11-23-2013, 05:05 PM

still wont work. its not your servers its the game. once anythiing say like a zombie stuck on a lake appears it cascades and comptely messes up the game.

ive already been on 2 servers with daily resets. one was just to back up and other was to comptely reset map no matter what both would become messed up within a few days. the game builds up to many errors and exceptions. play a solo private game u get erros for everything fro picking up some grass to just a zombie spawning.

Kurogo
11-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Really wish the server was moderated. Oranix and Istanbul are sitting there griefing and player killing. Not sure how PvP got switched on, let alone god mode, and how they spawn right after a server reset with full stacks of ammo and all weapons....With all the problems and now this..I'm going to have to recommend avoiding these servers.

phunkninja
11-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Dude, it can be sorted out - and as for those griefers? Chances are they weren't using a legit version of the game. Measures are being taken to hopefully battle this.

Kurogo
11-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Well, half a day later. Still not sorted out.

Brains
11-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Kurogo, Can you create a thread in the multiplayer section with your issues? That way it will be easier for the server company staff to manage?

brumby
11-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Sad news... Game file corruption rendered the map completely unplayable on the US Co-op server, so another regrettable rest had to happen. A backup wouldn't have staved this off for long, I've sent word to the person who deals with this section to see if there's anything that can be done in the future. If there are any issues on any other server, drop me a PM as soon as possible and I'll get to it as quickly as I can.

~Doc out.

this happens to every server I have seen that runs past 30-40 days , you start getting zombie freezes , blocks not dropping (i.e. mining does not make stone drop ) errors in inventory when logging in and out ( I.e. you lose all progress and revert to pre bug items) this is the stability issue I have been harping on for weeks in the forums and no one seems to want to address this issue at all, pointless to do a survival map when it is just going to fail after a few weeks of in game time. so play horde with a reset after 6-9 days so it does not have time to bug out. until TFP fixes those annoying stability issues :(

HFGameServers.com
11-25-2013, 12:44 AM
Alpha 4 has now been updated in all our locations.

onedelta1
11-25-2013, 12:46 AM
HAZZA! beer and whores for every body!

Kurogo
11-25-2013, 05:24 AM
Please remember to turn creative mode off on the CHI server this time

HFGameServers.com
11-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Hay, just a quick update to let you know that we are rolling our a 33% discount on our 7 Days to Die servers in all locations.

Use the following promotion code on checkout to receive your discount and you can use this code unlimited times but only once per order.

Promotion Code: J7EGL3LYC6

HFGameServers.com
11-26-2013, 12:04 AM
Hay, just a quick update to let you know that we are rolling our a 33% discount on our 7 Days to Die servers in all locations.

Use the following promotion code on checkout to receive your discount and you can use this code unlimited times but only once per order.

Promotion Code: J7EGL3LYC6

Angelo Monharti
11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
just saying, I was on the chigaco co-op no-pvp server and about 20 mins ago (6:00am eastern standard time) the server kicked me off, and when I re-logged I spawned very far away from my base and my whole inv was deleted... I ran back to my base and it was still there although my bed/sleeping bag was glitched and i had to break it, but everything else was fine. Pissed that I lost my inv though, I keep everything in there because people just raid my chests.

HFGameServers.com
11-26-2013, 12:02 PM
The public servers are set to restart every three hours.

sidfu
11-26-2013, 08:54 PM
server not worth playing on i it resets every 3 hours.

HFGameServers.com
11-28-2013, 10:52 AM
We would like to let you know on the 1st December we will be launching our Christmas specials and we will have a massive discount of 66% off all servers!!!

HFGameServers.com
11-28-2013, 10:57 AM
We would like to let you know on the 1st December we will be launching our Christmas specials and we will have a massive discount of 66% off all servers!!!

HFGameServers.com
12-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Don't forget we are doing a massive 66% off in the next couple of hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HFGameServers.com
12-01-2013, 01:43 AM
HFGameServers.com is offering 66% on 7 Days to Die. This sale starts on December 1st and runs through December 31st!
So don't hesitate to get in on this massive savings now!

From all of us at HF Gameservers, have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
Thank you all for making 2013 a fantastic year!!

Sincerely,

Daniel Freeman, CEO
HF Gameservers

zespian
12-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Okay so a friend and I recently bought a server from HFGameServers and he got a confirmation email. What else are we suppose to do? I checked the 7 Days to Die servers and it ain't on there. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Figured out how to do everything.

HFGameServers.com
12-05-2013, 01:17 PM
We have just launched a new server in Germany so order quick as there will only be limited servers available!

Stisis
12-08-2013, 02:38 AM
Blackbox has very good and stable servers; as far as that is concerned I give them a 10.
But their customer support is awful!

Pete and I have had a ticket waiting for almost 24 hours now, without our issue being resolved, AND they are giving us ZERO support!
Step up your game blackbox!

HFGameServers.com
12-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Don't miss our 66% discount 16 day's remaining Promotion Code: W8CIWJ2H6N,

we are now know as Fibre Servers http://www.fibreservers.com/

Grim Wolf
12-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I cannot connect to the co-op survival server, I have entered 184.154.116.98 in the "Server IP" and 25060 in the "port".

Dastir
12-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Misposted please remove=)

Radarade
12-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Haven't been able to connect to the coop server for weeks now. Each and every time I try I get the same "Connection Failed" error message. I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked to make sure I have all the info right and it just doesn't work.

Flow_Snake
12-28-2013, 11:16 PM
1+ HostileFaction Gaming :encouragement:

HFGameServers.com
12-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Thank's :)

1+ HostileFaction Gaming :encouragement:

j_dunn
01-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Just a tip for people, while hosted dedicated servers are nice, you can get a lot more with a VPS. Same price, run the number of servers you want, and can handle on it, and no slot restrictions. So want to host a 7DtD survival co-op, a 7Dtd survival with PvP on, and voice server all on the same box (and it can handle it) then you can rather than being more pigeon holed into a one size fits all type setting. Don't get me wrong, dedicated hosting like what these guys above offer is fantastic for those who just want to set up one thing and go, but there are other options out there which offer you more freedom in doing what you like with a server solution. Also gives you more freedom on trying new and different things (say seeing if you actually enjoy the PvP on or off) without affecting your primary server.

BluefangServers
01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Hey J_Dunn,

That is some good advice but the main reason GSP's offer their services are because the majority of users are not familiar with those types of systems. They need someone with the technical know-how to host their server for them and that is exactly what a company like us does for them. We charge them a small fee per slot every month to host their servers on our systems. We are able to run a business and they are able to enjoy gaming with their friends and community. Its a mutually beneficial relationship.

For the people who know how to use VPS and/or run their own dedicated machines we would definitely encourage them to do that if they want to be more in control. You can also get a lot more out of running your own hardware then you will get from a service like ours. If you know to how to do it, go for it! If not, that is where we come in :)

Shades
01-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I got a server from "Fibre Servers" but it's still running Alpha 5. How do I change that? Under products&service it says Alpha 6, but it's running Alpha 5 and thus I can't join my rented the server (if i want to play Alpha 6).

DrunkPunk
01-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Anybody know which ones of these server providers are running in Alpha 6? Don't see much mention on the pages, and I'd like to avoid spending more money without being able to easily do this.

DocHussey
01-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Of course, Fibre servers also was upgraded to A6 just before release as well ;)

Caedan
02-02-2014, 04:20 AM
Does anyone know the location of the USA Blackbox servers

Goobus
02-13-2014, 03:33 AM
Too bad most of you guys dont support Australian Server rentals or are Out of Stock. :( I would have rented a server to play with my friends.

blake12377
02-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Too bad most of you guys dont support Australian Server rentals or are Out of Stock. :( I would have rented a server to play with my friends.

Hey Goobus,

We might be able to work you something out over at 7dtdserverhosting.com. Please send in a ticket with what your looking to get.

Goobus
02-13-2014, 05:10 AM
Hey Goobus,

We might be able to work you something out over at 7dtdserverhosting.com. Please send in a ticket with what your looking to get.

Cheers Blake, Ill do just that.

Falconburger
02-13-2014, 10:40 PM
I'm been unable to log into my Fibre servers 7days server for 3 days. I can't even log into their front end websites client area. 0 response from emails I've sent to them either - is there something broken about their service at the moment?

Wyrmwood
02-21-2014, 02:42 AM
I am running Fibre Servers and no issues other than not being able to run the updates. What is the issue with the official team speak server? I been trying to connect to it. But it keeps saying no server found.

Falconburger
03-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Fibre servers have lost their aussie server - rebuild in progress. I'm not sure if the worlds on it are backed up or not.

Shumway
03-03-2014, 12:27 AM
So it's just Australia? Would have been good to get some notification from the fibreservers team.

Falconburger
03-03-2014, 06:22 AM
I only know about AUS because my servers offline so I contacted them. They say it will be sometime tomorrow before they are back up and running. Maybe with worlds intact but i'm not holding my breath. They are not very good at customer notifications. Unless you go seeking the info that is. Looking for alternative Australian servers now.

LOG
03-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Cool :D

DaddyPopo
03-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Which are the better of the two?

Joe. Blow
03-31-2014, 02:45 PM
I am using Blackbox and must say they are doing a great job. They're very quick at answering support tickets of any level and have a great control panel.

DocHussey
04-06-2014, 03:36 AM
http://www.fibreservers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/weblogo2.png (http://www.fibreservers.com/)

Good evening! As promised, Fibre Servers has been updated to 7.8. Our techs have been hard at work making sure that everything is ready and working for you. Well, minus the ability to add moderators through the config editor at the moment, looking into that with TFP staff hopefully tomorrow. Until then, please use the ingame commands to set your mods up. Make sure to take a look at the new ADMIN SETTINGS config editor to take advantage of the new command and permissions settings.
If you have any issues, feel free to contact our competent tech staff and we will get you sorted post haste! Remember, this is a MAJOR update, so there might be a couple unforeseen hitches and you WILL have to start a new world.

