PDA

View Full Version : UI Incorrect spelling/grammar in the UI

Keuzen
01-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Here is a report of the typos I have seen in the UI for 7 Days to Die:

1) When creating a new game, the "Standard Options" tab's "Difficulty Settings" shows a list the difficulties and their descriptions.
- The description for 'Warrior' spells "you're" as "youre". A bit nit-picky, but still should still be spelled "you're".
- The description for 'Insane' states: "Your one brave Mother!". It seems as though it should be: "You're one brave mother!".
2) When creating a new game, the "Multiplayer" tab's "Friendly Fire" option's description spells "friends" and "their" incorrectly twice.
- Description:

Incorrect - "Players can damage the freinds in thier group."
Correct - "Players can damage the friends in their group."

Incorrect - "Players cannot damage the freinds in thier group."
Correct - "Players cannot damage the friends in their group."

That is all I see for now. Thank you for reading!

Latheos
10-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Please, *please* fix the grammar in the starting screen for the difficulties. Every time I see the errors, the editor I once was dies a little inside.

(I'd put a smiley here, but I'm not really kidding.)

keplar
11-29-2015, 04:45 PM
I created this account specifically so I could reply and add my "please!" to this request. This kills me every time I see it (especially the "your one bad mother" bit) and it definitely doesn't create a professional impression for potential investors or players. It's hard to believe that serious adult effort is being put in to something that continues to present a front page with elementary errors after a couple years of updates and work. This isn't even a major coding issue, just a tiny little copyediting change that could massively improve first impressions! Hackers, glitches, game-breaking errors... those happen. This shouldn't.