PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Epic gravity-defying parachutes over water

TwoWholeWorms
08-23-2014, 08:48 AM
I suspect this has been reported before, but I tested it again after the update and it still happens.

I was trying to think of an apt name for a depressing post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with mindless zombies, and I eventually settled on "Basildon". This seemed to generate a couple of really large bodies of water near to where I kept spawning. Now, the strange fact that the beds of these lakes and ponds are all made of grass aside, this bug relating to the airdrops makes me giggle:

Basically, the supply crate and its parachute levitate above the water and the whole construction continues to bob up and down like that forever. The canopy doesn't collapse, and it's not actually touching the water, it's about a block or two above it.

Also, unrelated, but I just noticed that the From URL field in the Insert Image dialogue's text is the green colour from the textareas when writing / editing posts, but it's on a white background, which is so not readable.

Nemiel
08-24-2014, 09:58 PM
We had kind of a similar situation in PVE multiplayer. Where a parachute was hanging in mid-air and also bopping up and down. However, this was not over any water surface and when we got there to inspect the airdrop hanging in mid-air it started dropping to the ground again. Happend once and never again.

zedslayer
08-24-2014, 11:01 PM
I have one stuck high in the sky, like the height it was when it left the plane it has been up in the sky for about a week now.

TwoWholeWorms
08-28-2014, 10:22 AM
I've just seen one stuck in the sky as well, however it isn't bobbing up and down in my case. They only seem to bob when they're over water on my server. :s

Carisus
08-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Two separate bugs here. First the Supply Crate. This happens due to how TFP wants the water to work. They can't have the crates float on the water or have them sink to the bottom, so they just bounce off of the the top of the water. You should be able to open them, though it may be hard if you are not coordinated enough.

The second one is a well known bug that happens to a bunch of items. If you can turn God-Mode on and fly up to the crate it will probably fall like normal. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I have had this happen to me with three hornets real close together. None of them fell after I shot them, until I got close.