-Doc

PlugPayPlay
04-09-2014, 07:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/p5bSExc.png?1
PlugPayPlay is proud to be one of the recommended server partners.
For any questions feel free to contact us!

www.plugpayplay.com

MarkGrindcore
04-16-2014, 11:20 PM
So i purchased a 10 slot server from fiber and 2 hours later they have yet to deliver..Is this normal or?

BluefangServers
04-16-2014, 11:25 PM
We usually get services up for new orders within the first 30 minutes. Not sure what could be taking them so long. *shrug*

We had a TCA main crash. We've been scrambling to get it back online. Give me fifteen mins to make sure that your order completed and you'll be online

There is your answer :)

DocHussey
04-16-2014, 11:26 PM
We had a TCA main crash. We've been scrambling to get it back online. Give me fifteen mins to make sure that your order completed and you'll be online

UPDATE: You're online. Sorry for the delay

Zeklerium
04-20-2014, 06:19 PM
How much time does it take to update servers? I'm renting a server but they still haven't updated yet

PlugPayPlay
04-20-2014, 07:33 PM
PlugPayPlay has now added Steam update support!

Update your server whenever you want.

DocHussey
04-22-2014, 05:27 AM
FibreServers is updated and the configuration files are online, come and get 'em folks.

Reservoir_jess
05-01-2014, 05:45 AM
HOW ?? when??? WHERE????!?!?!?!

markedfordeth
05-10-2014, 06:33 PM
with both fibre servers and blackbox the response times to my tickets are usually within the first 20 minutes of post never have i had to wait a day or so for response.

Lonestarcanuck
05-22-2014, 08:31 PM
How do I setup my own server? I have 3 kids + myself that is 4 client licenses already purchase AND two friends next door. we have the hardware and class C IP address and host Minecraft servers. I would like to get the server bits for Windows Server 2012 please.

viking762
05-22-2014, 08:39 PM
the server bits and the client are the same - look in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die for serverconfig.xml and startededicated.cmd

Lonestarcanuck
05-22-2014, 09:26 PM
@viking762 - thanks for that!

now I have the bits on my server and putty.exe (telnet) to the server and I can run LP, etc. problem is I can't see the server from my client.
my server is on its own class C IP address 71.126.207.109 with port 2500. I am running Windows Server 2012 fully patched. my Minecraft server is running fine on a different port.

yes I did add the ServerIP value to the serverconfig.xml file.

DocHussey
05-22-2014, 10:27 PM
FibreServers is updated and online. Remember to read the release notes, update through the panel, and check your configs.

Lonestarcanuck
05-23-2014, 03:19 PM
I got my own server up and running with 10 slots on my 8-way i7/32Gig of RAM with Windows Server 2012R2. the game with 5 users gets to about 1G of RAM and 18% CPU we average 8-16ms ping! :)

my 3 boys are happy.

it was as easy as running steamCMD, then steamupdate.bat then changing the xml files and adding the correct ServerPort and ServerIP (I have 5 Class C IP addresses. also installing putty.exe for the Telnet.

Fingersniffer
05-23-2014, 11:26 PM
I had a Blackbox server for a week, to say that I was disappointed would be a vast understatement. In my 20 years in hosting/renting game servers and dedicated boxes never have I seen a more inept crew. The server was crashing every 15-30 minutes (don't give me the alpha excuses, I'll explain further down) and when I would contact their 'support' they were the slowest I've ever dealt with and were completely incapable of helping me or answering my questions. After waiting for days for responses and after getting rude responses when they bothered to respond at all I got frustrated and gave them a dose of honesty, they in turn banned me and refunded my money, completely unprofessional!

Here is my chief list of complaints:

1. updates to the game took days for them to create an installer for (because if you have ANY problems their go to response is to re-install the damn server files) so you couldn't even do as they suggested for days.

2. Tech support generally took them 18-24 hours to respond, and when they did respond it was usually something snarky and condescending and in some cases didn't even relate to the problem I had (IE I asked them about problems with their web interface and their solution was to tell me that a new patch for the game came out and then closed the ticket... wtf?)

3. Their server's are massively oversold hardware, and for those of you that aren't 'techie' that means a machine that should only run 4 game servers would be running 8. The server was the most unstable I had ever played on (even for 7 days to die)

4. Whoever sets up their servers are woefully incapable to handle the job, as witnessed by a complete inability to give server admins access to the files we need to run our servers, instead giving you a worthless GUI interface that lists about half the options in the serverconfig.xml.

Now, to address my comment about server stability, to ANYONE that says this game is unstable on a server needs to come check my new server (A VDS hosted by NFO, who has been super awesome I might add). I run Windows Server 2008 and my server is up 24/7 without a single crash! So do not give me some line about this game being a server and crashing all the time because if you are having this issue you need to make a choice to either accept that its your hosting provider and NOT the game. Now, that being said this game has it's issues, it still (8.2) has memory leaks and is using WAY more ram than it should, requiring me to restart the server about once a day, but my server is still stable as a rock.

In short, spend your money with anyone EXCEPT Blackbox, in 20 years of gaming and 12 years as a System admin /networking engineer I can tell you that you will not get your money's worth with them.

BluefangServers
05-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Wow Fingersniffer (funny name btw),

That is a very heartfelt post you have there. This is why we often wonder what methods or what the process is for developers to choose "recommended" or "official" hosts for their games. Judging by their website, Blackbox seems like a run of the muck dime a dozen hosting entity.

We don't use TCadmin or GameCP or any of those off the shelf panels because they just aren't able to give the type of flexibility and control as we want to give our clients. Yeah our panel is still in heavy development but we have so many ideas for it and have already implemented many new features to it like built-in full ftp access, limited command line access, restart scheduling and streamlining the update process. Yes our system does take some basic skills in FTP applications like FileZilla and some other applications but its certainly not difficult to figure out.

Regarding server stability the game is of course still in Alpha and it does mean random crashed and memory leak errors and crashing but it shouldn't mean constant downtime and inaccessibility. We don't guarantee or imply 99% up-time for an Alpha game but we usually see it unless there are situations that occur beyond our control (emergency maintenance or ddos attacks). It just requires constant monitoring and reboots. Our system does monitor it for crashes and it almost always automatically brings the server back online.

Regarding support we are a dedicated but small group of people that are determined to get ahead in this industry. We are now in our 3rd year of business and we seem to just be getting better and better at what we do. With combined knowledge spanning the last 15 years in game server hosting and data-center field work, we know what we are doing and can usually provide a solution given the issue is in our control.

NFO is a great hosting company and I know the guys running that place. They are good people and they also have a lot of knowledge about the industry. I'm sure you will enjoy their services (I have personally used them before I was a part of BFS).

Thanks for taking the time to read and we hope everyone can benefit from your post as well as ours.

Kind regards,

BluefangServers (www.bluefangsolutions.com)

GreyScales
05-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Has anyone heard from FibreServers since last Friday???

We've been unable to connect correctly to their control panel and they aren't responding to tickets or e-mails.

GS

Hunter
05-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Shamelessly butchering tcadmin as a panel is cheap. Opportunism to toot your own horn says allot. In reality it doesn't matter what panel ppl use as hosts, what matters is knowledge of the tools they use, knowledge of the games they provide, and firstly customer service, the rest is just an application and they all basically do the same function.

There are many good smaller hosts who provide both knowledge and customer service. Smaller companies that do not oversell have the advantage of providing better service and quicker response times I know this, because my host rocks, upates within an hour tickets answered within an hour or less. Can you say this BF?

Don't knock all smaller hosts simply because the few listed here are no good.

In fact, I have heard plenty of negative comments about Bluefang also. Its funny how some hosts climb over each other and drool like dogs in the end to slam each other and call themselves the better choice when clearly we all sit to take a dump in the end and BF you have had your share of problems.

As can be reviewed here: http://7dtdworld.enjin.com/forum/m/22099906/viewthread/12467576-blue-fang-out-fibre-servers-in

So clearly, the game has been a challenge for more than the 3 hosts listed here.

Althalos
05-29-2014, 06:13 PM
I think you missed the point of the post, I don't think it was an attack at all, in-fact he complements one of his competitors. From what I read it seems to me that the hosts that use these pre-made off-the-shelf panels don't have the expertise to effectively manage servers, support etc... and I agree. I would not want to pay for hosting from someone that didn't know the ins and outs of everything in their system. That includes the software that runs the service and you can't do that with off-the-shelf software you will never know what it is doing. I want a service that is built ground up by them that gives me full access to every file and services like blue fang's and others like nfo provide.

As to your post on a thread on another forum. It seems to me that he started the ticket by stating that he messed up his own server. He didn't show the end of the ticket or how it was resolved. I don't know that guy and would never assume to say what he was thinking or what he is like, but I think he just seems a little impatient and inexperienced. I bet you anything that the server problem was resolved shortly there after. I don't think that is an indication of any trouble hosting the game, just that some people can never be satisfied and jump to conclusions.

For full disclaimer, I am a happy http://BlueFangSolutions.com customer and have been since 7DTD was launched on steam. I have hosted with many different hosts across different games. I am not new to game servers or game hosting in general. These guys are awesome and like everyone they can get busy and a ticket may take a little longer then usual to be resolved. I can tell you this I have never waited more then 24 hours for any request.

Also the new 7 days to die patch has been great :) 7DTD RULEZ!

Hunter
05-29-2014, 07:02 PM
I don't think it was an attack as much at one company or the next but discounting Tcadmin panel or GameCP and then touting on to promote themself in a thread that is clearly targeting a host for complications that they have also experienced was not necessary.

It was unprofessional, and implying that TCAdmin was not flexible was far from true. The depth in those panels and its usage goes as far as the knowledge of the company who uses it. Vilayer and a few other very respected hosts use TCAdmin and that software is highly regarded.

It fully featured if used properly by the host, I do however regret saying that even "if the recommended servers are no good" that was poorly worded, what I ought to have said was that even though they have had problems hosting the game or dealing with tickets, no server host has been immune to the same, and neither has BF.

