PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics 9.1 - Randomly Dropping Items

Oskoge
08-23-2014, 05:29 PM
I have encountered a strange bug since 9.1. The 5th inventory slot from the left (top row) drops its contents onto the floor at completely random times. If I do not notice the item/stack floating on the ground I lose it.

If that inventory slot is empty it drops the contents of the 4th slot from the left.

I have uninstalled the game entirely and reinstalled it to make sure no files got damaged during the update but I still have the same problem.

I have been trying to link it to an action I'm doing at the time but it seems entirely random. I have not noticed it happening to other inventory slots but can't rule it out.

Anyone else seeing this?

Drakkar77
08-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Nope, but I haven't been playing since 9.1 since the insane spawn rates came out.

Damit
08-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Yes I've seen it, I just lost 250 feathers and over 100 crossbow bolts

Oskoge
08-24-2014, 07:15 AM
Yes I've seen it, I just lost 250 feathers and over 100 crossbow bolts

Are you using 64bit? I currently am and after a quick try with the 32bit client I didn't notice this happening. I am going to give this a more thorough try today to see if it happens in the 32bit client.

Also, it is worth adding that I have seen this in multiple new games and it matters not what is in the inventory slot.

Oskoge
08-24-2014, 11:31 AM
I've just seen it happen in the 32bit client also. A Sleeping bag dropped onto the floor shortly after I looted a trash pile.

Stirling
08-30-2014, 03:35 AM
So that's what happened to my pickaxe! Those are the slots I keep my tools in. I'm using 32-bit, by the way.

Canute
08-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Did you use ALT-Tab maybe ?
When you come back to 7D2D, you mouse-pointer don't disappear. Mosttimes you reactivate 7D2D over the taskbar which are located on the down side of the screen. Then the mouse is over the hotbar and you can pickup things from the hotbar and drop it while you run around.
That happen to me serveral time, but i didn't notice that anything drop from itself.

Oskoge
08-30-2014, 01:53 PM
On none of the occasions it happened to me did I alt-tab, so for me at least that is not the cause.

With regards the mouse pointer, the cursor defaults to that inventory slot (center of screen?) when going into the inventory. That could have something to do with it.