PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Lost item cooking on stove

bigc90210
08-23-2014, 11:34 PM
hosting a pve friendly with my friends, i opened a campfire and put a cooking pot down then 10 jars of murky water on the bottom left of the square, then left the fire so my friend could place the wood on the stove. he placed wood planks in the middle and coal on the bottom. When i immediately after the fire lit i opened the fire, the fire was burning but there were no jars at all

stumagoo
08-24-2014, 01:15 AM
this has been happening since 9.0 to us, we no longer individually place our materials on the camp fire we put them into a chest or drop on the ground so 1 person can pick up. I have also put 40 water or so on the camp fire to realise I did not grab stuff to burn turned and opened a chest to get coal turned back and my murky water was gone. short story - you are not alone I am sure it will get solved.

Vexiaa
08-24-2014, 03:26 AM
Lost about 35 jars of murky water tonight as well. I placed them in the campfire, added wood, and then hit cook. My friend who I was playing with a some point went to check to see if they were done and said there was nothing in the campfire. I am wondering if there is a bug in connection with someone "checking" the campfire other than the person who started cooking? I'll try to test that tomorrow and will report back if I can.

Canadiantx69
08-24-2014, 03:48 AM
Lost about 35 jars of murky water tonight as well. I placed them in the campfire, added wood, and then hit cook. My friend who I was playing with a some point went to check to see if they were done and said there was nothing in the campfire. I am wondering if there is a bug in connection with someone "checking" the campfire other than the person who started cooking? I'll try to test that tomorrow and will report back if I can.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it is Vexiaa. Lost 2 stacks of murky when me and a buddy were playing this afternoon. I had tossed them into the campfire and started the fire, he opened it up and dumped his in, then asked what I did with my jars. I opened up the campfire and saw nothing, but he could still see his 7 jars.

Deadmeat
08-24-2014, 03:58 PM
First time playing the new build last night, MP. I thought I was loosing my mind when I'd check my inventory after cooking and noticed that the eggs I hadn't cooked, or coffee beans I hadn't used were no longer there. Seems limited (thus far) to unused components when cooking a recipe, but I'll pay more attention.

Nemiel
08-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Yes the same here too. Somehow it looks like the campfire is not synced between the players in MP unless the fire burns and something is cooking which produces any resulting product.

devian
08-25-2014, 06:12 AM
Same stuff here, but in SP. 24 Jars of GoldenRot Tee gone :'(
So seems not only be a Multiplayer Bug.

ricslady99
08-25-2014, 06:46 AM
I've lost murky water when I'm the only one using the campfire. The second time it happened I saw the jars go poof when I added another log. I hadn't closed the crafting window prior to adding the log. Now I start with a single jar, add the fuel and then add more jars.

spaanplaat
08-26-2014, 02:38 PM
The same thing happened to me yesterday. It was a MP game but I was the only one using the campfire.

Ayewyn
08-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Not just a MP bug, and not new. This has been a problem since cooking/forging was put into the game and they still haven't been able to fix it. Happened to me again last night, lost a lot of meat.

Puschpa
08-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Same here. set up a small bunch of Grain Alcohol before I logged out last night, lost everything in this Camp Fire, including my Beaker :cries: I have 2 more Camp Fires, the Cooking Pots still sat there. More strange is the lost of one Hard Metal Secure Door in the middle of a row of Hard Metal Secure Doors...it simply has gone poof. First thought was, someone has tunneled in...but nothing else was touched, only one door has vanished...strange things happen oO

TonyVS
08-26-2014, 09:05 PM
I had this happen with raw pork, 3 times, twice with stack of 22, clicked cook, disappeared. another time was with 3 eggs and 20 pork only got 3 bacon and eggs, rest of pork gone.

Baltram
08-28-2014, 12:33 PM
I had two stacks of about 80 murky water in a campfire burning. I decided to take one of the stacks out and put it in another campfire to speed things up. When I grabbed it all murky water except for 15 vanished so I lost about 145 bottles :(

I also lost (in a different SP game) about 30 iron ore that was placed in a forge though I'm not sure when and how it happend. It's just not there anymore.

ricslady99
09-06-2014, 07:13 AM
This is still an issue in 9.2 which is bad because food is scarce. Please find a fix or workaround.

Henshaw
09-06-2014, 09:00 AM
My wife had this happening with eggs and bacon in 9.1, with over 30 vanishing. Needless to say, we were quite annoyed. I really hope this will get fixed soon. Might be useful to add, that I host the game on my computer, which my wife joins.
I haven't had a single problem with cooking (over 400 hours played and 150 at least of that solo), but she seems to have them now and then with things disappearing, from as early as 8.6, so might possibly be a syncing problem maybe?

AnvilFu
09-06-2014, 03:12 PM
We've had vanishing food problems that seemed to be linked to:
A) clicking the "start cooking" button too soon after adding fuel to the fire.
B) More than one player accesses the campfire during cooking
C) Changing food amounts during cooking

We seldom have problems if we follow these guidelines. A single player performs these steps:
1) Load all food components and at least one unit of fuel. Wait until the first fuel item vanishes and the "burning" sound begins. Click "start"
2) Add additional fuel, if necessary, to cover the cook time
3) Don't add or remove additional food items - adding more fuel is ok
4) Only the original player accesses the campfire until the cooking is done.
Nevertheless, we cook small batches of food "just in case"

Sarsante
09-06-2014, 06:16 PM
i feel this is a desync issue, happened to me and friend when playing together. i put some murky water into the camp fire, he puts more water and when i checked there was nothing there, but he could see all of the murky water bottles.

Henshaw
09-06-2014, 07:54 PM
I never see the items being cooked by my wife, and she doesn't the ones I cook. that's what I expect to see anyway. And that's why we have our own roles when we play together, so we won't mess up the other's cooking or forging.

What we are talking about though, is not touching the campfire while cooking or anything, it's a new bug. Weird that it happened to two separate people while cooking Bacon and Eggs...

Tetrameth
09-07-2014, 08:19 PM
yes, i have had murky water bottles that i had been 'storing' on the fire disappear numerous times, i now just use a chest for storing them, i have not had boiled bottles disappear yet though