It is alpha after all, and it has to be a challenge to keep up. Especially when certain players expect a polished and smooth server experience, there are going to be issues.

Customer service is where it is at in an Alpha game.

Oh, and BTW that post was not my own and I was in no way a party to it, I used it to make my point. That, even BF has issues so really to discount and throw another host under the bus for having similar issues was unfair and imo lame.

Althalos
05-30-2014, 12:35 AM
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I see nothing unprofessional about letting people know that these off-the-shelf systems will never be able to provide the same kind of hosting solution that a system built from the ground up by the same company that hosts your games. I believe this was merely stating fact. Most host that use TCAdmin also use WHMCS to for their infrastructure. Both these pieces of software have long histories of security and infrastructure problems. TCAdmin in my opinion isn't flexible and I have always found the people that use it to be less then knowledgeable.

You don't have to agree but I can tell you I've been using TCAdmin on several host for over 3-4 years and the experience has always been less then stellar and inflexible. It is very opinionated about how it does things and is not always able to support games at launch, ex: Arma3. I think the more companies that take the time to design and build their own systems will show how TCAdmin is mediocre at best and most people I had interactions with agree. I would also never give my credit card/banking information to WHMCS shopping carts.

No one threw anyone under any buss, I think your trying to start some flaming where there is none going on. The fact is he complimented another host that they believe is reliable and uses similar philosophies to hosting. There is nothing wrong with that, but your assessment of them doing anything malicious, I just don't see it, and I think is wrong for you to state that.

The post you posted looked like rant post, if you look at his other posts its the same 2-3 people posting. It isn't indicative of anything other then a rant. Unlike the complaints about blackbox, which have been everywhere and on this forum and very informative.

Overall I agree that customer service is where it is at with any service. If you want a 24/7 company, that is knowledgeable has servers world wide and care about the experience their customers have, I would say that bluefangsolutions.com is unbeatable in that regard and that others like NFO are also viable alternatives.

Mike06
05-30-2014, 07:12 PM
http://www.fibreservers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/weblogo2.png (http://www.fibreservers.com/)

If you have any issues, feel free to contact our competent tech staff and we will get you sorted post haste!
-Doc

Yeah, nice that we -your paying customers- can feel free to contact your support. Though it would be much nicer if your support staff also felt the need to actually address thsoe contacts.
Last weekend when your server management service (not the game) was unusable for over 3 days I had no reply to support request for 3 days. You system crashed on friday on monday I guess someone had bothered to reboot it so I closed the ticked still not having being answered to.

And again today when your server management service had been unusable (not running) last 14h and no reply to my support requet for 12-14h.

Your customers should not even have to send a support request for you management tsystem crashing. Don't you have any monitoring system that alert when it detect that your management system is not running or even restarts it then automatically ?

Again these problems have nothing to do with the game, it if your VM host system and it's management system that is non operational.

Mike06
05-31-2014, 07:44 AM
New day and Fibre Servers management is still down and no reply from support. Last weekend their system was down for over 3 days and no reply to support request at all.

Now it is Saturday and their system crashed at 7 am on Friday, so I guess maybe by Monday someone might bother to press a button to reboot their server to fix this. Just like last weekend. Though last weekend I was lucky that my game server was running while Fibre Server's PoS management system was down I just could not restart game, this week end I am not so lucky.

I switch to another service provider but not even their FTP site is working now so I could download the the save game.

Hunter
05-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Althalos, there is no rant or flame here, just an observation and had you been the authority on game panels I would suck it up and accept your opinion but, your not and your clearly narrow on this topic. Most ppl using WHMCS don't collect your banking information as well, its usually the gateway. Your sly but not that sly and clearly your opinion is pointed at supporting BF so its not worth discussing with you.

WHMCS is a widely used application for processing orders, your statement implying it cannot be trusted is ridiculous. It doesn't matter which application is used to process transactions, fact is WHMCS is one of the bigger applications and most widely used, so again your making allot of opinionated references without knowing much about it.

Vilayer among some of the bigger hosts using TCadmin have fully functioning use out of it and its far from limited, your comment is from your experience with perhaps inexperienced hosts who didn't use it properly.

No point in arguing, we will agree to disagree being your experiences seem to have been poor with a few hosts than it must mean all hosts using it are inadequate. That is a ridiculous statement and its not worth arguing with you over.

Althalos
05-31-2014, 12:20 PM
@Hunter,

A simple google search for whmcs security vulnerabilities will show you a slew of huge bugs in their history(to many to post here). Ones that allow complete download of databases or exposes control of the system. No need to take my word for it just do a simple search. That is why I will not use a company that uses this software, it is just not safe.

Its a shame that you think my point of view is narrow and ridiculous, I don't have that view of you or your opinion. I am sure Vilayer is a good company and you have had a good experience with them. I have had over 4 years experience using different panels and different companies, I've installed TCAdmin, GameCP, Multicraft, McMyadmin, etc.... I can tell you there is a major difference between a custom system and TCAdmin/WHMCS and others.

Hopefully one day you will be exposed to software engineering and the likes and understand why they are poor products and why every cookie cutter company uses them. If you don't, ignorance is bliss. This will be my last word on the subject. :)

--------------------------
@Mike06

I am sorry that you have had so many issues with Fibre Servers, I am a happy BlueFangSolutions.com customer take a look and see if you like them.

Hunter
05-31-2014, 04:42 PM
Jesus Christ, give it a rest. Any reputable company using whmcs or any other software for that matter online should and is most likely be using ssl and other security measures in the systems and among the database. WHMCS has had huge improvements to those, and plenty of patch releases, as well. But you just go ahead and believe your the expert on this matter and quote ancient posts you google up if that suits you.

Just give it a rest, all software is vulnerable including BF's, its up to the companies using it to ensure it is secure and the systems are protected just like any other company which stores billing information.

We get your point, BF is god to you and they are ultimately the most bestest choice, god. And all others are inferior, give it a rest. You make alot of assumptions about other peoples knowledge of panels, I'm sorry but assume away, but you are far from the expert.

I happen to know about network and application security and I also know the panels and the software first hand, you jump to assume that you are the only person who knows about software engineering. Good grief you are into yourself deeply and judging by your signature you are a suck ass.

Hunter
05-31-2014, 05:10 PM
BF Panel:

BF panel allows you to "Start and Stop" view ip, and if you want FTP you can use 3rd party software, but is there more? no. That is body of the description of this softwares features and nothing more.

Sorry, but this sounds limited, given that TCAdmin V2 does so much more and it doesn't require 3rd party software to run your server, I believe this settles how comprehensive your argument is about the BF panel's superiority.

I would post TCAdmins but its too big of a list of features and is full of api's and can be customized heavily, ppl can of course view this comprehensive list at the link:

http://www.tcadmin.com/features.php

So really its a no brainer and no TCAdmin is not inferior, it is clearly fully featured and given the scripting and SDK it is highly flexible.

Pingperfect
06-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Pingperfect is now an official recommended server provider. As one of the oldest providers for 7DaysToDie but newest onto the list come and grab yourselves a now "Official" good server

*not that they were anything less than excellent beforehand :)

louis
07-08-2014, 07:29 PM
How does a currently non-recommended host offering 7 Days To Die servers go about becoming recommended?

PlugPayPlay
07-09-2014, 03:47 PM
ROAD TO 600

Get your friends to like our Facebook page and post your name on our wall. The most posted name will win a FREE game server FOR LIFE! (slots/memory depends variable depending on the game)

At 600 likes we are giving away a copy of 7DaysToDie.
https://www.facebook.com/plugpayplay/photos/a.297193537024270.76292.198794760197482/666421283434825/?type=1&comment_id=666478470095773&offset=0&total_comments=2&notif_t=photo_comment

danielfuzetto
07-18-2014, 11:46 PM
PluPayPlay is the better way!

Great Service and level of support.

+1.

iluvcheat
07-21-2014, 11:57 PM
blue fang solutions has great support and I didn't run into any problems as of yet, great hosting company.

SunGod
08-05-2014, 05:41 AM
I had a Blackbox server for a week, to say that I was disappointed would be a vast understatement.

I have to say that as admin of a MP system hosted by BlackBox, I'm extremely frustrated and very dissatisfied with their service. Our individual experiences may be different, but it seems the net result is quite similar: unhappy paying customers.

I've hosted my server with them for about 2 months now. Support ticket responsiveness for "high priority" tickets is sometimes about half an hour, sometimes it's 3+ hours --- like right now as I write this, I'm *STILL* waiting at about 3 hours for a "high priority" issue (server down) to be resolved. For all I know, they're down at the pub pounding back some pints and ignoring the "high priority" notifications they *should* be getting on their mobile devices. I've got players pinging me on Steam asking what's going on, and not a peep from BB support. I'm really frustrated. Another wasted night and wasted money, thanks for nothing BlackBox.

But the kicker was when BlackBox CHANGED MY SERVER IP AND PORT ADDRESS WITHOUT WARNING. Yup, you read that right. I have a dedicated server for a game where you *HAVE* to have a fixed IP and port address for player bookmarks to work, and BlackBox changed it without warning. No email warning. No control panel notification. NOTHING. I had to figure it out myself when nobody could connect - we lost almost the entire community I'd spent weeks building, and wasted hours of time running around trying to reach out to players through Steam, updating blogs, posting here in the forums, changing server configurations, FTP client configurations, Telnet configurations... I was FURIOUS. BlackBox's lame response was that they were "consolidating" IPs. Seriously? Dudes, if you're really a professional services company, you don't just "consolidate" servers without careful planning and advance notifications of those impacted to mitigate service interruptions. If you want to crush your reputation and create unhappy customers like me, then that was *exactly* the way to do it.

Oh, but they gave me *1* free week of service to try and make up for it... *rollseyes*... as if a free week will make up for causing me to lose half of my regulars permanently. When I told my players (the ones who did find their way back) about this, they were apalled. Just unacceptable.

As I write this I'm browsing other hosting companies, I think I'm pretty much done with Blackbox. I'm frustrated. My players are frustrated.

