PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Water Bug

lamrod_327
08-22-2014, 01:30 AM
When blocks next to water are removed the water does not smoothly fill in the block. And in many instances you can see plain as day under the water such as before the latest update. I'm sure everyone is aware of this, but thought I'd post it anyway.

h0tr0d
08-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Yeah, water works (or does not work at all) differently in 9.0 My biggest problem is what you describe, even in the middle of a lake I cannot get water to refill "naturally". Plus, not being able to make a trough or pool of it underground.

Warsaken
08-22-2014, 04:52 AM
Yeah, water works (or does not work at all) differently in 9.0 My biggest problem is what you describe, even in the middle of a lake I cannot get water to refill "naturally". Plus, not being able to make a trough or pool of it underground.

It has to do with how water attaches itself to another entity I believe. I was messing around with it about 30 hours ago and discovered that water has a point where it won't attach itself to anything just like the hardened blocks do. Everything in the game has a max load and once that is exceeded, everything after it will not hold or be destroy in some matter. In the case of water, it will not fill in past that initial block where it originally started filling in adjacent blocks.

I have found a work-around if you are having trouble getting two layers of water on top of one another that is NOT attached to land. Place a voxel of dirt under the layer that isn't forming correctly, then use the bucket to put water on the layer that has no water. After that is done and all connected to all four sides, shovel the placed voxel underneath it out. The layer where the dirt was will fill in properly like before and the you will have manually filled the missing water block in (you need something other than water around an empty block for the bucket to spill).

Drakkar77
08-22-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm not exactly sure if this applies but in A8 if you tried to place water under a layer of already placed water with some else between the water layers then lowest layer of water would not have a graphic or be able to be draw from, i.e. filling empty bottles from it.

- = something else
x = water

x
-
-
-
-
x

The second water was not viewable or drinkable or usable in anyway besides for planting crops. You had to have solid blocks all the way up in order to use water underground. That might not be the same bug as you're experiencing h0tr0d, but maybe.

Warsaken
08-22-2014, 07:15 AM
The second water was not viewable or drinkable or usable in anyway besides for planting crops. You had to have solid blocks all the way up in order to use water underground. That might not be the same bug as you're experiencing h0tr0d, but maybe.

I think this was caused by water on the same "column" not being visible underneath. I think that is an engine issue. I had to circumvent that very problem with my Bullseye Shopping Center prefab I did a few months ago for the community. The center parking lot fountain's water would show up, but my sewer's water underneath wouldn't a few blocks down like you illustration.