PDA

View Full Version : Modding Framework, New Anti-cheats and Existing Mods.



The Fun Pimp
08-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Folks we have been thinking about the future of modding 7 Days to Die and Steam workshop integration for quite some time. That said we realistically won't be ready for the first real workshop until Alpha 11 at the earliest.

Now some you may have participated in the Cheating Poll we took a while back. http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?12986-Cheating-Poll

The results of the poll which could have been worded better on my part were conclusive. About 67% of the 565 pollsters at the time I posted this thread think cheating is a problem and while the other 33% play single player or on passworded servers or donít really care. This is a large enough percentage for us to act on.

In Alpha 9.2 coming very soon we will be introducing a new anti-cheat system that is a server option. If server has anti-cheat enabled you cannot connect to it with a modified DLL. If you want to use your modified DLL as a client the server must have anti-cheat disabled. Modified DLLs on servers are possible with anti-cheats on. If you want to join anti-cheat enabled servers you will need to use stock DLLs only as a client.

We are sorry for this inconvenience. If you're depending on an existing client side mod that is affected by this change. However we are working on a short term Alpha 9.3 or later solution that will be part of our longer term modding framework. The new solution will give modders the code hooks they need and a location for code to hopefully peacefully co-exist with our new anti-cheat system.

So now we are asking all existing modders of the game to email [email protected] and tell us what your mods do and what game code functions/hooks would you like us to officially support. This will have the added benefit of your mods staying forward compatible with future 7DTD releases.

Cheers Richard

DocHussey
08-31-2014, 10:04 PM
As a caveat, I'm going to request that you attach a copy of your mod so that we can quickly and easily test any future hooks regarding it prior to release.