I can't recommend BlackBox based on my admin experience with them. In my opinion, go elsewhere.

To any other providers out there, let's talk.

SunGod
08-08-2014, 11:56 PM
As I write this I'm browsing other hosting companies, I think I'm pretty much done with Blackbox. I'm frustrated. My players are frustrated.

Following up on this, after yet ANOTHER outage today with absolutely zero response from BlackBox to a "high priority" ticket after 6+ hours, I've just fired BlackBox and signed up with Blue Fang.

Needless to say, my players are thrilled at this news. So am I. Based on my experience, my opinion is that if you sign up with BlackBox, good luck to you.

Euzio
08-09-2014, 01:39 AM
Following up on this, after yet ANOTHER outage today with absolutely zero response from BlackBox to a "high priority" ticket after 6+ hours, I've just fired BlackBox and signed up with Blue Fang.

Needless to say, my players are thrilled at this news. So am I. Based on my experience, my opinion is that if you sign up with BlackBox, good luck to you.

As a player on SunGod's server, gotta agree with him... TFP should remove BlackBox as a recommended server partner... They are absolutely horrendous... Changing server IP without warning, random outages, insane wait times on customer support, and they give crap reasons if queried on whats wrong....

SunGod
08-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Hey PlugPayPlay, maybe you should read my latest post before you spam my thread with a generic ad. You're too late. Sheesh.

Brains
08-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Isn't really your thread but you are right, his post should be created as its own thread in the Recommended Server Partners section. Post Moved.

Joe. Blow
08-17-2014, 03:28 PM
As a player on SunGod's server, gotta agree with him... TFP should remove BlackBox as a recommended server partner... They are absolutely horrendous... Changing server IP without warning, random outages, insane wait times on customer support, and they give crap reasons if queried on wh7753547468ats wrong....

I must say the posts giving Blackbox the ⤵are surprising to me.I've been a customer since 2/10 /14 with only a few issues most on me from a modded file mishaps or a few beers. 3 hours is the longest it's taken to get a response to a SR on high importance on a patch day. Even low has a response time in same 24 hours. I've got about 45 tickets with multiple back and forth conversasions . Sorry to hear some are not receiving good service. For me this has not been the case. I tend to start off my subject or end with a please help or thanks in advance for your help however! No service is perfect but being nice goes a long way.

Steamboat_Willy
08-20-2014, 10:37 PM
blue fang solutions has great support and I didn't run into any problems as of yet, great hosting company.

My son just cancelled a server with these guys, there support was non existent unless you pay an extra $10.00 a month for their premium silver support package. In their advertisement, it says nothing about having to pay extra for premium support and he was left on his own with a few links on how to change game settings via .xml file editing with FTP.

Bad form Blue Fang

BluefangServers
08-20-2014, 10:42 PM
My son just cancelled a server with these guys, there support was non existent unless you pay an extra $10.00 a month for their premium silver support package. In their advertisement, it says nothing about having to pay extra for premium support and he was left on his own with a few links on how to change game settings via .xml file editing with FTP.

Bad form Blue Fang

We would love to continue doing business with you if that is a possibility as we have performed all of the tasks you requested of us in a timely manner. The premium support is just an option and is not required to get a certain level of support here. It is only an option you can choose if you would like to have quicker and more efficient service on top of our already great service.

Feel free to continue to work with us in your ticket to achieve satisfactory results.

Steamboat_Willy
08-20-2014, 11:31 PM
We would love to continue doing business with you if that is a possibility as we have performed all of the tasks you requested of us in a timely manner. The premium support is just an option and is not required to get a certain level of support here. It is only an option you can choose if you would like to have quicker and more efficient service on top of our already great service.

Feel free to continue to work with us in your ticket to achieve satisfactory results.

Without going into the back and forth between my son and Josh, the reluctance to help him get his first ever server set up to his specifications is not what I would consider 'a timely manor'. The option of upgrading to the premium support package was suggested several times by Josh before he supposedly set this server up to the requested specs, we don't know because at that point you had already lost us as customers.

No hard feelings, we wish you luck with your business endeavors, it just wasn't the right choice of providers for a first time customer. I'm sure there are 7DTD server providers that would be more than willing to help a noob out getting his first server up and running properly without holding their hand out for extra fees and premium support additions.

BluefangServers
08-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Without going into the back and forth between my son and Josh, the reluctance to help him get his first ever server set up to his specifications is not what I would consider 'a timely manor'. The option of upgrading to the premium support package was suggested several times by Josh before he supposedly set this server up to the requested specs, we don't know because at that point you had already lost us as customers.

No hard feelings, we wish you luck with your business endeavors, it just wasn't the right choice of providers for a first time customer. I'm sure there are 7DTD server providers that would be more than willing to help a noob out getting his first server up and running properly without holding their hand out for extra fees and premium support additions.

We understand your frustration and are here to help anyone that needs that little bit of help. The technician in question may have been busy with other higher priority support issues at the time and was suggesting premium support packages as a way to receive quicker service. At this time it does look like everything you requested of the support team was handled in a timely manner regardless of whether or not a premium support package was offered to you or not. If you would like to continue services with us we would be more than happy to setup your service to whatever specifications would make it the most enjoyable for your son.

The tools to modify the server files were provided in your ticket as well as documentation on how to use the tools. The technician also briefly explained which file to look for and in which folder it was in that you needed to modify. He then also linked the following wiki page http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Server which shows you exactly what options do what and what values to change to modify the in-game experience on the game server.

Threatening to begin a chargeback process with your bank or credit card company and to use another provider isn't going to motivate us to help you and it gets you no where. Next time we highly recommend practicing a bit of patience so that a technician can return to your ticket at a later point and complete the tasks requested.

Please let us know in your ticket if you do plan to continue services. If not then we do wish you good luck with your next provider and we hope they will be as responsive and attentive as we have been.

Steamboat_Willy
08-21-2014, 12:36 AM
We understand your frustration and are here to help anyone that needs that little bit of help.

He asked for that little bit of help and got this
That is unfortunately not how this service works. We provide you with a dedicated server that we work to maintain and make sure stays up for you. If you would like to pay for a fully managed service where we do everything for you then feel free to purchase our Silver premium support package at http://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/premium where you pay $10 for 30 days of premium support on the Silver level.

And with regards to this.....

Threatening to begin a chargeback process with your bank or credit card company and to use another provider isn't going to motivate us to help you and it gets you no where.

Nope, he never threatened
I wish to cancel my agreement with Blue Fang.

After the fact customer support isn't really customer support, you just don't want your business practices exposed. Either put it in writing that quality customer support comes at an extra charge or just charge more and include it.

The only reason I made this post is because of the deception, perceived or real, that needed to be shared with this community. Defend it all you want, this was our experience and it was rather unpleasant.

BluefangServers
08-21-2014, 01:21 AM
He asked for that little bit of help and got this

After the fact customer support isn't really customer support, you just don't want your business practices exposed. Either put it in writing that quality customer support comes at an extra charge or just charge more and include it.

The only reason I made this post is because of the deception, perceived or real, that needed to be shared with this community. Defend it all you want, this was our experience and it was rather unpleasant.

Just wanted to clarify a few things for the "community" since we are providing some knowledge to them.

If you are going to quote someone you need to quote the entire message and not just snippets of the message that make the person being quoted look bad. Josh explained in detail how our service works and what you can do to receive a quicker service if you so choose to take advantage of what is offered. He also explained how we are working to provide the customer with a new control panel that has a lot more features added to it than the current one has. This is to ensure a more user friendly experience for future and current customers. In your post you cut out at least half of what was said in the ticket post.

http://puu.sh/b1af5/27288e53f3.png

I'd also like to point out that you were in no way cooperative or at least willing to try and learn how to use the tools we provide you with to edit and modify the server settings as you desired. You expected us to immediately assist and do something that would have taken maybe 5-10 minutes of your time. Changing your server settings is not a support issue that is a totally separate request to do something for you that you could easily do yourself. If you had at least tried to do it once or twice and ended up not being able to figure it out we would have gladly provided assistance at that point in time as it would have merited our help:

http://puu.sh/b1ad2/b545905bf9.png

The technician decided to make the changes for you despite your request being something above and beyond a normal support issue:

http://puu.sh/b1bfm/db021e4a4f.png

You then proceeded to be very sarcastic with our associate and state you want to move onto another server provider and that you had started the cancellation process with your bank. This initiates a chargeback on our end that we are charged additional fees for and its something we feel wasn't deserved upon us:

http://puu.sh/b1a6T/fd1935979f.png

At this point we apologized and tried to sympathize with you while explaining our point of view and the technician pointed out he was currently busy with higher priority support issues. The technician also mentioned that a 100% full refund was possible and could be granted to you. This gesture was seemingly ignored:

http://puu.sh/b1a92/87f3e3fdab.png

In regards to your statement of not threatening to cancel and move to another provider:

You can see that you stated "I wish to cancel my agreement with Blue Fang" after all of your previous statements. This is backed up by the time stamp shown in the image on our support ticket system:

http://puu.sh/b1asE/d5d2a1f8d6.png

All in all we are quite confused as to where we were disrespectful. The technician was responsive, attentive and explained our "business practices" in each response he provided to you. Please cease and desist with the slanderous and deceitful posts.

Thank you.

Brains
08-21-2014, 01:46 AM
Please take this to another thread or PM.

Just my opinion I am not sure of any server company that customizes a server to a clients wants. They provide you with the server and it is up to you to customize the server / settings how you see fit. If you don't like the blue fang there are plenty of other preferred partners on our list but they will all be the same. Some provide web interfaces to change your game settings like VILayer.com (i have other servers with them so i know for sure they have this ability and im sure others on our list do as well) and some just give you access to the files to edit manually, but none of them will customize a server for you unless they are extremely slow and have nothing to do that day.

