PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics 3-Day Bug Reports with my own Dedicated Server+Friends.

Tsabrock
11-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Myself and a couple of friends have been playing just fine on my own dedicated server that's been running constantly since Saturday for a combined total of roughly 30-40 man/hours. We've had a few issues so far, but nothing that's ruined our enjoyment:

0) We're playing a Random Gen MP world on a Dedicated Server (running Windows 8.1, 8GB of RAM). Server hasn't been reset since starting it up when A10 hit (I just reset it this morning at roughly the 66 hour mark). Configuration of the server is Stock, with the only gameplay change "Drop on Death". XML Configuration reconfigured from the new A10 one (A9 XML's did not work).

1) The random slowdowns/poor framerate is probably the worst problem. Lowering/Disabling Shadows seems to have mostly resolved this.

2) My friend was in the middle of sorting his inventory when all of his wearable clothes and armor disappeared off of his body (except for his miner's hat). Relogging didn't restore his clothes, but fortunately we had plenty of materials to replace/upgrade what disappeared, so no loss.

3) A couple of times my friend's client stopped loading terrain and he couldn't move, yet I was just fine. First time was in the middle of a pine forest while we were exploring, the second time was a few minutes later on the edge of the city. Relogging fixed his problem both times. I suspect it might be memory issues on his machine - on his second glitch, I checked my own client's memory usage and it was using about 2.7 gigs of RAM. After the 2nd time, he had no further issues and we played for a couple more hours.

4) There's still bugs with the campfire, although the only issue I've had so far is loosing extra eggs when making Bacon & Eggs. I gotta handle those eggs more carefully.

5) Time seems to progress on the Server even when we're not logged in, much more than Alpha9. As of last night, we were already on Day 60, even though we should probably only be on about Day 20 at most. Its not a bad thing, but dealing with the advanced hoards has been challenging, as we're still working on our main base.

6) We haven't retrieved a single supply drop. Not only are they dropping less frequently, there's been plenty of times where the crate is dropped so far in the distance it'd take half a day to reach, the smoke marker disappears after a short while, or it hangs high in the sky indefinitely.

Observations:
A) The Default is now drop everything on Quit? That seems rather excessive, not to mention very inconvenient if you just want to relog.

B) Time passes a lot faster at night than it does during the day, yet I see nothing in the patch notes. Intentional?

C) I tried to change from a female character to a male character, but when rejoining the same server I was still in the body of the character I initially joined as.

D) I've seen several other comments about game crashes. For the record, we've not experienced a single client or server crash.

That's all I can think of for now. We've been having fun!

Akrablak
11-25-2014, 06:03 PM
All this things found in game by a group of normal players,and this is not all bugs on A10.Did somone tell me if they even try test this A10, that is big crap on face players to relese this A10 in this state.They even broke things what work good on A9,like smoke after box drop on ground,they forgot add mold for sniper rifle,they add new storage crates but one of them is broken, Ammo crete you need use some wood planks on sides or bottom to craft this storage.And the dogs wow the dogs its just no comments, the same like this new iron armor lool big joke.Dead animal spawn like rabits spawn on midle of roads and dead instantly

Pilvinen
11-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Dead animal spawn like rabits spawn on midle of roads and dead instantly

It's not a bug it's a temporary feature.

toores
11-29-2014, 11:47 AM
2) My friend was in the middle of sorting his inventory when all of his wearable clothes and armor disappeared off of his body (except for his miner's hat). Relogging didn't restore his clothes, but fortunately we had plenty of materials to replace/upgrade what disappeared, so no loss.

There's a button that takes all the wearable clothes and armor off. When your inventory is full, the items drop. All items dropped this way are impossible to pick up. They appear in the world and when you push E the pulling animation plays, but once picked up they disappear.

siath
11-29-2014, 01:42 PM
B) Time passes a lot faster at night than it does during the day, yet I see nothing in the patch notes. Intentional?

It has always passed faster at night than during the day, well at least for me and I have been playing since alpha 8 I think.

Nemiel
11-29-2014, 02:07 PM
It has always passed faster at night than during the day, well at least for me and I have been playing since alpha 8 I think.

Yes its an option in the serverconfig.xml which you can adjust

I can also confirm that switching of shadows mostly fixes the slowdown bug (but not 100%) you can still have a slight slowdown with lots of torches). But I hope that gets fixed...without the shadows it looks so...strange ^^ I donīt no how to describe it :P