PDA

View Full Version : AI Zombies know your location and path right to you no matter what.

KxKx
08-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Was testing this and no matter what I do, every zombie seems to path right toward me even when I am sneaking and undetected. I am a zombie magnet! On top of crazy spawn rates it never ends...

Seems to happen less at night...
If they are "seeing" me, the undetected while sneaking is wrong then :)

Could be the noise I made when killing zombies near me? Is so they should path to where the sound occured and not to my current location...

LarsingeM
08-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Its always been like that. All hordes pass by the exact point you are at when they first spawn in. Seems somehow a little less the case in alpha 9-9.1 to me but it might just be my imagination. Would prefer it to be a bit more random where hordes go so you never know when a horde is heading directly your way.

krowser07
08-29-2014, 04:08 PM
do you have a nose icon on the left middle side of your screen? they can smell you

FishMissile
08-29-2014, 05:01 PM
I have never really had much of an issue with this until 9.0/9.1
I was playing with 3 friends and we were squatting in a randomly generated house which we had made our home. During the night we all went into the attic and crouched. But somehow we would be sensed and hunted even though no one made a sound and to my knowledge no one was giving off any smells.

-edit-
Yes, it could have been killing zombies that drew in more. Usually when you kill a zombie they give of a screech that attracts any nearby zombies.

SDK073
08-30-2014, 02:51 AM
Only zombie spawning needs to be, that when you see 200m they spawn at 200m and walk in a horde roaming your way or create paths they walk in, if you make noise/smell they should change direction ofcourse. :D