Steamboat_Willy
08-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Nevermind, just not worth the effort

Althalos
08-21-2014, 03:14 AM
Everyone has to get the wrath of a customer that is not willing to work with you no matter what but this just seems so out of place and suspicious....but like always Blue Fang takes the high road apologizes for essentially catering to a "supposed kid" that can write pretty well but scared of a text file....

I hope a moderator deletes all these posts and mine as well...total and utter crap here. Sorry you had to endure this BFS, stay strong!

Steamboat_Willy
08-21-2014, 04:05 AM
Everyone has to get the wrath of a customer that is not willing to work with you no matter what but this just seems so out of place and suspicious....but like always Blue Fang takes the high road apologizes for essentially catering to a "supposed kid" that can write pretty well but scared of a text file....

I hope a moderator deletes all these posts and mine as well...total and utter crap here. Sorry you had to endure this BFS, stay strong!

Thank you for voicing your opinion on this issue. However, you do not know the facts, nor do you have any idea who we are or even how old we are. Our involvement with renting gaming servers goes back to Valve games pre Steam, and for the most part, every single one of them have helped us get our servers up and running the way we requested without a lot of lip service or trying to sell us additional support.

Perhaps the market has changed and for that ignorance I would be the one to blame. But the initial contacts when placing the order of this service did not lead us to believe that it would have turned out like this.

I'm sorry if you feel offended by my desire to share what I feel was an uncomfortable business transaction and subsequent cancellation.

I'm fine with the moderators deleting these posts, the damage has been done and nothing will change that. We will be purchasing a 7DTD from another provider, we will make sure they understand our full desires, and when we enter into a contract, they will see, we are very easily satisfied customers.

BluefangServers
08-21-2014, 11:15 AM
I think its best if we just drop this.

We attempted to reach out to the user again after the fact, they never responded. We will continue to provide the best support possible in the industry to all our current and future customers.

Althalos
08-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Here, here...Lets move on.

Steamboat_Willy
08-21-2014, 05:17 PM
I think its best if we just drop this.

We attempted to reach out to the user again after the fact, they never responded. We will continue to provide the best support possible in the industry to all our current and future customers.

Thank you for the reply, we have responded on our ticket and just hope that BlueFangs professionalism is as you claim.

snipermooch
10-26-2014, 04:10 PM
I want to give a shout out to the people over at BlueFangSolutions.com for helping me out with my server. I'm a total n00b when it comes to XML and remote administration. Tracy was super helpful with getting my server up and running and helping me with the admin issues and editing that dreaded serveradmin.xml file!

Thanks guys! You rock!

DroppinX
11-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Had nothing but problems from BlackBoxServers.

Rented my server (24 slot server on a quarterly payment plan) and it came up right away without issue, nice.

Then I tried to use FrontRunnerTek's Server Manager and fount that the Telnet connection wasn't working. I submitted a ticket, and finally got a response. After some back and forth he finally said he would move my server to a new box. I responded that works, but never heard back from him. Two days later I opened a new ticket to follow up on the previous one. A new rep responds and promptly moves my server, and I have Telnet access now. However I still can't link the ServerManager to my server files and can't get FTP to work correctly.

The straw on the camels back however was that suddenly this weekend people started losing my server totally. Once of the computer at my place could find and connect to the server without issue, but another couldn't even find it. I had friends telling me the same thing.

I have requested a refund, but we'll see how that goes.

Their servers do come online quickly, and if you want stock settings it will just work. However if you want to do any admin of your server, good luck.

DroppinX
11-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Still no response from BlackBoxServers. My account has been cancelled, as I no longer have access to the server through their control panel, but there has been no refund processed nor have I gotten a response from them. I paid via Paypal so I may be filing a claim against them shortly.

I highly recommend removing BlackBox from your preferred partners list, and I recommend anyone looking to host avoid them if at all possible. Some of the worst customer service (aside from Comcast) I have ever experienced.

BluefangServers
11-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Still no response from BlackBoxServers. My account has been cancelled, as I no longer have access to the server through their control panel, but there has been no refund processed nor have I gotten a response from them. I paid via Paypal so I may be filing a claim against them shortly.

I highly recommend removing BlackBox from your preferred partners list, and I recommend anyone looking to host avoid them if at all possible. Some of the worst customer service (aside from Comcast) I have ever experienced.

Sorry to hear about your poor experiences with another provider. Feel free to give us a try. We offer 24 hour refunds on new services if you are not satisfied with what you see. www.bluefangsolutions.com

lifesfun
11-26-2014, 05:38 AM

I actually started running servers about 2 years ago and have been trying out various providers. This includes Jest, NFO Vilayer, and BlueFang. I make mods and contribute to the games I play so I frequently rent servers for a month or two. My latest experience was similar to yours DroppinX, however, mine was from BlueFangServer. I use to give them to recommend them to my friends.

But it all went downhill when i decided to cancel. My account on their site said that my server was canceled. It really wasnt.

Mistake #1: I forgot to cancel the paypal subscription as well. 20 days later I was charged so I reached out to them.... No response from their 'live chat'. Tried again the next day. No luck. Then I filed a paypal dispute. They responded right away.

Mistake #2: I trusted them. We agreed upon resolving the billing using their ticket forums, which instead was just a week of dispute. At the end I was offer a possibility of a partial refund; I have not heard from them since, they just kept my money instead. Must of been easier.

TL;DR: It kinda feels like I gave a 20 instead of a 5 to a cashier and when asked to give it back and they are like to bad you gave me the money. :( Now I just rent a full dedicated server for the same price and host myself since I system administrator.

BluefangServers
11-26-2014, 05:46 AM
I actually started running servers about 2 years ago and have been trying out various providers. This includes Jest, NFO Vilayer, and BlueFang. I make mods and contribute to the games I play so I frequently rent servers for a month or two. My latest experience was similar to yours DroppinX, however, mine was from BlueFangServer. I use to give them to recommend them to my friends.

But it all went downhill when i decided to cancel. My account on their site said that my server was canceled. It really wasnt.

Mistake #1: I forgot to cancel the paypal subscription as well. 20 days later I was charged so I reached out to them.... No response from their 'live chat'. Tried again the next day. No luck. Then I filed a paypal dispute. They responded right away.

Mistake #2: I trusted them. We agreed upon resolving the billing using their ticket forums, which instead was just a week of dispute. At the end I was offer a possibility of a partial refund; I have not heard from them since, they just kept my money instead. Must of been easier.

TL;DR: It kinda feels like I gave a 20 instead of a 5 to a cashier and when asked to give it back and they are like to bad you gave me the money. :( Now I just rent a full dedicated server for the same price and host myself since I system administrator.

Hi there,

We do not recall this specific situation. Would you be willing to provide me a little more information so that I can investigate this properly? I would sincerely like to find out what happened and what can be done about it.

Please fill out our contact form at www.bluefangsolutions.com/contact-us with as much information as you possibly can about what happened and all of your user information with us.

Novahaze
11-26-2014, 06:25 AM
AVOID BLACKBOX AT ALL COSTS;

I made the mistake of buying a 3 month subscription. For the entire first month, the server crashed 2-3 times a day. Lag was beyond awful. the TC Admin console glitched out/broke completely on several occasions. Their servers went down constantly due to lack of maintenance. When it came to asking them for actual technical support.... they had absolutely no idea How their own systems worked(they don't even know how to add a very simple firewall to their servers).. On TWO occasions they switched the IP of my server without informing me. This Caused me to lose 80% of my population ( everyone thought the server had died). It took over 48 hours for them to change it back. After opening over FIFTY tickets over the course of the month, and spending hours and hours dealing with their horrible customer support, i demanded a refund. They defended themselves by saying it wasn't their fault.... That my server was crashing because of mods i had installed ( i had NO mods and i had over 15 screenshots of their tech support admitting it was their faulty systems). After asking for a refund for my last unused 2 months, My tickets were then constantly put on hold for weeks! they were literally pushing my tickets aside. They finally replied after TWO MINUTES after i threatened them with a bad review online and a charge back. They finally gave in and offered me a 50% refund despite the fact i hadn't even used the last 2 months or despite the fact they had made me lose my entire population. They then started arguing with me that they were offering me a discount not a refund ( half of them don't even speak proper English ). After hours of arguing back and forth and them realizing their mistake. I finally asked for a charge back. Black box has by far the WORST customer service i have ever dealt with.

I have Screenshots of the following:

Tech support admitting that their Servers are outdated
Tech support admitting they dont do proper maintenance on their servers
Tech support admitting they dont know how a simple config file works.
Tech support admitting there is extreme lag on their servers
Proof of Constant crashing and huge lag spikes ( over 200-300 ping for everyone in the server ).
Downtime of 67%
Changing my IP address without informing me.

Refund based on their terms and conditions:

14. Refunds will only be given for plausible and valid reasons, ie poor up time, lagging server etc.

Despite ALL this proof ( screenshots, chatlogs, emails etc) they chose to ignore my tickets instead of following their own terms and conditions. I have demanded a full refund through paypa. Instead of refunding me my money they have decided to escalate the dispute. therefore, I will be posting the entire incident here so that others arn't screwed by them like i was.

Novahaze
11-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Hi Mark

Can we try moving you to Dallas where the hardware is significantly better.

Best Regards,

David Sandling
BlackBoxServers.net

Hi Mark

Yes i agree, i have setup a maintenance schedule, the server should perform much better tomorrow.

Best Regards,

David Sandling
BlackBoxServers.net

Hi Mark

I have fixed this for you, it was just a control panel glitch.

Best Regards,

David Sandling
BlackBoxServers.net

Hi Mark

It means it was a control panel glitch, i restarted the control panel and now its fine. the server was always running, the control panel just mal functioned. sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

David Sandling
BlackBoxServers.net

Hi Mark

We see that connecting to it is rather slow than normal but when connected when clicking different options is really quick.

Best Regards,

Mike Steel
BlackBoxServers.net

Hi Mark

We have noticed some lag on this box, We did some maintenance last night. Did it not help at all? If not i can do more in the morning

Best Regards,

David Sandling
BlackBoxServers.net

Hi Mark

The port can be changed back at any time, anything support has done is just to help you, do you know there will be the biggest update to 7 days out in the next few days, which will add so much.

