PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Cooking eggs destroy your glass jar

knarox
08-21-2014, 05:44 PM
The title says it.

Maybe its a feature and no bug - but i wanted to tell if its not a feature :)

CongoBongo
08-21-2014, 05:49 PM
can you explain a little more? What are you cooking? What are you placing in the fire and how many of each?

N_MacKinnon
08-21-2014, 06:04 PM
When you use water to cook, that jar and water vanish. Not a bug.

Sugarburn
08-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Though it is inconsistent with the new jar retention mechanic when drinking water.

CongoBongo
08-21-2014, 06:29 PM
ah i see. that is going to be a tough one to work out i think.

N_MacKinnon
08-21-2014, 06:30 PM
It is inconsistent however I believe this is done on purpose to make you find more jars if you are going to use them to cook. Otherwise you will have an infinite supply of jars unless someone maliciously steals them.. In which case you just find some sand and make more anyways.

knarox
08-21-2014, 07:54 PM
OK then its not a bug, but it feels wrong.
But i have to agree that the glass jar mold become unnecessary.

There must be a solution.

Maybe if you are carrying classes and you are hit by a zombie etc. your glass will broke (chance of x %).
Glass can broke at cooking (not always) etc.

monkeystew
08-22-2014, 10:51 AM
i agree you should be able to cook a bunch of eggs with 1 water when you think of how little the eggs fill you up anyways i don't personally care about getting the jar back or not this game is full of empty glass jars now.

Tormunda
08-22-2014, 11:15 AM
I agree, eating eggs is one of the initial foods you can get hold of until you get settled.
What they need is the ability to fry the egg rather than boil it.

From a survival point of view you just aren't going to get a container good enough to start messing about with boiling eggs in your initial days.
You will be storing water and boiling what you can for drinking water (or a cup of nettle tea).
Eggs will be fried on hot rocks or if you are lucky, a flat piece of metal. (if not just eaten raw as in the game!)

nitnoid
08-22-2014, 11:22 AM
I dunno, I find myself getting overburdened with excess jars and cans now. I have to toss them on the ground I get so many of them while traveling. I kinda miss cooking sand...

LimeyRon
08-22-2014, 11:27 AM
I dunno, I find myself getting overburdened with excess jars and cans now. I have to toss them on the ground I get so many of them while traveling. I kinda miss cooking sand...

I agree. It's easy to find yourself with hundreds of the damn things now. Needs balancing.