PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Chainsaw vs wood frames

LarsingeM
08-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Wood frames as we know a°ready takes a lot to break. Tried breaking with chainsaw and it cut items behind the frame, almost no damage to frame itself as far as i could see. Not sure if chainsaw is evem possble to find in random gen (as well as augers, snipers. rocket launchers and more) but i got it from creative menu.

EAGLE EYE
08-22-2014, 10:42 PM
With the new update Alpha 9.1 you can now cut frames with chainsaw. I don't know if it takes equal time when you are trying to cut with auger too. Also in almost every server is different % of finding item. On some of them you can find augers & chainsaw's easily on some they are very rare.

LarsingeM
08-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Just noticed in the update log this morning. Guess they were quite aware of the problem:). I would expect the auger to be less effective on wood but more effective than an axe? I dont know. Guess we`ll just have to test it out:). Im mostly playing single player but i guess maybe its more rare on some maps? Real pity if thats the case. I`ve heard augers and chainsaw used to spawn in cars i think. Is this still the case and is that the only place they spawn? Guess it would be kind of strange finding them in cabinets, gun safes or garbage bags as well..