Best Regards,

David Sandling
BlackBoxServers.net

I have over 500+ tickets with black box. I am trying to locate the one where their Tech Support Ness switched my IP address without telling me and where she deleted my entire server fileÓ.

Novahaze
12-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Fun update: After opening the dispute and asking one last time for a refund. David Sandling from Blackbox tried to hustle me. He said i was using a fake paypal account (100% verified with photo id, proof of residence etc ). And said he would have my account shut down if i didn't accept his 50% refund. This is the kind of customer support you can expert from such a low tier server hosting company. They are nothing but thieves, liars, and hustlers. The forums are full of bad reviews about this company and it is still somehow a preferred partner of 7 days to die. This needs to be changed.

The Arquido
12-13-2014, 03:41 PM
The server company I am currently with uses a web interface to edit my server config. There are a few items I wish to change in the text file but cannot do so because they will not give me access to the text edit function. So I have a couple questions...

Does BlueFang allow me to text edit my config and server admin file?
Am I able (or does BlueFang) install Alloc's server fixes so I can use Frontrunnertek's SM?
Is the $10 fee for Silver Service a monthly or one time charge?

Currently I have to jump through hoops to get access to this or that through my current server host. I am pretty sure I am the first 7DTD server they are hosting.

Thanks, I'm looking to get a server up this weekend.

BluefangServers
12-13-2014, 04:36 PM
The server company I am currently with uses a web interface to edit my server config. There are a few items I wish to change in the text file but cannot do so because they will not give me access to the text edit function. So I have a couple questions...

Am I able (or does BlueFang) install Alloc's server fixes so I can use Frontrunnertek's SM?
Is the $10 fee for Silver Service a monthly or one time charge?

Currently I have to jump through hoops to get access to this or that through my current server host. I am pretty sure I am the first 7DTD server they are hosting.

Thanks, I'm looking to get a server up this weekend.

Hi The Arquido,

Thank you for your questions. I will do my best to answer them fully below:

Absolutely YES! At BlueFangSolutions.com we have always given our clients 100% access to their files. You can add any mods, install any fixes. We have many clients running FrontRunnerTek's SM to help administer the server. Again we provide 100% access, you get telnet, full file access via FTP and web based file manager, web console, our Overseer 2.0 dashboard which has seen many fixes and new features added like steam update, real time statistic.

Silver Support is for those who need extra help configuring their servers or installing recipes, we still provide the best support with all services but this package is designed for those who need that extra attention and perhaps help using FTP or aren't comfortable editing their own files. It is a monthly charge, can be added and removed at any time.

We are an experienced host with an experience staff that is always reachable and ready to help. We are known for our support and service reliability. Come check us out on our website and if you have further questions don't hesitate to contact us on our website or via email.

The Arquido
12-14-2014, 12:21 AM
Thanks, I've put in an order.

Novahaze
02-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Ping Perfect Review:

4/10

Pros:
Quick tech support replies
Back up files
Mods installed

Cons:
x2 expensive. 80$ for a 32 slot server compared to 32$ for 32 slots from Companies like bluefang of vilayer.
company that scams.

Negotiated that they match the price of the other companies. they happily obliged if i were to leave them a positive review on the forums. They then removed my admin console's server tracking software (so that i wouldnt see that they slowed down the speeds/capacity of my server). Basically my server would completely lag out at 13 people which it didn't do before we made the deal. then they wasted hours of my time running dumb software tests until they admitted what they had done. I was essentially paying 40$ for a 13 slot server.

I don't like being scammed or misled. It's also pretty much a crime. the only reason i gave them a 4 is because of their mods which facilitated my admin tasks.

Vilayer review:

3/10

Pros:
Cheap prices (discount online)
Higher then 32 pop for your server

Cons:
REALLY REALLY long wait times
Awful lies all over their website
Almost no Tech support
Lie about adding features
No features for server
Lots of Hardware failure = server offline

They said they would add backups to the server and the alloc webmod for map tracking ( very simple to add to the site ). It's been a month and a half and they still haven't done it. (they promised it would take 2 days). they site claims they have 24/7/365 support. they don't. Their site claims they have phone support. they don't. they have Teamspeak but it doesnt work. Their entire site is a lie. they have none of the features they promise.

For over a week now my hard drive of my server has been crashing. It takes them 32 hours to reply to my tickets despite the fact they claim 24/7 support. Trying to talk to these clowns is gruesome and painful since they take so long to reply. Meanwhile the server is still offline due to the hardware failing.

wicketness
02-18-2015, 01:37 AM
not sure if this is where i should be posting this but i thought i would let people know if you are having problems with your server provider give them a try i did and still do and i am really happy with what i have and the excellence of there customer support.

for starters i knew nothing about server managers ports and whatever they do to make these things work for you, (i still don't lol)
so far i have been renting for 3 months 2 on the regular servers which are very good and at a good price.

i am now renting a beast and i LOVE IT!!!! it does cost alot more but when you want more like anything in life you have to pay for it, the server only runs 20 people but that's all i want cause the point of renting this VdS ( VIRTUAL Dedicated server) is MORE ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!! having complete control over the game is nice i made the max zombies alive be 150 and spawns at 150%
it is almost impossible to defend on a feral night without a group or enter a huge city solo.

so what i am trying to say is if you want to run a great server and have a group going with willing supporters this is the way to go the performance is awesome (i am running everything at the maximum the server can handle, might be alil too much but it works lol)

so far they have done everything for me installed the server manager got the mapping feature working for me and all i had to do was ask, and here i been posting for help allover these forums with almost no response's or answers dumbed down enough for a simpleton like me to understand.

so give them a try or come to my server and see for your self and join us for a feral night if you are the brave zombie fighting baddie you think you are, my server will make you run away screaming in horror >:)

also everything is run from the server so no need to have a server manager running all night on your computer if you try a VDS, but you still need to have one running all night if you rent the standard server.

my server details and specs are:
4 V cores and 3GB of ram and of course a GB connection (so if u lag turn down ur graphics)

my game setting are
150 max alive zombies
drop nothing on exit
keep tool belt on death
claim blocks infinite (3 blocks only) to protect your chests
we have /gimme set up so free water for everyone and teleport home works as well and thanks to ping perfect support i now have allocs mapping working.

i save and do a full server restart at least once a day sometimes more if i get a new server supporter to add admin control (you must show you are trust able before i add this much power over the group)

we are PVE Only no player killing or stealing from others please we work as a group or u can go solo if u are brave enough.
port 26900

Noobs inc. (steam name)

P.s
i am highly active on the server and so are my admins and moderators, our goal is a safer gaming environment for all at least as much as we possibly can make it. as problems come up we deal with em' as best we can.

Pingperfect
02-18-2015, 12:05 PM
@ Novahaze

As we put in numerous support tickets to you despite your deplorable attitude towards us we do not, have not and would not tinker with the performance settings of any customer that has servers with us.

What admin console tracking? We have not removed anything from our game panel, anything that you were using that is 3rd party we dont support.

We dont ask customers to run "Dumb software tests" however to troubleshoot it is sometimes required that customers put in just a little legwork to help us find the cause of issues.

If our service was as bad as you say it is, I doubt that A. we would have hundreds of customers for 7dtd, B. The developers of this game would not recognize us as the preferred server hoster (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?14553-Recommended-Server-Partners), C The developers would not use us for their development servers and D, We wouldent have thousands of happy customers.

Novahaze
03-01-2015, 07:50 PM
@ Ping Perfect

(coming directly from the CEO of Vilayer), You barelly have any servers and you're a very small company.

That being said. you also charge 3 times as much as the other servers (80 + tax ) bluefang for example charges 25ish dollars for the same amount of slots. Vilayer charges me 30.

when we negotiated a price matching. You decided to throttle my service. My server used to work perfectly up to 30 players until you decided to scam me. At which point the server would constantly lag out at EXCACLY 13 people every time. I finally had enough and went to Vilayer. As soon as i did, we were able to play with 30 players again without lag. The exact same files were transfered over.

7d2d has a bunch of companies that host the game listed in their forums. It doesn't mean they are reliable. The purpose of this thread is to post honest reviews and that's what i wrote.

the tracking tool which monitors CPU, memory etc on my admin panel magically stopped working when you throttled my speeds down so that i wouldn't notice the difference.

Pingperfect
03-14-2015, 11:14 PM
Hi Novahaze

We are a small company, I don't see what relevance that has.

Go with other people then, we don't force people to go with us however a lot of people do and a great deal of those go out of their way to tell others to come to us due to our superb customer service.

As said before We do not throttle services.

Your "Honest" reviews have tarnished a good number of companies because they would not conform to what you wanted and I know for a fact that the devs are waiting for you to break one more rule before they ban you from the forums.

We do not have a tool available to clients that tracks cpu/memory usage on the servers so amazing you were able to find out what our servers were doing.

We are the company the devs use for their servers and are the only company that are recommended by themselves as opposed to everyone else who are just gsp's that host the game and have applied to be listed on the website.

Glowing review that someone has posted not half an hour ago - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?24567-Noobzocalypse-Complete-Relaunch-(formerly-PVE-Noobz-4-Life-Gaming-Group)

Oh and I would just like to show people that you lie in all your posts.

This is a post that you made
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22648-Which-7d2d-Server-Host-is-best

You state that the server you had with us lags at 13 people. (If anyone has issues like this just drop us a support ticket btw)

Yet above you say that your server "used to work perfectly up to 30 players" until we decided to throttle your server. Which is it? It was working perfectly until we did this mythical throttling? or was it lagging at 13 people like your post in November?

People, just ignore Nova.

DocHussey
03-15-2015, 12:37 AM
Note: I contacted PingPerfect about this because of a standing business relation and wanted to get the details from their end before making any decisions on either party.

I assisted PingPerfect in finding out exactly which server Novahaze belonged to, and after a thorough inspection of the files and certain account information which was non-personally identifying, I am of the opinion that he may not be being entirely truthful.

It is no secret that I am quite fond of both Pingperfect (where the majority of my closed testing services are located) and BlueFang (Great prices, extremely personable staff), however this is not a matter of he-said-she-said argument. There is irrefutable proof in the way of support transcripts, transaction details, and my own digging about and use of PingPerfect's services that show that he may be having some trouble remembering certain things.

As there was a 18 slot server purchased and ran from July 9th of last year through the 18th at which point it was discontinued due to insufficient management of his admins, as well as a 32slot server which ran from November tenth to January tenth, at which point it was discontinued at his request. After reviewing the correspondence between the support department and Novahaze, I actually must commend their patience and professionalism in the matter. Out of respect, I won't get into details, but suffice to say that I have not seen such a sight in my life.

Guerthal
03-15-2015, 05:37 AM
Note: I contacted PingPerfect about this because of a standing business relation and wanted to get the details from their end before making any decisions on either party.

I assisted PingPerfect in finding out exactly which server Novahaze belonged to, and after a thorough inspection of the files and certain account information which was non-personally identifying, I am of the opinion that he may not be being entirely truthful.

It is no secret that I am quite fond of both Pingperfect (where the majority of my closed testing services are located) and BlueFang (Great prices, extremely personable staff), however this is not a matter of he-said-she-said argument. There is irrefutable proof in the way of support transcripts, transaction details, and my own digging about and use of PingPerfect's services that show that he may be having some trouble remembering certain things.

As there was a 18 slot server purchased and ran from July 9th of last year through the 18th at which point it was discontinued due to insufficient management of his admins, as well as a 32slot server which ran from November tenth to January tenth, at which point it was discontinued at his request. After reviewing the correspondence between the support department and Novahaze, I actually must commend their patience and professionalism in the matter. Out of respect, I won't get into details, but suffice to say that I have not seen such a sight in my life.

You know you've been nailed HARD when Doc goes all diplomatic on yo arse!

Slawa
03-15-2015, 12:37 PM
30 slotserver (now 10 because of the players...waiting for a11) from PingPerfect and absolutely 0 problems, just gamebugs like fps laggs if we have 20+ on.

we had the option in the panel for autoupdates... i write a mail for a new gameupdate and in the next 10-15 mins a answer + available update.

before i had a server from nitrado and zap-hosting... (CRAP SERVERS) try it out and you run after a day back to PP or whatever.

yaya, my english... :x

xercesblue
03-15-2015, 05:56 PM
I will say after looking at the history of Nova's posts and the extremely professional response by Ping and Doc that this seems like an extremely hard to please and misleading person. He has bashed almost all of the hosts at this point. In my job I have to deal with customers AND software vendors/hosts all of the time and I can tell you that the line is drawn when people start being rude. No company should lose business because of one crazy customer.

On another side note I want to say BlueFangSolutions is Awesome!

I went with gameservers.com first and they had several issues that caused me to want to move to another company. They took a long time to get everything working for me however they did eventually but then there were issues with the server shortly after and the support took a while to respond and assist. Then there was a major update and they posted on the control panel that they were working on getting the files working properly (I think that was 10.1 or 10.2) can't remember exactly.

I waited about a day or two and then went to bluefangsolutions. Their support was almost immediate in helping me even when I asked them to see what was wrong and it was MY fault it messed up. The tech still fixed it and told me what I messed up. I felt stupid but obviously didn't blame them. There was another update and they had it working almost immediately. The ONLY problem I had with BlueFang themselves was with their control panel. It's called Overseer and I was on version 1.0. The server glitched and the tech told me that it's a problem with overseer 1.0 and it's fixed with 2.0. The tech then upgraded me to 2.0 which didn't cost anything extra and it worked with zero issues since then. I've been on there probably about 3 months and have had no issues.

At no point did the techs I worked with suggest to go to the premium support nor were they difficult to deal with. They do try to move customers in the direction of editing the XML files themselves but seriously, how hard is it to do that? Open it up, change the settings in there from 0, 1, 2, 3 etc with clearly indicated brackets saying what to edit as well as the variables to choose from and what they do, then Save. I would hope that no one is deterred from the previous posts in the forum by the person that seemed to put quotes from the support out of context while omitting their own responses that made them look unfavorable, another issue I have with crappy customers in my line of work.

BlueFang lets you edit everything you want. You have FTP access straight from the web page and you can connect via FTP client if you want. I've also been able to use custom recipes and connect the Frontrunnertek Server Manager (an awesome program). From the control panel you can easily reboot the server and see resource usage. I have a small server but they gave me an obscene amount of memory for it. Far more than I'll most likely ever use. I've been restraining myself from using mods for now because the Dev's seem to be politely asking people to not use them for now to avoid confusion in submitting problems to support but the premium support option that costs extra seems to be geared more towards that crowd to assist people that want help making major changes to the game files and use mods to augment things.

I wish Doc didn't have to waste time working with hosting providers just to find out that someone is just being a ♥♥♥♥ty customer and/or person so that more time can be spent working on zip-lining swat zombies and fat zombie cops on mobility scooters.

I'm new to the forums, just wanted to post my feedback.

wicketness
03-24-2015, 08:43 AM
ok this is a double post i thought i would post here as well and show my support and a honest opinion.
also getting sick of reading novahaze's bashing of everyone.

Well i thought i would add my 2 cents 0.o wait what no more pennies in canada crap!!!! ok here is my nickel lol j/k

Well i have to throw credit Ping Perfects way simply because they are very good and bloody honest with me, and i am the same way back i did rent a regular server for 2 months and it worked fine till i got to 20 spots and started seeing 15-18 players online at all times, from my testing and researching i can give an honest opinion.

yes there is lag after about 12 players sometimes 15 but you will notice there is an option to pay for high cpu i always pay for that no matter what and a GB connection if possible, now depending on the time of day there is something called peak times and this is when you will get the most lag, now this is also when high cpu becomes a great feature to have it helps alot u get more power sent to you in these times.

but when the main server is full and running at 99% full time you will see lag alot but you get what you pay for, so i decided i wanted more power so i did what i knew had to be done i rented a VDS set up and i will say this i am never ever going back to a standard server.
My first VDS was a beast i ran 1 server off it at insane settings and took my small 20 member group to hell and left them there Muh hahahahahaaa!!!!

i never used this type of server before i had massive problems simply cause i didn't understand how it worked i kept messing up the game files lol, its been 4 moths now i have been with ping perfect and i am a very demanding customer and i think i am also there biggest today
My hat off to James he has been my teacher and i am sorry if you have less hair today then you did 4 months ago :P.

also the game has its play in the lag well probably mainly, from what i have learned the bigger the group community grows (house's base's castles in 1 area) you get lag unless you have a godly computer and a super connection, this is where a good VDS comes in handy with my current set up i have 3 servers that have really large towns that are player built, the lag only shows up when the 100-200+ zombies start coming in non stop usually this is where people start complaining.

to fix this get a better computer lol lap tops are no good unless they are made for gaming period, i have members on my admin team who report minimal lag when the above happens i myself lag during those times when they don't, so just turn down your graphics a bit in options and on your video card control panel, if you don't want to do that stop complaining, the game is still in alpha.

so no matter what service you rent from you will see lag at peak times on a standard server and if you don't expect it to show up once they fill up the server you are being hosted on, i know this cause i have a great server from ping perfect they gave me a whole machine just for my group it is awesome and as i filled it up i started pushing it to its limits lag showed up on all servers and thats only when the non stop zombies are going on all 7 servers i run on it.

so i know first hand what you guys are all asking about when it comes to who has the best My vote is ping perfect and probably my 102 members will feel the same way, if you want the best PAY FOR IT!!!!!

@novahaze put your money where your mouth is and get off standard servers and join the big boys!!!!

Eric
Noobs Inc
Noobzocalypse

http://www.noobzocalypse.com
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/noobzocalypse

Chantaz
03-24-2015, 10:40 AM
I'd like to add something to what wicketness said.

The game server for this game is really heavy. I mean REALLY heavy. It not only uses a lot of CPU power to calculate every single thing there is on the server (like moving zombies, cooking stuff, forging stuff, crafting stuff) but also HDD usage is INSANE (3 mb/player + map generation can bottleneck any HDD). Im saying this as a person that rents DS and handles everything by himself, you need properly powerful machine for your requirments and this is connected with COSTS. Preferably with at least 2-4 cores and SSD.

I haven't been using any of the preferred partners, nor am i connected to Ping Perfect but if they have high prizes that reflect great server performance, then i fully understand this.

There's plenty of 7 Days to die hosting companies and there will be more for sure, but people, what wicketness said earlier :

if you want the best PAY FOR IT!!!!!

You can't expect to have a stable, lag free server for little price, its in my opinion one of the most demanding servers for dedicated server.

One server for this game eats a low prized dedicated server and if some of the companies host many game servers on one machine, it's expected to expierence lag. I hope server files will get optimized a bit in time so we all gain something, but 7 Days server is like giant cookie monster eating cookie trucks :P

wicketness
03-24-2015, 10:12 PM
You can't expect to have a stable, lag free server for little price, its in my opinion one of the most demanding servers for dedicated server.

One server for this game eats a low prized dedicated server and if some of the companies host many game servers on one machine, it's expected to expierence lag. I hope server files will get optimized a bit in time so we all gain something, but 7 Days server is like giant cookie monster eating cookie trucks :P

yes i hope alpha 11 will help my pocket abit my beer supply is non existent atm lol, probably a good thing.
but what i am paying and the amount of players i can host is pretty insane if it were not for my members donating i would have failed before i started lol.

i really hope these performance improvements are true i really need some kinda help from the game devs in terms of what the game uses for each one running.
for me the sad part is i am still a very tiny group and i am paying a crap load to represent the game 7 days to die to all the new players i take in everyday, in the past 4 months it is safe to say i had close to 600+ come and go from my servers. hosting 100 at the same time is gonna be a nightmare i am glad that has not happened yet as most are waiting for the big patch.

that being said i have 2 hands clapping for the fun pimps KEEP IT UP!

Eric
Noobs Inc
Noobzocalypse

http://www.noobzocalypse.com
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/noobzocalypse

BluefangServers
04-05-2015, 03:12 PM
I will say after looking at the history of Nova's posts and the extremely professional response by Ping and Doc that this seems like an extremely hard to please and misleading person. He has bashed almost all of the hosts at this point. In my job I have to deal with customers AND software vendors/hosts all of the time and I can tell you that the line is drawn when people start being rude. No company should lose business because of one crazy customer.

On another side note I want to say BlueFangSolutions is Awesome!

I went with gameservers.com first and they had several issues that caused me to want to move to another company. They took a long time to get everything working for me however they did eventually but then there were issues with the server shortly after and the support took a while to respond and assist. Then there was a major update and they posted on the control panel that they were working on getting the files working properly (I think that was 10.1 or 10.2) can't remember exactly.

I waited about a day or two and then went to bluefangsolutions. Their support was almost immediate in helping me even when I asked them to see what was wrong and it was MY fault it messed up. The tech still fixed it and told me what I messed up. I felt stupid but obviously didn't blame them. There was another update and they had it working almost immediately. The ONLY problem I had with BlueFang themselves was with their control panel. It's called Overseer and I was on version 1.0. The server glitched and the tech told me that it's a problem with overseer 1.0 and it's fixed with 2.0. The tech then upgraded me to 2.0 which didn't cost anything extra and it worked with zero issues since then. I've been on there probably about 3 months and have had no issues.

At no point did the techs I worked with suggest to go to the premium support nor were they difficult to deal with. They do try to move customers in the direction of editing the XML files themselves but seriously, how hard is it to do that? Open it up, change the settings in there from 0, 1, 2, 3 etc with clearly indicated brackets saying what to edit as well as the variables to choose from and what they do, then Save. I would hope that no one is deterred from the previous posts in the forum by the person that seemed to put quotes from the support out of context while omitting their own responses that made them look unfavorable, another issue I have with crappy customers in my line of work.

BlueFang lets you edit everything you want. You have FTP access straight from the web page and you can connect via FTP client if you want. I've also been able to use custom recipes and connect the Frontrunnertek Server Manager (an awesome program). From the control panel you can easily reboot the server and see resource usage. I have a small server but they gave me an obscene amount of memory for it. Far more than I'll most likely ever use. I've been restraining myself from using mods for now because the Dev's seem to be politely asking people to not use them for now to avoid confusion in submitting problems to support but the premium support option that costs extra seems to be geared more towards that crowd to assist people that want help making major changes to the game files and use mods to augment things.

I wish Doc didn't have to waste time working with hosting providers just to find out that someone is just being a ♥♥♥♥ty customer and/or person so that more time can be spent working on zip-lining swat zombies and fat zombie cops on mobility scooters.

I'm new to the forums, just wanted to post my feedback.

This is a great review with awesome information. Do you mind if we send this to potential customers to read and/or publish on our website? It's good to see customers that understand our point of view with Early Access games and are willing to cooperate with us and be patient.

Belrindor
11-26-2015, 12:06 AM
After a very lengthy and disturbing debacle with your competitors, I'm in search of a new 7 Days to Die host.

So, who out there would like to run a Black Friday promotion with X% off of new hosting for me? :)

Best offer gets my business.

DarkHelmet
12-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Quick question about blue fang. I see two options for "upgrades" when renting a server. Are these needed at all?

BluefangServers
12-24-2015, 06:34 AM
Quick question about blue fang. I see two options for "upgrades" when renting a server. Are these needed at all?

Hey there,

Just wanted to reply (even if its a bit late). The two options you are talking about are most likely the Silver Support and High CPU. Both options have a description below them on every product page that gives you ample information on whether or not you should get them. If you have any hesitation about them our recommendation is to just not get them as they are not absolutely necessary for your service to run at a decent performance rate.

Chugawuga
03-06-2016, 01:14 PM
This is a great review with awesome information. Do you mind if we send this to potential customers to read and/or publish on our website? It's good to see customers that understand our point of view with Early Access games and are willing to cooperate with us and be patient.

If you'd like another one for potential customers to read then please feel free to use mine:

Created a support ticket on the 21/2/2016, still not resolved on the 6/3/2016, decided to close the ticket and seek another server provider.

This was for a simple billing issue which required an answer of either "yes, this is correct" or "no, it's a mistake it should be xx"

ShadexDemarr
07-15-2016, 06:59 PM
GameServers.com

So I have been hosting my server with them for a few weeks now and everything seemed on par. Came home yesterday to find that the entire server had been reset. What was odd was that when some of our community had logged on a littler earlier only some of our items were missing. Custom structures and some chests were there but underground caves were gone. Then later that night when I logged on everything was gone... No alterations had been made to anything mod wise aside from a couple xml alterations for recipes and items that had been working perfectly.

I understand this is an early access game but with a game where countless hours can be spent building a character, gaining items, schematics, building only to have it gone in some freak data accident. I can't trust this company anymore and have moved to another provider.

ualldierealgood
11-01-2016, 11:54 PM
I was looking to get a Aussie server for my friends to play on, I have never rented a server before so my first experience was inetresing and I wanted to share it.

I found Streamline Servers they seemed to have what we needed, a 7dtd server located in Australia at a reasonable price $20 per month and set up instantly once payment is processed SWEET.

I spend 10 minutes filling out details.

• But when I went to pay it crashed
• Then it wouldn’t let me start the process again as it had created an account for me
• So I logged into the account
• Anytime you click on anything in the account it asks you to log in again
• I try to pay again
• This time it goes through to paypal but fails
• I go back to the account and I now have 2 invoices
• I see add funs so I do that, all it does is add another invoice
• I create a support ticket
• It crashes and says I don’t have a ticket
• I log in again
• I now only have 1 invoice and 1 ticket but no way to pay it
• I have tried all the ways to pay and it crashes

This was frustrating experience, however I have been contacted by their support personal within 30 minutes and they have rectified the issue.

I have decided to proceed with the server and see how they go, I'll come back and post in a week to advise what its like and thanks to Dust2Death for advising of his experience.

DUST2DEATH
11-02-2016, 12:12 AM
I was looking to get a Aussie server for my friends to play on, I have never rented a server before so my first experience was inetresing and I wanted to share it.

I found Streamline Servers they seemed to have what we needed, a 7dtd server located in Australia at a reasonable price $20 per month and set up instantly once payment is processed SWEET.

I spend 10 minutes filling out details.

• But when I went to pay it crashed
• Then it wouldn’t let me start the process again as it had created an account for me
• So I logged into the account
• Anytime you click on anything in the account it asks you to log in again
• I try to pay again
• This time it goes through to paypal but fails
• I go back to the account and I now have 2 invoices
• I see add funs so I do that, all it does is add another invoice
• I create a support ticket
• It crashes and says I don’t have a ticket
• I log in again
• I now only have 1 invoice and 1 ticket but no way to pay it
• I have tried all the ways to pay and it crashes

So suffice to say if their support ever gets back to me I will cancel the invoice, if a company cannot even manage its webpage to allow payment how can it manage its servers?

If anything changes I will edit this post but just wanted any other aussie's out there to know to avoid this business.

Unless of course you've had a good experience and then please tell me.

Ive used this company since the early Alpha's as they are one of the few that have AU servers.
Never had a problem, their support has been fantastic when Ive used it.

I have since rented another server from them (brisbane - HPGS) last week. I used paypal and it went smoothly. No crashes, just seamless.

Sounds like your issues could have been potential Internet or Browser based problems (not saying that the website didnt have problems at the time of putting it through either).

Incidentally I have a friend who went through a few providers for ark before settling down at streamline as well.

Prior to streamline I had a Ping Perfect server, and someone else before that ( I dont think they are around anymore I cant even remember their name, but I didnt stay with them long at all.)

Wasnt a pleasant experience back then. (either Ping Perfect or the other I cant remember)

ualldierealgood
11-02-2016, 01:09 AM
Thanks Dust, they contacted me and rectified the issue, so I have modified my original post, I'll test them out for week and report back.

By the way I have never rented a server before, once its up and running how do I access it?

do I just load up 7dtd in steam and then look for my severe in the list?

DUST2DEATH
11-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Thanks Dust, they contacted me and rectified the issue, so I have modified my original post, I'll test them out for week and report back.

By the way I have never rented a server before, once its up and running how do I access it?

do I just load up 7dtd in steam and then look for my severe in the list?

Once you have been processed, they will send you a control panel email that has a seperate username and password that you use at https://streamlinepanel.com

In here you can then perform most tasks. Start/Stop/Restart the server, edit config files etc.
Make sure you go through the config and set any passwords if they arent set already, gametypes etc.

Then, start the server. Once running, look for it in the server list, or use the IP directly and port number to connect. (It doesnt need to be in the list, just type it in at the bottom of the connect to server screen).

I hope that helps.

ualldierealgood
11-14-2016, 04:50 AM
Once you have been processed, they will send you a control panel email that has a seperate username and password that you use at https://streamlinepanel.com

In here you can then perform most tasks. Start/Stop/Restart the server, edit config files etc.
Make sure you go through the config and set any passwords if they arent set already, gametypes etc.

Then, start the server. Once running, look for it in the server list, or use the IP directly and port number to connect. (It doesnt need to be in the list, just type it in at the bottom of the connect to server screen).

I hope that helps.

Thanks again buddy... we've successfully had up to 5 guys on the server at a time and besides 2 people being kicked out of the server once for some reason its all going well.

I worked out which files to modify after a bit of fiddling so the game settings are the way we wanted and we're all having fun.

I do have a question though, I have been shutting the server down every 5 days or so... as I noticed that the servers stats seem to show that memory usage continues to grow?

I'm not sure shutting it down helps but I sort of thought it might unload or uncache (if there is such a word) all the stuff held in the memory?

Do you know if that's the case or I should just keep it running all the time.

Thanks again mate